Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2023, 17:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ola S1 Air now available in a single 3 kWh variant

Ola Electric has made some changes to the S1 Air variant lineup. The most affordable version of the S1 electric scooter is now available in a single 3 kWh variant priced at Rs 1.10 lakh (ex-showroom, including FAME II subsidy).

Ola S1 Air now available in a single 3 kWh variant-s1-air.jpg

At launch, the Ola S1 Air was available with three battery options. Now, the 2 kWh and 4 kWh variants have been discontinued. It is said that the customers preferred the 3 kWh variant more, and hence, the company decided to phase out the other two battery options.

The S1 Air with the 3 kWh battery pack has a maximum range of 125 km. It is powered by a 4.5 kW electric motor, which allows the e-scooter to reach a top speed of 85 km/h.

Ola S1 Air deliveries are scheduled to commence in July 2023. It is said that those who have booked the other two variants will be forced to opt for the 3 kWh version instead.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 19:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Air now available in a single 3 kWh variant

Ola S1 Air purchase window to open on July 28.

Quote:
Purchase for S1 Air will open from 28th July.

30th July for reservers and all our existing community, at an introductory price of ₹1,09,999.
Quote:
Everyone else can purchase from 31st July at ₹1,19,999.

Deliveries start early August!

Ola S1 Air now available in a single 3 kWh variant-20230722_192501.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 22nd July 2023 at 19:32.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 13:58   #3
BHPian

I had booked this in October last year when the launch price was 80k. I was eagerly waiting for this but the constant delays and many price changes put me off completely. Just cancelled my booking for the sole reason of no benefit for early adopters with no price protection and no special discounts. Now it just makes sense to get like a Jupiter or Activa for like 80k approx and the 30k difference can be used for fuel. Fame 2 subsidy debacle quite literally broke the electric scooter market.
deepjaju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 13:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ola S1 Air bookings open; priced at Rs. 1.10 lakh

Ola Electric has opened bookings for its most affordable electric scooter, the S1 Air. It is available at an introductory price of Rs. 1,09,999 until July 30, 2023. Post which, the price will be hiked to Rs. 1,19,999.

Ola S1 Air now available in a single 3 kWh variant-20230722_192501.jpg

The S1 Air comes with a smaller 3 kWh battery pack that has a range of 125 km. It powers a 6 BHP electric motor that enables the e-scooter to reach a top speed of 85 km/h.

The e-scooter features a conventional telescopic fork up front and twin rear shock absorbers, while the braking setup consists of drums at both ends. It also gets a flat floorboard, a 7-inch touchscreen instrument console with smartphone connectivity and rides on steel wheels. It gets three ride modes: Eco, Normal and Sport.

The Ola S1 Air is available in six colour options: Stellar Blue, Neon, Porcelain White, Coral Glam, Liquid Silver and Midnight Blue.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 28th July 2023 at 13:12.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 23:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
I had booked this in October last year when the launch price was 80k. I was eagerly waiting for this but the constant delays and many price changes put me off completely. Just cancelled my booking for the sole reason of no benefit for early adopters with no price protection and no special discounts. Now it just makes sense to get like a Jupiter or Activa for like 80k approx and the 30k difference can be used for fuel. Fame 2 subsidy debacle quite literally broke the electric scooter market.
Exact same reason I cancelled today as well. They've been constantly calling me to book though.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2023 at 07:40. Reason: Capitalising.
salluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 12:19   #6
BHPian

Just wish they had launched the earlier models also with a flat footboard. The neon green colour looks good though.
Old 29th July 2023, 13:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ola S1 Airs coming off the line at the Futurefactory and will be ready to ship soon.

Ola S1 Air now available in a single 3 kWh variant-20230729_130654.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 02:03   #8
BHPian

I've been sitting on the fence about the S1 Air, and yesterday I booked one, with full payment except insurance. Here's why.

With the end of the FAME II subsidy, every electric scooter's pricing has become unreasonable compared to ICE options. For many users, the increased investment no longer offsets the fuel cost savings. With my limited commute, even going for a new scooter doesn't make financial sense, and it would be much better to keep maintaining my 14 year old ICE scooter well. In my case, I've just grown tired of it, and I'd like a change. And even with the best ICE scooters, there seems to be little in terms of variety, with almost all of them being basically the same 100-125 cc frames with different bodies and slightly different tunes.

However, if you are interested in switching to electric for more than just the costs, (NVH, lower maintenance, smooth power delivery, the cool factor, etc), then you really have some diverse options. The Ather suits the sportily inclined, the Ola for the features, the Chetak for the Retro enthusiasts, iQube for a family scooter, Ampere if you want to go a different way, and even the umpteen small firms make some remarkable looking designs. I've seen that even the smoothest ICE scooters are no match for the EV hum and glide. My running is low, hence the battery should last me a long time. I live in an independent house, so no charging issues. I actually dislike visiting the petrol pump and service centres.

Of these, if you look at the major options, all of them cost upwards of Rs. 1.5 lacs OTR after subsidy. The Ather is about 1.85 lacs, The iQube is about 1.65, THe Ols S1 Pro is also about 1.6-1.65 and the Chetak is about 1.5. Even the Bounce Infinity costs the same. The Ampere Primus costs about 1.6 lacs. These are prices obtained after first hand enquiries through dealerships in my hometown, Thiruvananthapuram, KL.

So, the Ola S1 Air priced at Rs. 109000/- ex-showroom, costing about 1.3 lacs OTR, is cheaper than all of these options, and the only comparable E-Scooter from a bigger brand is the Ampere Magnus which costs about 1.25 lacs. It has a much more powerful motor than almost anything else in this price range, has a higher top speed, has more battery range, has more storage, and is from a proper company that makes rather than assembles scooters. And since this is their second offering, and one that has decided to forego some of the more failure prone parts for more conventional ones, it should fare better. At least I hope so.

The ICE options in this range would be The Suzuki Bergman or Avenis, or the TVS Ntorq XT. The Vespas would be a stretch of about 10-15K more. I really dislike the tiny rear wheels on the Suzuki, and the Ntorq and the Jupiter 125 are the only ones I'd consider in this range. However, since we're comparing to EVs only, the S1 Air's 1.3 lacs OTR is okay for me. However, at the regular pricing of 1.2 lacs ex showroom (approx 1.4-1.45 lacs OTR), it would be too close to several other options. Hence I decided to take the plunge and book it at the intro price.

Another reason I decided to book it at once was that I paid using my credit card, just after July's statement has been generated, giving me at least a month of free credit. Hopefully, deliveries and initial reviews should start by then, and I'd be able to change my decision and cancel with minimal loss if reviews aren't promising.

Last edited by vivekgk : 31st July 2023 at 02:06.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 06:48   #9
BHPian

Paying 1.5L for a scooter (whether EV or ICE) is absurd IMO. At that point i would just buy an e-bike at 25K and use it instead. Or just buy a second-hand car at 2-2.5 lakhs.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2023 at 07:39. Reason: weather > whether, please capitalize the sentences.
Old 31st July 2023, 10:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ola S1 Air introductory price of Rs 1.1 lakh will be extended till 15th August 12pm.

Ola S1 Air now available in a single 3 kWh variant-smartselect_20230731104212_x.jpg

Ola S1 Air now available in a single 3 kWh variant-20230731_104042.jpg

Ola S1 Air now available in a single 3 kWh variant-20230731_104044.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 11:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Ola S1 Air e-scooter deliveries commence in India

Ola Electric has been accepting bookings for the S1 Air since July. Now, exactly a month later, the company has commenced deliveries across 100 cities.

Ola S1 Air now available in a single 3 kWh variant-s1_air_rangeone_one.jpg

Ola S1 Air is priced at Rs 1.20 lakh (ex-showroom). The company claims to have received over 50,000 bookings.

The S1 Air comes with a smaller 3 kWh battery pack that has a range of 125 km. It powers a 6 BHP electric motor that enables the e-scooter to reach a top speed of 85 km/h.

The e-scooter features a conventional telescopic fork up front and twin rear shock absorbers, while the braking setup consists of drums at both ends. It also gets a flat floorboard, a 7-inch touchscreen instrument console with smartphone connectivity and rides on steel wheels. It gets three ride modes: Eco, Normal and Sport.

The S1X is now the most affordable e-scooter in Ola's range. It comes with three battery options - 2 kWh, 3 kWh and the top-spec S1X Plus variant is offered with a 4 kWh battery pack.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 09:51   #12
BHPian

Paid full on 29th July and got 10k discount.Estimate delivery date was 7th September. It was changed to 19th September and now it stands at 25th September.The delivery date estimator, is it a computer program or a human. Whatever or whoever he is, is doing a shitty job.
There is no mode of communication with the Ola team except the app which provides scripted feedbacks. Experience centres are filled with non responsive and Ill manned people.
I am sure the delivery date will be pushed further.
Old 9th October 2023, 12:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

I received my Ola S1 Air Midnight Blue at 11pm yesterday night, as I had opted for Home Delivery option.

Link to my booking:- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5633251 (The "I Booked my Bike / Scooter" Thread)

Link to when I received the scooter last night:- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5640313 (The "I Booked my Bike / Scooter" Thread)

I have tried riding outside our house in all 3 modes, and I'm so happy that the pick up varies in all 3 modes. Will be going out for a family test drive after work this evening, and also to check if a compatible Fast Charger is available somewhere nearby in Manali.

Will update on the details at that time. Got Move OS 3.1.1 out of the box, waiting for update to Move OS4 when it rolls out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks