Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2023, 16:06   #46
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 | Chrome Red | The Comprehensive Review

Very good informative blog Dekaile. Thanks for the details. I have booked the 2023 Classic 350 Reborn Stealth Black and expected to be delivered on 8th October. I can see that the headlights are by default ON all the time and no switch to off them. Can you help me with any suggestions on how to turn them off?

And also I have a wish to have a circular LED border light like Meteor 350. Any good brands to check for? Please advice.
Old 11th November 2023, 12:14   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel View Post
I can see that the headlights are by default ON all the time and no switch to off them. Can you help me with any suggestions on how to turn them off?
Legally, your only option is to petition the government and make them repeal thr law that has made it mandatory for motorcycles to have a headlight on all the time or have DRLs.

But on a serious note, I would suggest not doing any modification to add the ability to switch it off. Having the headlights on all the time greatly enhances the visibility and thus the safety of the bike. I got the Chrome Bronze myself last month, and I am loving my rides on the B-roads. Wishing you lots of fun and memories on your new ride.
Old 15th November 2023, 11:21   #48
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
Legally, your only option is to petition the government and make them repeal thr law that has made it mandatory for motorcycles to have a headlight on all the time or have DRLs.

But on a serious note, I would suggest not doing any modification to add the ability to switch it off. Having the headlights on all the time greatly enhances the visibility and thus the safety of the bike. I got the Chrome Bronze myself last month, and I am loving my rides on the B-roads. Wishing you lots of fun and memories on your new ride.
Many thanks NishSingh for the reply. I really wanted RE to think about adding running LED's instead of these halogen bulbs all the time which is generating lot of heat.

I completely agree that this is a necessity for the highway. However, I think the pilot lights work well for city rides. On the other hand, I recently used a Novatronix device that is plug-and-play for AHO. There's no need to modify anything or cut any cables. All you have to do is plug it into the port. No additional switch is required either. The headlight pass switch alone will act as the on/off switch. It took me five minutes to install, and it is operating well.
Krish_Diesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:28   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post

#1. Suspension
Changed the rear set with older BS6 classic 350's gas charged units.
Not that the gas charged suspensions are superior than standard suspensions, but i did this mainly for the reason below.
Though Reborn comes with 6 way adjustable rear suspension, it comes from factory with the softest setting possible. So no scope of improvement if someone looking for reducing the stiffness further.
This Gas charged suspension comes with setting 3 as standard and you have option to tone it down further.
Even though I'm keeping this in standard setting, i felt this is little softer in comparison to Reborn's standard suspension. The ride is much more pliant, especially when there is a sudden dip in road, earlier it used to feel that it drops down with no action, now its not.
Heard in many reviews that gas charged suspension was having maintenance issues occasionally. How is your experience?
Old 29th November 2023, 07:49   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer_Shower View Post
Heard in many reviews that gas charged suspension was having maintenance issues occasionally. How is your experience?
So far Im not having any issues.. My usage pattern is majorly within city limits, not sure those issues crop up in long run.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 00:43   #51
BHPian

Classic 350 and 3rd Party Accessories

Hello everyone,

I am planning to purchase Classic 350 in the near future. I have a couple of questions regarding 3rd party accessories.
  1. Is it possible to fix 3rd party alloy wheel at the time of delivery from the showroom itself? Will the showroom subtract the price of stock spoke wheels since we don't want them?
  2. Has anyone used Royal Erado's 30 spoke Alloy wheels (picture shown below) before? How's your experience regarding quality of the product?

2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 | Chrome Red | The Comprehensive Review-30-spoke-1658143674175.jpeg
  3. I have seen multiple online sources claiming that the official engine guards will break into two pieces upon impact, and they're specifically designed that way so as to reduce the damage due to impact, and hence it is advised to avoid 3rd party engine guards which won't break easily. Is it true or just hocus pocus?
  4. Finally (forgive me if I'm being stupid), I'm planning to purchase Halcyon Green colour. I really love that colour on this bike but I don't like the logo on the tank. I prefer the 3D Royal Enfield Badge on Chrome variants. Is it possible to remove the existing logo on Halcyon Green and stick the 3D logo there? Is it advisable to do it on a brand new bike? I've done some photo editing to see how it will like. See below

2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 | Chrome Red | The Comprehensive Review-classic350logomodifiedbig.jpg

Thanks in advance.
Singer_Shower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 11:07   #52
BHPian

Re: Classic 350 and 3rd Party Accessories

Quote:
  1. NO. These alloys are illegal now as they're not BIS certified.
  2. Get RE alloys.
  3. TRUE. Crash force, if not absorbed somewhere will be transferred and cause greater damage. Also consider the weight of the crash guards. It's advised not to go for the large wrap around type guards which when bent can take your leg within it, avoid!
  4. An experienced detailing guy can do this for you as they remove and put back some logos during PPF installation.
Answers above. It's always advised to take the bike stock from the showroom with basic crash protection or use the RE MIY platform to add genuine accessories. You can always customise/personalise down the line. Rest, it's your bike, you're free to modify it your way

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 7th December 2023 at 11:12.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 11:22   #53
Senior - BHPian

I agree with surjaonwheelz.

The spoke wheels are lighter on the handle than the Erado alloy wheels. Considering these have so many spokes, the RE alloys would be lighter and almost the same price.
Gordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 11:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
It's advised not to go for the large wrap around type guards which when bent can take your leg within it, avoid! up

RE themselves provide wrap around type engine guards. I'm assuming by "wrap around", you meant the following type (screenshot taken from RE's youtube channel)

2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 | Chrome Red | The Comprehensive Review-engineguard.jpg

Is the leg problem you mentioned applicable to the official engine guard shown above too?
Old 7th December 2023, 14:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
RE themselves provide wrap around type engine guards.

Is the leg problem you mentioned applicable to the official engine guard shown above too?
RE has to provide what the customers demand, right? Yes, this one too. Trust me, you don't need that heft on your bike. Look at the proportions of it!

You must be worried of the heavy bike falling on your legs, don't worry, you'll learn to (or have to) manage the weight and these guards can only save a static fall.

For aesthetics and the BULL'T image these are appropriate!

I had a 2014 Classic 350 UCE Black with the short 'Swastik' crash guard and dropped the bike only twice in parking lots with no damage to any parts.

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 7th December 2023 at 14:31.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 15:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I had a 2014 Classic 350 UCE Black with the short 'Swastik' crash guard and dropped the bike only twice in parking lots with no damage to any parts.
I tried to look up the 'Swastik' crash guard in Google but couldn't find it. If you don't mind, could you please share a link or the image of that?
Old 7th December 2023, 17:04   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I tried to look up the 'Swastik' crash guard in Google but couldn't find it. If you don't mind, could you please share a link or the image of that?
That's history brother! That era didn't have RE GMA (Genuine Motorcycle Accessories). Just get a Trapezium or Octagonal crash/leg guard in your choice of finish, black or sliver.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 21:54   #58

Quote:

@suraj -- I guess you still own re classic UCE BLACK. needed a few updates & connect with you as I'm planning to possess & maintain a friend's RE since it's unused post his move since 2-3 yrs

A - Coukd you update what was the invoice price of your re UCE 2014?

1- Is it a BS3 engine?
2- do you have the manual with you as RE online MANUAL for classic is only for BS4 & BS6 SING DUAL CHANNEL. I feel some DIY know is must.

3 - Need to know some nitty gritties with mech of bike. & want to restore atkeadt mechanically to stock condition & performance as it seems to lack it n gasping fir breath . Sprocket chain change besides, I'm wondering what necessary work needs to be done.

It'll be mighty helpful if you could update. & connect.

TiA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks