Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2022, 13:04   #16
BHPian

Re: 2022 Honda CB300R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeruvk View Post
The service staff told me this is the first ever meter assembly replacement for a CB300R since the time of its launch (from BS4 model) in India. He kept telling me its due to the supply chain issue and he also checked for parts across other service centers.

Thank you AMVJ!
If I was in your place, after waiting for 6 months, I would have asked them to swap the meter from the display bike and the dealer could chase the makers for replacement as that becomes internal matter and gets solved much faster.

Guarantee claims are a lot dependent on how the service center presents your case.

Most often than not, the representatives at the service say that the customer is making a fuss about a petty issue etc....and then the response from the maker is lukewarm.

We have a member in our forum who is a car dealer, may be he can shed some light on such issues, unless he chooses to say that I do not know about how the two wheeler dealerships work.

Wish you a quick settlement of the isse and happy rides.

Cheers
Old 22nd December 2022, 21:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Hi neervuk, it's good you are changing the panel. That chip mark looks like an impact from a tool. The glass beneath has chipped and as the panel is an LCD screen, the damage may start affecting the screen later.

It will definitely get worse in the future. After you change the panel, apply an aftermarket screen protector.

Yes, I agree. After following up this much, I was thinking if I should just give up hoping the crack will not get worse. And the funny part is I have 2 of these screen protectors purchased from past 5 months and the service center has a fresh full meter assembly from about a month and a half. Both of them are lying there useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
If I was in your place, after waiting for 6 months, I would have asked them to swap the meter from the display bike and the dealer could chase the makers for replacement as that becomes internal matter and gets solved much faster.
Thanks, Brumby! So the display bikes they put there are customer bikes that are yet to be delivered which keeps getting replaced. And they said they cannot touch this meter for any change until from TOP there is a go ahead.

I told them a 100 times to do the replacement since approval was already received 6 months back. I am not going to run away anywhere, they can just replace with the one that was sent for me and dissect/study the faulty meter for as long as they need.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th January 2023 at 13:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 28th December 2022, 19:25   #18
BHPian

Re: Honda BigWing unable to get parts for my CB300R for more than 6 months

Update on the issue:

I received a call (finally!) last Friday from Dhruvesh Honda service manager. He said that approval is still pending even after escalations but there is another fix that could resolve the issue. They wanted to check if the crack is only on the outer case or inside. He said a service person will come to my house this Monday to check it out and change the outer case if that is the problem. This is the same resolution that Silicon Honda service manager provided as well but he never responded to me after my initial calls with him.

Monday and Tuesday passed, nobody came to check. Upon following up again, two service staffs arrived today (Wednesday) evening to inspect the same.

They removed the head and assembly to take out the meter case. And guess what! The crack is only on the outer case. And guess what again! They had a spare case with them to replace, but they wanted to run it by the service manager first. And the spare case they brought already had plenty of scratches on the glass.

Below are few pictures, lighting was not good since it was late evening.

Honda BigWing unable to get parts for my CB300R for more than 6 months-img_20221228_181812.jpg

Honda BigWing unable to get parts for my CB300R for more than 6 months-img_20221228_181938.jpg

Honda BigWing unable to get parts for my CB300R for more than 6 months-img_20221228_181952.jpg

I spoke to the service manager over call standing there and he said he will place an order for a new piece and give me an update by tomorrow. But I was told they're coming to re-validate the issue and fix it then and there since they had already procured a spare for me. Staffs ended up fixing everything back and at this point, they lost a rubber piece that was supposed to go somewhere inside along with a bolt. They told while they bring the new case, they will get the rubber piece as well.

Also, after putting everything back, it looks like the LCD screen is not aligned properly in the case box. I can see a white line underneath that was not there before. Even the number plate holder is tilted as well.

Honda BigWing unable to get parts for my CB300R for more than 6 months-img_20221228_184414.jpg
neeruvk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 00:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeruvk View Post
Also, after putting everything back, it looks like the LCD screen is not aligned properly in the case box. I can see a white line underneath that was not there before. Even the number plate holder is tilted as well.
Oh God Neeruvk, I really feel for you. This last thing is really, really adding insult to injury

Having said that, I feel you are almost at the end of your arduous ordeal. Stay the course friend! Hope this nightmare gets over soonest, you are able to put it past you and enjoy your bike.

All the best and ride safe.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 09:30   #20
BHPian

Well,this will keep me away from purchasing the India assembled cb300r.
Also please invest in lever/hand guards(universal), body or frame guards/sliders etc. In case of a fall or accidental scratch/damage ,it will be another ordeal to wait for parts. Doesn't have to be OEM or look correct either. I'm thinking we can replace the levers with other OEM or easily available Honda models too.
Senotrius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 10:31   #21
BANNED

Once this is all done, please write a scathing mail to the higher executives of Honda BigWing citing your case and the callous attitude shown by the dealership in resolving the issue and that you are sharing these messages with the Honda riding groups.
zaks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 13:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Oh God Neeruvk, I really feel for you. This last thing is really, really adding insult to injury
Thank you, Cyborg! I was still hoping this would get resolved before new year. Looks like Dhruvesh Honda procured more pieces from Silicon and it had scratches out of the box. But the manager from Silicon disagrees to this. So Dhruvesh had placed a new order about 10 days back. He said it will arrive in next 5-6 working days and will get fixed. But I haven't received any update yet.

Silicon has stock which I wanted to go and see. I did not find time to ride till Topline service (as its far from my home) to check and get it changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
Well,this will keep me away from purchasing the India assembled cb300r.
Also please invest in lever/hand guards(universal), body or frame guards/sliders etc. In case of a fall or accidental scratch/damage ,it will be another ordeal to wait for parts. Doesn't have to be OEM or look correct either. I'm thinking we can replace the levers with other OEM or easily available Honda models too.
I really wanted to! Apart from Zana and Mototorque, I don't see other options. BikenBiker has all imported parts which are pretty expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Once this is all done, please write a scathing mail to the higher executives of Honda BigWing citing your case and the callous attitude shown by the dealership in resolving the issue and that you are sharing these messages with the Honda riding groups.
I just got added to these riding groups, I am not seeing many issues from other customers. And about mails to Honda, I have sent them multiple times. Except for receiving automated responses by creating incident tickets, I haven't received anything from Honda after multiple escalations.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th January 2023 at 18:23. Reason: See mod note
neeruvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 20:58   #23
BHPian

Wow what a shit deal. So sad that Honda has come to this. Man I don’t know how you’re dealing with this. Strongly suggest you get on twitter and start tweeting about it. You’d be amazed how quickly things can be done with the right exposure.
RT13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 22:19   #24
BHPian

At one point of time I was contemplating between CB350/Classic 350/Bullet Std, before I decided to restore my old bullet std cast iron (was planning to buy a new motorcycle earlier). Seeing threads with Honda's BigWing issues, seems like I dodged a bullet (no pun intended !!)
masterChief007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 20:31   #25
BHPian

Hi everyone! I had a final update regarding this issue.

It is RESOLVED. I received a confirmation from the service center about two weeks back that spare part has finally arrived. They were short of staffs at the moment, hence nobody could come to my location to fix it. I was caught up with work as well and hence couldn't travel immediately.

I managed to ride to the service center on Jan 20th after which they replaced the outer case for me. Everything looked good including the inside display alignment. It took me another few days to put a screen protector but by then the glass managed to get minor scratches. Surprising how these are built this way! Older bikes used to have much better quality. Especially the meter glass.

But I am now glad the issue is sorted. After a long wait. But trouble managed to find me again on the exact same day, facing another major issue now. But that's another story to tell!
neeruvk is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks