Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2022, 05:44   #16

Re: Hero Vida V1 e-scooter launched at Rs 1.45 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by advstreak View Post
Has anybody else also noticed the ABS ring on the front disk?

It would be really great to have ABS on a E-Scooter (albeit single channel but still better than no ABS).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post

ABS: I could see the ABS ring at 2:48. Possibly has single channel ABS since the rear is a drum brake setup.
That is a wheel speed sensor. While ABS needs wheel speed sensors, Wheel speed sensor does not always mean ABS is present. It may be used for other purposes.
If ABS present, Marketing would have advertised it heavily everywhere . It is a very good advantage over the competitors.
SatheeshBHP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 10:32   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

After all the delay we have got this!! The world's biggest two wheeler market surely deserves more! Not this!

Ugly: I don't know how these designs even get approved. Looks are subjective I know, but this is just ugly from whichever way I look at it. The slap-a-tablet dashboard, The use of unpainted plastic in the rear, the half naked looking front, yew! I had expected better from Hero.

Overpriced: Many people had one major problem with Ather - Pricing. Scooters like these are making Ather look VFM. Being a big and experienced OEM, I thought Hero could make use of it's Supply chain and price this aggressively. But unfortunately no!

Above this, the specs are just average, Many specs are even unknown, just promises of a charging network(nothing on ground)...Totally disappointed!
hemanth.anand is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 10:48   #18
BHPian

Didn't really know that Hero was planning to release this product. Got really excited yesterday when some notification popped up during work and mentioned that it has removable batteries.

For me it would have been a great buy with removable batteries (Aether might be a near solid product but I can't charge it in a rented apartment).

Seeing the price today put an instant damper on my excitement. Since it's a product from Hero, thought it would be well priced but with limited knowledge of taxes around EVs, this one doesn't seem like one.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 11:02   #19
BHPian

The removable batteries makes this a better proposition compared to other products in the market today but the sweet spot in pricing should have been 1.2 lakhs.

Price aside, I am not too bothered about the looks since all I am looking for is a functional scooter which rides well/decently with good range, braking and battery longevity. The ease of charging the batteries at home is a plus since it saves the hassle of setting up charging points in parking lots in old apartments.

Are there any other electric scooters in the market which have batteries which can be charged at home like the Vida V1?
whencut86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 12:14   #20
BHPian

After a delay of more than 8 months in launching Vida V1, They only have it in 3 cities to begin with and according to their investor presentation, In the second phase they plan to launch it to only 8 more cities, and then the pan India launch (Which am sure is atleat 6 months away)

Extremely poor for the worlds largest 2 wheeler maker, Where is the scale they keep talking about? Killed all the excitement in one go with the Price and the Waiting.

Ola, TVS and Ather should start seeing bookings build up now, IMO TVS would be the biggest beneficiary if they are able to scale up the production of the Iqube, Especially the S variant, and now gives TVS an advantage to launch the ST Variant at a price that just undercuts the VIDA V1 Plus.
JShah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 12:30   #21
BHPian

Swappable batteries mean instant range extension - as long as you can find a battery swapping center, and if there is a mechanism to ensure that you will get a replacement battery that is as good as the one in your vehicle.

How much do these batteries weigh? How easy is it to carry them home for charging? Will the battery compartment and connections withstand frequent removal and reinsertion? These are the questions that only real world usage will answer.

By the way, I think that the limited launch strategy is quite sound. Firstly, it allows Hero to gauge real world performance before a nation-wide launch, apart from letting it train its authorised service centers and mechanics to deal with electric scooters. In the mean time, they can build interest among likely buyers like Ola did with its e-scooter launch.
Old 8th October 2022, 15:39   #22
BHPian

One word! Overpriced!

Swappable batteries are good. Display --Over engineered -bad. Keyless entry with Keys OK. But still, overpriced. December second week for delivery, after two years of research! Don't know if these people are serious!

Presentation was pathetic. No technical details! I wonder, why companies even care to do these type of presentations! Just because, these presenters speak english, do they think, people will watch them. I think India has grown beyond that!
pogo0120 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 17:21   #23
BHPian

The market is going to say Al-Vida to this.

Why is Hero wasting their and everyone else's time with this? Apart from the removable batteries, which will make sense only if someone buys this product, I am struggling to see the point of this half-baked product and its launch strategy.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 17:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

While the new players have it refreshingly different, I feel the EV scooters from major OEMs are playing it safe (and boring) just like the petrol scooter segment before. Typical copy-paste form factor, nothing to distinguish in capacity and performance, hardly any evolution between generations (Honda's 3G, 4G and so on comes to mind). Atleast the electric models could have gone with larger wheels and better suspension since the urban ruts are back breaking.

While I never enjoyed riding a petrol scooter it's suitability as a local errands-machine is unmatched and I will be wary of dismissing them. Many a household cannot do without a scooter, be it petrol or EV
GeeTee TSI is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 19:50   #25
BHPian

With this price point one big question is whether the two battery packs are swappable or they are tied with the owner of the scooter for the lifetime it’s owned.

The BMS may have been costlier owing to two battery packs. One need expect that battery percentage should be visible on battery pack itself. Also expect tested levels to be top notch.

May be I am dreaming.
Yup. Very heavy pricing. Period.
RunGaDa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 20:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
After all the delay we have got this!! The world's biggest two wheeler market surely deserves more! Not this!

Ugly: I don't know how these designs even get approved. Looks are subjective I know, but this is just ugly from whichever way I look at it. The slap-a-tablet dashboard, The use of unpainted plastic in the rear, the half naked looking front, yew! I had expected better from Hero.

.Totally disappointed!
And those unpainted four way switches with center button must have been inspired from decade old feature phones. Even if I get this scooter for free I cannot live with those designs or the lack of it.
Old 11th October 2022, 09:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Closer look at the new Hero Vida e-scooter.

Attachment 2365464

Source : MotorBeam
I haven't stop laughing after seeing the 'Check Engine' light. Really a very unique EV.
pritanshchandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 11:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hero Vida V1 electric scooter bookings open in 3 cities

Hero MotoCorp has opened the order books for the Vida V1 electric scooter. Customers can book by paying a token amount of Rs 2,499, which is fully refundable.

Hero Vida V1 e-scooter launched at Rs 1.45 lakh-image-1-1.jpg

Initially, the Vida V1 will be available in Delhi, Jaipur and Bangalore. Deliveries will begin from mid-December 2022. In the second phase, Hero plans to roll out the Vida V1 in eight new cities.

The Vida V1 is available in two variants: Pro and Plus, priced at Rs 1.45 lakh and Rs 1.59 lakh (ex-showroom), respectively.

The Vida V1 electric scooter comes with swappable batteries. The V1 Pro is said to have a range of 165 km, while the V1 Plus can cover 143 km on a single charge. Both variants can be charged at a rate of 1.2 km per minute. According to Hero, the V1 Pro and V1 Plus can accelerate from 0-40 km/h in 3.2 seconds and 3.4 seconds, respectively. Both variants have a top speed of 80 km/h.
Old 15th October 2022, 13:42   #29
BHPian

Vida reviews:

Old 15th October 2022, 14:22   #30
BHPian

Here is another USP (as perceived by Hero) where one can remove the bolts holding the grab rail and black plastic box to convert it into flexible cargo space.
HERO is this convenience to boast about or in reality?
You went ahead and designed a split seat for this!!! Why not give space for full face helmet and fast charging USB socket?
The USB provided by Hero is a super slow one and once again of no use - as experienced on Xpulse.

Hero Vida V1 e-scooter launched at Rs 1.45 lakh-v1.jpg

Hero Vida V1 e-scooter launched at Rs 1.45 lakh-v2.jpg

Hero Vida V1 e-scooter launched at Rs 1.45 lakh-v3.jpg

Hero Vida V1 e-scooter launched at Rs 1.45 lakh-v4.jpg
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks