Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2024, 11:14   #31
MVM
BHPian

Re: My First Motorcycle | Hero HF100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan42 View Post
Just curious- this bike didn't seem suitable to you at all from the beginning, and some things like ergonomics, lack of ABS etc should have been apparent before purchase itself. Why did you go ahead with it?
Hi Sudarshan,
As I have mentioned earlier, the HF100 is my first ever motorcycle. I had never ridden a motorcycle before and had to learn from scratch. Factors like ergonomics, braking, performance etc would've made no sense to me since I had no idea of bike riding. Buying an expensive/more powerful bike didn't seem like a sensible idea considering I didn't know how to ride/take care of a bike. I also didn't know what kind of bike I wanted (with respect to ergonomics, performance etc). Hence we decided to go for the most cost effective option possible.
Used commuter bikes were around the 40/50 thousand mark despite being few years old and having questionable history, hence we decided to get a brand new motorcycle for 60 thousand on road. We ended up selling the bike to our helper for 45 thousand.

It was only after riding the HF100 for almost 1.5 years that I realised what I required in my next bike: ABS, the right seat height and footpeg position etc.

Hope I was able to answer your question
MVM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks