Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2023, 13:32   #46
BHPian

Re: Hero Vida V1 e-scooter launched at Rs 1.45 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
Any ownership reviews likely to come here soon?
Same here. Forget ownership reviews, I can't even find reviews from Auto journalists where they have ridden this scooter in the real world (just the stuff from Oct). Is Hero not providing them with media bikes after all the backlash against the price?

Quote:
I don't see any other swappable-battery models in the near future.
I am hoping that the other mass market manufacturers like Honda, Yamaha come out with their products, and they have battery swappable tech.

Quote:
Well , Simple is still there but it is complicated
I am actually just glad that I got my booking amount back from them. In fact they returned the money quicker than Ola. But yes, thanks to the members here who figured out that something was not quite right with that company.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 18:48   #47
BHPian

Vida in my opinion is having a marketing debacle right now,
They have started marketing the V1 at a large scale (Frequent advts. during the WPL streaming) but they are present only in 3 cities across India,They have the largest 2-wheeler distribution network in the country and they are doing nothing to tap on that.

They had promised a Electric 2-Wheeler in Jan'22, Which got delayed to July'22 and then pushed to Oct'22, 5 months on if they still are not able to scale up production and are giving a product that has basic issues with the seat then this just makes me think are they even serious about the whole EV thing? Its not like they are growing with the petrol vehilcles, Their market share has been consistently coming down. No new technology, No new platforms.

Its sad to see a home grown bad lose it like this.
JShah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 10:00   #48
BHPian

I don't know how these marketing people live in these companies.

I mean, Vida means in

Hindi dictionary
Vidā (विदा):—(nf) taking leave, farewell, adieu; a woman’s departure from her mother’s or from her in-law’s house; —[karanā] to send off, to bid farewell; —[lenā] to take leave, to make one’s adieu; —[honā] to bid farewell; to depart.

How can someone name a product as which associates with meaning like leave or depart?

Some time ago, Mahindra two-wheelers launched a product called Stallio, almost like STALL, the deadly word in the aviation world.

Tata wanted to name Tiago as Zyca, a south American virus that was killing people at that time.

Looks like, these people have the same IQ as the guys in JC road Bangalore, who try to paste Mercedes Benz, BMW or Porche stickers/emblems on old Maruti Zen.

Hero Vida product is destined to fail.
1. Too pricey.
2. Government will remove Fame 2 subsidy one day or another. Maybe in one or two years, once electric 2W starts denting local RTO/GST collections. Loss of tax revenue will be dangerous to them. Then, will become pricier than ever.
3. People are now looking at Rs One lakh and maybe a little more. 1.1 or 1.2. Even Ather is worried, looking for cheaper offerings.
4. The whole project/product launch was done with a weak heart, to begin with.
Bajaj auto even today is not serious about electric two-wheelers. Same with Hero. They are happy with ICE engines and marketing margins. Same with Honda HMSI.

Some technical overthought on the removal battery.
They must have provided some sort of protection stand while charging. What will happen, if a battery under charge falls on its back, like a bottle falling sideways? How good are those wires, any protection from dog biting, children playing at home etc?

This is not a cellphone charger. The battery is big and dangerous while fully charged.
What will happen to the battery, if it falls on the ground, will it break? leak, or explode?
What will happen if the whole pack becomes wet, partially wet, fully submerged, etc, as we are seeing heavy rains in Bangalore?

Regardless, all vehicles in Bangalore are kept outside (most of them). Even if a battery catches fire, fire will not come to the house. However, has Hero Vida done homework on batteries catching fire in the living room while charging, when owners are asleep at home?
pogo0120 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 11:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post
I mean, Vida means in
Hindi dictionary
Vidā (विदा):—(nf) taking leave, farewell, adieu; a woman’s departure from her mother’s or from her in-law’s house; —[karanā] to send off, to bid farewell; —[lenā] to take leave, to make one’s adieu; —[honā] to bid farewell; to depart.

How can someone name a product as which associates with meaning like leave or depart?
I am guessing they thought it would be cool to have a Spanish name.

Vida in Español means life. La Vida es bella: life is beautiful. La Vida loca: crazy life

These are very popular terms, but they didn't think about the Hindi meaning
GutsyGibbon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 11:58   #50
Team-BHP Support

Maybe they meant Al Vida to ICE.
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 11:07   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post

Tata wanted to name Tiago as Zyca, a south American virus that was killing people at that time.
I think the name was finalised well before the mosquito borne disease was spreading and became talk of the town.
vamsi.kona is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 19:14   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
I think the name was finalised well before the mosquito borne disease was spreading and became talk of the town.
Zika virus carries name from 1940's, 1950's. Virus spread was more noticed in 2000s but name is there from 1950s.

Regarding Vida meaning in Spanish etc, I guess our marketing team thinks anything foreign is golden. I see this behavior in Bangalore, where lot of apartments are named after Spanish, french words. Having lived in USA over 12 years, and being closer to Mexican work force, I kind feel ashamed when I see such names in India.

There is a school named California High School in Bangalore. What can I say!

Some people may wonder, why name is important! I do consider that everything matters including name. When I used to work for an American company for embedded systems as an engineer, our American peers would even look at comments in the code section, English, meaning, construction and precise nature of comments against code. Everything matters!
pogo0120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 21:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

Just 300 sold in Feb 2023, what a flop show by Vida. Hero needs quick introspection, OLA is selling 20K scooters even after people having doubts on its reliability.
Old 9th March 2023, 23:14   #54
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Looks like the removable battery customers are miniscule. Even those who stay in apartment, who the hell is going to lug around more then 10kg per battery.

For everything else this scooter is meh and its also expensive.

Once Ola S1 air, TVS IQube ST and River Indie hit the streets. Expensive scooters like Vida , Ather 450 series will be a tough sell.
Old 10th March 2023, 13:08   #55
BHPian

Can you please share the working fast chargers in Bengaluru from app. They haven't updated their website but I can see many vida fast chargers in petrol pumps, etc
Old 12th March 2023, 10:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Just 300 sold in Feb 2023, what a flop show by Vida. Hero needs quick introspection, OLA is selling 20K scooters even after people having doubts on its reliability.
Bangalore has become OLA scooter city. I see Ola scooters everywhere. People have accepted this scooter, it seems!
pogo0120 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 09:51   #57
BHPian

Vida chargers at GT Global Mall, Tollgate, Vijayanagar, Bangalore. Two of them present; can charge, four scooters same time.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Vida V1 e-scooter launched at Rs 1.45 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230313-9.48.55-am.jpeg  

Hero Vida V1 e-scooter launched at Rs 1.45 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230313-9.48.56-am-1.jpeg  

Hero Vida V1 e-scooter launched at Rs 1.45 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230313-9.48.56-am.jpeg  

pogo0120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 11:39   #58
BHPian

I was just watching a youtube channel on Vida and couple of things were new and interesting to me. Features were explained by a hero salesperson I guess He said
1. The batteries are unique to the scooter they are in. Meaning batteries can't be exchanged in any way between 2 Vida's. Service centres can't intentionally swap batteries and also in emergency one can't lend a battery to a fellow Vida owner.

2. A third 12v battery ( Li ion?) under the floor board which can only be used to send SOS alerts when the 2 main batteries are dead.

3. Some storage space behind the front wing panels.

4. There is an e-sim with 6 months free subscription for now( when the video was shot couple of months back)

I have few questions now,

1. Is the battery swap restriction true?
2. How strong/secure the seat /battery compartment is. Can someone easily break in and lift the battery while parked?
3. Is there clarity on subscription charges for the e- Sim?
Old 6th November 2023, 12:05   #59
BHPian

With staggering discounts of Rs 33500, Vida is available at Rs 112400 ex showroom in Amazon.in
The price looks enticing but there are no user reviews yet so it is sort of demoralizing.

Most Viewed