Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2022, 07:05   #46
BHPian

Re: Bike Conundrum for a 40-year old

One bike I dont see a mention of here, and feel is a great fit is the BMW G310GS (or even the naked G310R).
it’s a super comfortable bike, especially for tall folks. The new bs6 engine is supposedly very smooth and can easily cruise at 100. The GS is a bit big for the city but still very easy to manoeuvre as it is balanced very well. It does not get hot either.
I had one and sold it because it was a bit boring. However, my use case was limited to only a few weekends a year and not daily commute, also service options are limited to the few bmw service centers in your city.

This apart, honda is most likely launching the cb500f (naked) soon and the cb500x again , which you could check out.
ronk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 01:02   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Considerations at the moment
1. RE350 Classic, RE Interceptor, 390 Adv, Duke 390, Jawa 42, RE Himalayan, RE Meteor 350, Honda Highness, Dominor 400, Honda CB350, CFMoto 650NK and upcoming RE Meteor 650 or anything upcoming.
Please add if there is anything I missed.

What do you recommend?
In similar shoes, and having been infatuated by the interceptor since pre launch teasers, when the time came, It was the Himalayan that found a match in me.

My suggestion is to test ride all of them and let the bike speak to you.
Based on your requirements, it seems to be narrowing on the Honda as others have suggested.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th December 2022 at 01:45. Reason: Spellings and grammar. Please proof read your posts before submitting them.
bhpmooney is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th December 2022, 16:36   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk View Post
One bike I dont see a mention of here, and feel is a great fit is the BMW G310GS (or even the naked G310R).
it’s a super comfortable bike, especially for tall folks.

Really? I'm 5'11" and fat, when I went to check out the bike as soon as I got on it I was like nope not for me. I really like the look of the bike and thought maybe this would be a nice upgrade from my FZ25 especially since at that time BMW had done a great price correction.
My knees were very high up like most of the Jawa bikes, not comfortable at all.
I just thought this is not meant for someone of my height and taller unless you're a younger person and made of rubber

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks