Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2022, 15:14   #1
BHPian

Honda BigWing unable to get parts for my CB300R for more than 6 months

I have an ongoing experience with Honda that I thought I will share.

Some of you might know about my CB300r speedometer issue from the day of delivery. I had mentioned it some time back in this thread when I joined Team-BHP. I have a small crack in the speedometer that has affected the inside screen but everything looks good from the outside.

I was behind BigWing to get it checked from the night of delivery and in the following few weeks they agreed for a replacement and approval. This required a lot of images, videos sent and also visiting their service centre two times to finish all their formalities. Since they didn’t have a meter assembly spare part in stock, they had to place an order. After 6 months of long wait for the part to come and not much of a satisfying response from Honda, I lost my cool and sent an email to Honda 2 Wheelers India. Soon after, I received a call from the company and in next 10 days order arrived at Bangalore service centre. I was immediately told to come to get it replaced and I rode all the way there the very next working day which was a Monday. I was one of the first customers who reached for service that day and I was finally excited to get it changed as I needed to head back to work on time as well.

Upon waiting for 3 hours there and still not seeing anything being done to the bike, I went and spoke to the staff and service manager. Their response was that they're waiting for approval from Honda. But when I told them that approval was received long back and hence you received its spare part, service manager told me since now there has been a gap of 6 months, he needs to get the approval done again. He seemed to be busy with his laptop and phone calls for getting this done. He sent his share of images and videos of faulty display again standing there and even got on a video call with his officials to show the situation, but looks like that is not enough for Honda. He asked me to come back again after 4 days as approval needs to be done in person by a Honda representative who is visiting that Friday. He promised me it will be done on the same week and kindly asked me to leave for now. I was just done with my 2nd service the previous week from there and I covered 30kms that day commuting for nothing, and yes, it affected my work as well.

Its been a month plus now as I am writing this, no Honda representative has visited yet to check my bike. I reach out to the service manager every single week, in most cases he fails to pick up my phone saying he is always in meetings. Even if he picks up or responds back through text, his answer remains the same - he is awaiting approval from Honda. I am just so fed up and tired with their after sales service at this point, I ended up sending an email to Honda again this week. This has been considered as a complaint and got registered as a ticket and I am waiting for someone to contact me hoping this will speed up the process. And the service manager is aware of this ticket as he has used this as an excuse when I reached out to him this week.

I was already doubting myself on my decision of purchasing this premium bike compared to its competitors in the market due to lack of accessories and marketing from Honda. But to see this sort of lack of support and respect to customer’s issues, what is Honda even doing! From someone who is an ex-customer of Royal Enfield from past 7 years, I really don’t see any difference between both. Where is the the quality and service from Honda that people always talk about?! Even if not premium service, at least a decent level of customer satisfaction would do. Another 4 months and it will be 1 year that I am behind the company regarding this problem. It is such as SHAME!
neeruvk is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 17:58   #2
BHPian

Re: 2022 Honda CB300R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeruvk View Post
I have an ongoing experience with Honda that I thought I will share.

Some of you might know about my CB300r speedometer issue from the day of delivery. I had mentioned it some time back in this thread when I joined Team-BHP. I have a small crack in the speedometer that has affected the inside screen but everything looks good from the outside.

I was already doubting myself on my decision of purchasing this premium bike compared to its competitors in the market due to lack of accessories and marketing from Honda. But to see this sort of lack of support and respect to customer’s issues, what is Honda even doing! From someone who is an ex-customer of Royal Enfield from past 7 years, I really don’t see any difference between both. Where is the the quality and service from Honda that people always talk about?! Even if not premium service, at least a decent level of customer satisfaction would do. Another 4 months and it will be 1 year that I am behind the company regarding this problem. It is such as SHAME!
Please contact the mods and move your post to a new thread (or create a new thread) for high visibility. Hope the Honda Bigwing people see it and take quick action.

Please contact other service centres and place order. I had bad experience with VFM Honda, Ulsoor regarding getting Engine bolt. Eventually I got it from topline service centre where it was readily available that time. If you are having issues with the VFM Honda service centre, then check with the Topline service centre in Mysore road. They handle Superbikes as well. Spare parts are a problem with Bigwing. Contact all Bangalore service centres and place order.

I am surprised that you have waited 6 months. You should approach other service centers as some of the parts procurement managers in the Bigwing service centers are very bad.

Last edited by amvj : 18th December 2022 at 18:01.
amvj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 19:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Please contact the mods and move your post to a new thread (or create a new thread) for high visibility. Hope the Honda Bigwing people see it and take quick action.

Please contact other service centres and place order. I had bad experience with VFM Honda, Ulsoor regarding getting Engine bolt. Eventually I got it from topline service centre where it was readily available that time. If you are having issues with the VFM Honda service centre, then check with the Topline service centre in Mysore road. They handle Superbikes as well. Spare parts are a problem with Bigwing. Contact all Bangalore service centres and place order.

I am surprised that you have waited 6 months. You should approach other service centers as some of the parts procurement managers in the Bigwing service centers are very bad.
The service staff told me this is the first ever meter assembly replacement for a CB300R since the time of its launch (from BS4 model) in India. He kept telling me its due to the supply chain issue and he also checked for parts across other service centers. I really wanted to check with other centers but wasn't sure if I will have to repeat this entire process of proofs and approvals. I will definitely try reaching out to the Topline service center, it is quite far though.

Nowadays at times I am also getting a weird oil burnt smell from the back of the engine when I start bike in the morning. It goes away after some time but even while riding I can smell it (no lights on meter). Their is a new sounding vibration from the tail as well when I rev the engine, like chain/bolt is loose or something. The service that I recently received has been very bad at BigWing, some of these concerns were pushed away by technicians saying there is nothing and all are normal. They are easy and understanding to talk to, but no apt resolutions or responses.

I just noticed there is a separate thread for another CB300R issue from a fellow in Mumbai who faced radiator complaint. I will try reaching out to the mods (not sure how) to see if this can be moved as a new thread. Also, is there any active CB300R WhatsApp/social media groups that I can join?

Thank you AMVJ!
neeruvk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 20:05   #4
BHPian

Quote:
. Also, is there any active CB300R WhatsApp/social media groups that I can join?
There are two Whatsapp groups for CB300R (VFM Honda and Silicon Honda dealers are in them) and I am part of both of them. Send me a private message if you want me to include you.

I am not in Facebook or Instagram so no idea about those platforms.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th December 2022 at 20:31. Reason: Typos.
amvj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 20:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
There are two Whatsapp groups for CB300R (VFM Honda and Silicon Honda dealers are in them) and I am part of both of them.
I don't think I have that option to message yet since my account is new! I just checked the Team-BHP FAQs.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th December 2022 at 20:31. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 20th December 2022, 11:38   #6
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda BigWing unable to get parts for my CB300R for more than 6 months

Honda BigWing unable to get parts for my CB300R for more than 6 months - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 15:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Why is Honda BigWing becoming synonymous with troubling the customer with no sense of guilt or accountability?

There are red lines and time limits for everything but making your customers wait and run around in circles for a year?
To the OP, from what I have gathered across such threads is that pursue the dealer and Honda to the hilt, call Honda multiple times a day if you have to and get your issues sorted. Don't wait for months for whatever excuse they give.
And this is particularly bad because its not your fault or your job but cases like yours, now, have made me exclude BigWing options from my list or recommendations.
And today however good/refined a product is, if the service is bad implies that the product is bad. We have to realize this as a fact and factor in our decisions. Sad but true.

Seems like the premium experience they talked about was for them .

Last edited by aah78 : 20th December 2022 at 20:29. Reason: typos. EDIT: Spacing.
shancz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 15:16   #8
BHPian

"From someone who is an ex-customer of Royal Enfield from past 7 years, I really don’t see any difference between both. Where is the the quality and service from Honda that people always talk about?!"

Sad about your ordeal and I'm scared for myself now. I'm planning to get a cb500f PROVIDED they launch it first. But let me tell you a common misconception. Honda engineers good products,they do not have good service . This is my personal opinion.I have a Dio that still works and I had bought it within a year of its launch. So it's old and it works. But the asc used to call me up for a year or two max and when I used to do service at asc they were least bothered as well. This is like 10+year Dio. Now I have a dominar 400- the service personnel are very polite/call ups regularly but the bike is mediocre when it comes to quality. So we are left to choose between reliability or after sales service support .
Senotrius is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 20:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Why is Honda BigWing becoming synonymous with troubling the customer with no sense of guilt or accountability?
I have been calling the service manager and the main service staff from past so many months. They just ignore the calls. The service manager always has this response that he is in a meeting or travelling and will call back but never does. And this centre is far from my home, and I cannot visit them often. But the very first email from me to Honda sped up the entire process. My spare part was quickly shipped to Bangalore. But this second mail about the delay in re-approval last week didn't seem to do anything to them. Even though the complaint has been registered, no action yet. This is just very upsetting. I mean, how many approvals do they need?

The job I do focuses a lot on SLAs, lead time and on-time communication. I am sure for a Japanese brand such as Honda, they would have enough internal initiatives and tracking for process improvement, quality and monitoring. We implement enough lean workflow management methods that they have created.

I had a lot of respect for this Brand. I owned a Yamaha, KTM and then a RE motorcycle before I moved to Honda. One of my friends had a CBR250R during our college times and I LOVED that bike.

Even the sales experience was great from Honda when I went to book CB300R instead of the Interceptor. But I guess service and sales work differently here like any other place, but I didn't know it was this extreme. At this point, I have just had enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
"From someone who is an ex-customer of Royal Enfield from past 7 years, I really don’t see any difference between both. Where is the the quality and service from Honda that people always talk about?
I have had a similar experience getting a Dio, but never got it. My family went to check for Dio at the Honda Cochin showroom (Vytilla) and really liked it, this was a few years before. Dad booked the scooter on the spot and made full payment since this was for my sister (as a surprise) and the Honda salesperson told us he will give same-week delivery if we paid in full. We had to travel somewhere on the day of delivery due to urgency. We reached back few days later to the showroom and got to know they had already delivered that model to another customer. That day a young guy with a very bad attitude was the salesperson. He also said we have to now wait for another couple of weeks since we "missed" the delivery. It didn't make sense! If the vehicle was ready on the day of delivery, so should be its registration to the owner's name! He said something to my dad which I didn't like and it ended up causing a literal fight inside the showroom that the senior manager had to get involved in. He apologised and tried to convince us but we ended up cancelling the purchase and received a refund instead.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th December 2022 at 20:57. Reason: back to back posts merged. Trimmed quoted post.
neeruvk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 20:50   #10
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This is very unfortunate. All bigwing dealers seem to be running low or have no spares. Multiple calls are of absolutely no use. Only emails would help. Honda bigwing is not active on Twitter as well. Keep mailing them till you get your work done
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 23:33   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to read about your plight with a flagship model of HMSI courtesy Big Wings.

They should rename the company as Govt of Honda as it appears to be laid back, imbecile and hide bound like most government departments. It's high time that the company becomes government owned due to its very conducive, govt like work culture.

Even some government departments get brickbats if things go into the delay mode these days.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 20th December 2022 at 23:36.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 12:43   #12
BHPian

Was blown away by the 300R after a test ride but the price, the number of service centers, the lack of spares, the lack of enthusiasm from the dealerships, and finally the lack of accessories pushed me away from buying it.
I finally went and bought a RE, mentally prepared for poor service, and the exact opposite happened. There were some minor paint issues on my new bike and raised a complaint to RE directly. Within a day the dealership guys came to my house, picked up the bike, rectified the issues, and returned it to me.
arjunsatheesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 14:17   #13
BHPian

@Neeruvk

Please raise a new complaint with Honda customer care and a link to this Thread. Ask for a definite timeline / deadline. When creating a ticket, choose a different service centre instead of the same one you are currently dealing with.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 20:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunsatheesh View Post
I finally went and bought a RE, mentally prepared for poor service, and the exact opposite happened.
Woah! Can't believe I am hearing this. When I took delivery of my GT 535 during 2015, it was one of the worst buying experiences that a customer could get. Such dull delivery, I don't even have a picture of it - they handed over the bike under the basement, no josh or effort. I have bought toothbrushes in the past and have felt more happier and satisfied with the store experience. I was given the bike without mirrors since they did not have stock, and they were installing its headlight when I arrived at the showroom. So instead of taking it to home or temple for puja, I went directly to a nearby service center to get it installed. I have had such bad experiences with RE that I could write a story with chapters. That is the only reason I exchanged it for Honda, otherwise I would have never sold it. Its a beautiful machine. But looks like times have changed! RE is improving. Good for them and us.

Quote:
@Neeruvk

Please raise a new complaint with Honda customer care and a link to this Thread. Ask for a definite timeline / deadline. When creating a ticket, choose a different service centre instead of the same one you are currently dealing with.
I reached out to the service in charge for Honda Topline today, the center I am stuck with this issue is Dhruvesh Honda (North Bangalore) where I did the vehicle purchase. I was explaining him the situation but it looks like he already got to know about this today morning through internal channel as well as this team-BHP thread.

I shared with him the pictures and all other details. He did tell me moving the entire issue to another service could result in problem with Honda's current communication. But looks like he has a fix, I am waiting for his response and hopefully it gets sorted out. Attaching the image below - it is a small crack in the inner glass of the speedometer frame. Its not affecting the display or anything. And just like I thought, he said the crack could get worse in the future. It looks like a weird partial finger print and very small hence I missed seeing it during delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BigWing unable to get parts for my CB300R for more than 6 months-img_20221221_12520901.jpeg  

Last edited by bblost : 21st December 2022 at 20:44. Reason: back to back.
neeruvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 08:14   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Attaching the image below - it is a small crack in the inner glass of the speedometer frame. Its not affecting the display or anything. And just like I thought, he said the crack could get worse in the future. It looks like a weird partial finger print and very small hence I missed seeing it during delivery.

Hi neervuk, it's good you are changing the panel. That chip mark looks like an impact from a tool. The glass beneath has chipped and as the panel is an LCD screen, the damage may start affecting the screen later.

It will definitely get worse in the future. After you change the panel, apply an aftermarket screen protector.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks