Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2023, 05:13   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yet another middle-aged guy looking to buy a motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
Looking to buy a bike primarily for touring, budget between 2.5 to 3 lakhs, confused between Bajaj Dominar 400 and Jawa 42 Bobber, kindly suggest pros and cons of both or any other alternate. Thanks
Jawa bobber doesn’t sound like a good idea for that use case. Dominar easily between those two. You could also consider other capable offerings like the Royal Enfield hunter as well as Himalayan depending on the kind of touring you want to do.

If you can stretch a bit then the Interceptor is worth putting on a short list too.

Ultimately see which one connects best and will allow comfort while touring and facilitate some luggage too - the last bit will be inconvenient on the Jawa bobber.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 19:24   #47
BHPian

Re: Yet another middle-aged guy looking to buy a motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
Sorry I haven’t been able to respond on this thread. Work and family commitments kept me busy. But this was a welcome break from obsessing over the bike and gave me a nice chance to revisit my thoughts a bit later. I felt the need of a longer test ride to form a clearer picture in my mind. A friend was in a similar dilemma between the meteor and the classic (classic because I added it to his confusion). We cooked up a plan to drive down to Goa, rent these bikes and ride during the day and chill out on shacks at night! A plan this good has a way of working itself out.
A very good idea of getting a long ride through every terrain.
Goa has a mix of every road
  • Highways
  • Traffic conditions in the evenings
  • Narrow roads
  • we have dug up roads too currently(Panjim Jan-Feb 2023)
It must have been a holiday like a reviewer .

It's best to ride with a buddy with the same mindset ,in your case, both trying to understand and get a hang of the 2 bikes as per your needs .

Last edited by bblost : 15th February 2023 at 22:00. Reason: As requested. But please use report post next time. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks