Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2024, 09:12   #181
BANNED

re: Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs

Anyone who has taken delivery of bike, can you please confirm what all you received in the welcome kit? I got 1 keychain, 1 honda band, 1 coffee mug and 2 keys. There was one slot empty in the box, for which the showroom guys said, earlier honda use to give chocolates in that, but now they have stopped. Thats why one empty slot.

If anyone received the delivery of their NX500 then please confirm the contents.

Thanks.

Mod Note: Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th February 2024 at 19:06. Reason: Mod Note attached.
dinesh_redhawk is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th February 2024, 11:47   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh_redhawk View Post
Got the bike delivered to me yesterday.
Congratulations on the bike Dinesh. Which showroom in BLR did you pick it up from?

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th February 2024 at 19:07. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please don’t needlessly quote entire long posts. Thank you.
Old 19th February 2024, 12:07   #183

Quote:
The bike model is strangely mentioned as CB500X in all official documents, invoice, registration, insurance. And NX500 is just a marketing tag for New Xperience.
This is strange! Did you happen to check what the user manual says about what type of fuel to use? And which insurer did you go with and how much did you pay?
Old 19th February 2024, 12:18   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Got the bike delivered to me yesterday. Everything was good except for the fact, similar to my test ride bike, this bike also had the handle tilted towards right. And yes i checked with 2 other bikes in showtoom and this was not the case. In my new bike, the headlight, thr front wheel and the handle direction were not alligned properly. Hence today Honda technician will visit my place and rectify this.
Does the NX come in a crate like the usual CBU imports? It's very surprising to hear that the front end was crooked on an all new CBU motorcycle. I noticed the same on the first ride video as well. It's something that trigger me a lot when it comes to bikes. We expect a 100% sorted alignment on a new bike and certainly on a 7L+ CBU import. Recently some Himalayan 450s and Vstrom 250s had trouble with alignment straight out of the factory. Wonder what is happening here. Btw, congrats on the new bike

Last edited by b16h22 : 19th February 2024 at 12:20.
Old 19th February 2024, 12:21   #185
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Wish you miles and miles of happy biking. Which colour? And do post few pics
Quote:
Got the bike delivered to me yesterday. Everything was good. Sounds good. No first aid kit, no saree guard, no numberplate holder.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 12:44   #186
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeip View Post
Congratulations on the bike Dinesh

Which showroom in BLR did you pick it up from?
Vittal Malya road, Honda BigWing Topline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by on2wheels View Post
This is strange! Did you happen to check what the user manual says about what type of fuel to use? And which insurer did you go with and how much did you pay?
USer manual mentions the model as CB500XA with NX500 model pics.
I took insurance from Oriental (Paid 23K) as I saved 20K here by not choosing showroom's insurance. Showroom was charging me 43K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
Does the NX come in a crate like the usual CBU imports? It's very surprising to hear that the front end was crooked on an all new CBU motorcycle. I noticed the same on the first ride video as well. It's something that trigger me a lot when it comes to bikes. We expect a 100% sorted alignment on a new bike and certainly on a 7L+ CBU import. Recently some Himalayan 450s and Vstrom 250s had trouble with alignment straight out of the factory. Wonder what is happening here. Btw, congrats on the new bike
Yes, it comes in Crate from Thailand till Gurgaon and from there its transported in Trucks to other parts. Yes, its truely painful to see your new bike being operated by mechanic on the next day of purchase. Thanks for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Congrats. Wish you miles and miles of happy biking. Which colour? And do post few pics
I took Red color as thats the one which looked more attractive than black. White is also good but need to wait for another 2-3 months atleast.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs-20240219_124023.jpg  

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th February 2024 at 12:56. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
dinesh_redhawk is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 14:48   #187

Quote:
Got the bike delivered to me yesterday. Everything was good except for the fact, similar to my test ride bike, this bike also had the handle tilted towards right. And yes i checked with 2 other bikes in showtoom and this was not the case. In my new bike, the headlight, thr front wheel and the handle direction were not alligned properly. Hence today Honda technician will visit my place and rectify this. Apart from this there was no complaints. Delivery process was smooth. Everything was good. On my way back home, noticed couple of things - handle riser is reqd, some sound comes from underbody like a metal is hit when the bike jumps over speed breakers, need to check that. The pillion seat is slippery, my pillion was almost completely on my back. Could be because of jeans and as its a new seat. Horn and indicator switch placement is a pain. The thump from the exhaust is very bassy.. Sounds good. No first aid kit, no saree guard, no numberplate holder.

Congratulations on the new ride and thank you for sharing the details!

Had few questions:

1. How was it confirmed the motorcycle is thailand made? I was informed from dealership, its from Japan
2. Will it possible to share which was the showroom provided insurance company? Was there extra addons which made the quote to 43k? Again I was informed the showroom insurance would be under 30k.
3. Is there a user manual provided? Is a pdf of the same available?
4. What is the service interval? Is it 6k kms/6 months or 12k kms/1 year ?
jlukose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 15:07   #188

Quote:
USer manual mentions the model as CB500XA with NX500 model pics.
I took insurance from Oriental (Paid 23K) as I saved 20K here by not choosing showroom's insurance. Showroom was charging me 43K.
Is your User Manual in Spanish? And how did you get that cost? Showroom has quoted 33k from ICICI Lombard and Oriental Insurance website shows 35K.
Old 19th February 2024, 16:30   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukose View Post
Congratulations on the new ride and thank you for sharing the details!

Had few questions:

1. How was it confirmed the motorcycle is thailand made? I was informed from dealership, its from Japan
2. Will it possible to share which was the showroom provided insurance company? Was there extra addons which made the quote to 43k? Again I was informed the showroom insurance would be under 30k.
3. Is there a user manual provided? Is a pdf of the same available?
4. What is the service interval? Is it 6k kms/6 months or 12k kms/1 year ?
Thanks!.
1) There are many labels on the bike internals in Thai language. The user manuals and some of the stickers on the engine are of thai language. Showroom also conveyed me that nowadays Honda is manufacturing mostly in Thailand and Indonasia and nothing from Japan.
2) Showroom was providing from ICICI Lombard. I didnt enquire much after hearing the premium cost of 43K.
3) Yes around 4-5 different language user manual books are provided, including english.
4) First one is 1000/1month and then 6k kms/6 months. All Paid service as this is a CBU unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by on2wheels View Post
Is your User Manual in Spanish? And how did you get that cost? Showroom has quoted 33k from ICICI Lombard and Oriental Insurance website shows 35K.
Which cost? Insurance 23K? I have a close agent who got me this.
dinesh_redhawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 01:23   #190

Hello Friends, test rode the NX 500 last week and here's my 2 cents on it.

For some context, I am a current owner of a Pulsar 150 DTSi with 1,20,000 kms on ODO and a Duke 390 MY2017 owner with 18,000 kms of which mostly is touring. Also own a Creta SX(O) at 18,000 & past owner of an i20 Petrol Manual which I sold at 70,000 kms.

Why the test ride: Duke is a shockingly good tourer but my large frame & weight with Duke's aggressive rider triangle was taking a toll on me (aging probably?). Until recently the manic engine & the smile it always brought when you open that throttle made up for some discomfort but something's gotta give! So went looking for something comfortable that wouldn't break my bank account! I have already ridden the 390 ADVs and not going anywhere near the Himalayan 450.

So:

Test rode the NX500 and quite a long one at that. Was done via some contacts, "I know a guy who knows a guy" type deal. And here is what I gathered (in no particular order) after riding some 2 hours:

1. Lights, felt it's average but didn't ride in dark. Will definitely need aux lights.

2. Suspension: front was set perfectly, you can just go over anything on Bangalore roads with no fear. Rear needs some adjustments probably because of my excess weight.

3. Seat was superb, very good cushion and my weight was pressing it down further. But Transalp seat was the best for touring (which I also test rode albeit a short one).

4. Ergonomics: upper body is set perfectly for handle bar position and reach. Cone set was of high quality making filtering very easy, I hit the Saturday morning traffic from Hebbal to Windsor Manor & bike was very nimble. Larger contact patch after tyre wear out may adversely affect this. Limbs / foot position was not great but not as bad as Duke 390. This was actually made worse by the foot peg width which was very thin, aftermarket foot peg is must.

5. Radiator and clutch case heat was non existent even with fan running. I couldn't tell when it was coming on. My Duke & 390ADV always do with the former ready to roast a kebab if you ride with shorts!

6. Switchgear was good quality & a step up from my Duke but not at Transalp level. The joy stick was very easy to use and felt it will last. Indicator and horn are utla pulta, needs getting used to.

7. 100kph at 4300 rpm, this will easily give 30+ mileage, higher than my Duke.

8. Dunlop tyres were good but not exceptional. You can easily wear them out and switch to something better.

9. Surprisingly a good handler, even at fast bends it kept a stable line and needed very few inputs to correct it.

10. NVH: superb, you can tour full day without breaks if you have to, it's so good, but there was a small 500rpm band between 3500 to 4000 where there was light vibrations. I kept the bike on this rpm range to verify & felt it only on handlebar ends (not on grips) and tank (not felt on seat) but absolutely nothing on foot pegs. Don't know if this varies bike to bike or is usual. Dont read this as a negative, NVH is this bike's USP.

11. Typical Honda build quality and only eyesore is the front disk hydraulic hose exposed under the headlight cowl and above the front wheel mudguard. Average horn!

12. Clutch was like running your fingers in a pot of butter, exceptional! Because it's a cable clutch this may need maintenance to keep feel. Test bike had run 700kms

13. Braking: Front Braking feel was superb, there's some front end dive but not so much to cause anxiety. Rear is acceptable level. Rear break pedal was very flimsy making the contact area small & hence the riding boot-feel was marginal but acceptable.

14. Windscreen is fixed but there was zero windblast for my height of 5'9". It was going above my SOL helmet. But shoulders and underarms do catch some air and helps to cool down.

15. Head turner everywhere you go. The black doesn't even have the NX500 model badging, only the Honda logo. If you remove it then it's a mystery bike for the uniformed! 😂

16. Must have accessories: foot pegs, radiator guard and sump/engine guard. Design may be ugly due to oil filter jutting out.

17. Engine could easily have been 55+bhp, purposefully de-powered to 47bhp I think for regional or regulatory needs

18. Cable accelerator but has dual cables to take care of backlash I think (mech engineers will know). Think of it like input delay due to slack.

In summary, Honda has a winner on its hands & the pricing has removed entry barriers for many people like me with afore said owner & riding history. Their service reputation is rock solid & 2 of my friends who own Hondas (Africa Twin & CB500X) show service bills that is less or equal to servicing a Maruti Suzuki SUV! I have put off my buying decision for a few months due to upcoming travel & office commitments but most likely buy one by the mid of this year, preferably in black.

Thanks & happy motoring!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs-20240215_083018.jpg  

Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs-20240215_083029.jpg  

suddensandy is offline   (60) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 10:56   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddensandy View Post
Why the test ride: Duke is a shockingly good tourer but my large frame & weight with Duke's aggressive rider triangle was taking a toll on me (aging probably?). Until recently the manic engine & the smile it always brought when you open that throttle made up for some discomfort but something's gotta give! So went looking for something comfortable that wouldn't break my bank account! I have already ridden the 390 ADVs and not going anywhere near the Himalayan 450.
Excellent point by point review. I'm curious to know why you dropped the Himalayan 450 from consideration? I'm in the same boat as you. My heart tells me to buy the NX500. But my brain tells me that you can buy two Himalayans for the price of one NX.
true_sedan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 11:16   #192

Does anyone have any idea about aftermarket Quickshifter option for NX500 ? Coming from KTM ADV390; QS has spoiled me now. It is such a great accessory to have, once you get used to QS it is very hard going back to manual shifting.

Translogic/Healtech makes aftermarket QS but none of the websites have a compatible model listed for NX 500 whereas same is available for CB500X. Not sure if same model will fit NX also. Will be very helpful if anyone has more info on this.

Last edited by KarthikK : 20th February 2024 at 11:19. Reason: Minor typo correction
Old 20th February 2024, 12:02   #193
Senior - BHPian

The clutch, man! The clutch alone! The 500X had the best/soft clutch (on my long-term test ride mission) and it was a dream. My left arm hurts on the Himalayan450. This is one point I can say in favour of the Honda. Yet to ride the NX500, though
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Excellent point by point review. I'm curious to know why you dropped the Himalayan 450 from consideration? I'm in the same boat as you. My heart tells me to buy the NX500. But my brain tells me that you can buy two Himalayans for the price of one NX.
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 13:08   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Three main reasons:

1. Vibrations: Rode a friends' Himalayan 450 in Jayanagar & the vibrations put me off. My benchmark is my Duke mind you & I wouldn't accept anything more "viby"

2. Ergonomics: Though most people like it & its largely good for the upper body, my foot kept hitting random things while getting on / off. Never happened on my Duke or the ADV 390 I test rode.

3. Trust Issues: Though RE has come a long way, I have worked in this industry & with RE before, I don't trust them yet. My friend owns the last gen Himalayan & still carries a spare clutch & accelerator cable . I am not dissing the brand here because you don't sell in such high volume if the product is bad but just that I have better alternatives!
suddensandy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 17:21   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!.
Which cost? Insurance 23K? I have a close agent who got me this.
I have been quoted 26k for Zero Dep insurance by Big Wing Goa. So I think this price is good. Any one else quoting above 30k is just making a heavy margin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks