Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2024, 10:44   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs

How many units, 10-15 per month per BigWing? And stocks arrive once in 3 months. Let me know if I'm wrong as I genuinely don't know the numbers. By the way, 6KIOM and CarbonRacing agreed to make me accessories if I left the bike with them for 45 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by on2wheels View Post
I agree, but Honda brought so few of CB500Xs to our shores before discontinuing it. Looks like a different story this time around. Demand seems to be higher than supply. So, I'm a bit more hopeful.

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th March 2024 at 09:56. Reason: Minor typo.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 15:49   #227
BHPian

Quote:
I agree, but Honda brought so few of CB500Xs to our shores before discontinuing it. Looks like a different story this time around. Demand seems to be higher than supply. So, I'm a bit more hopeful.
Only time will tell. Certainly, we have started to appreciate the twin cylinder smoothness over a harsh and vibey single cylinder. A lot of people who have booked this were interested in RE Himalayan first. So, even if this bike does 10% sales of that, then accesory manufacturers would take an interest.
Old 5th March 2024, 18:34   #228
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with Oriental; they quoted 35k. Magna Insurance quoted 24.5k but I don't trust them. Went ahead with ICICI Lombard directly and paid 29k instead of 33k quoted by the showroom guys.
How did you approach ICICI Lombard? I tried using their website but did not see a new vehicle insurance option. Could you shed some light on this process.
Old 6th March 2024, 08:14   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
How did you approach ICICI Lombard? I tried using their website but did not see a new vehicle insurance option. Could you shed some light on this process.
You're right. They don't have the option to buy insurance for new bikes on the website for some reason. I called their customer support and they gave me a better quote than their rep at Honda showroom. You can try 1800 2666 or the Call Back option.
on2wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 20:54   #230
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Is there any information on the launch of the white option. So far no news on the launch of the white option. My local big wing is saying april end / may beginning and has taken bookings for it.

Not sure why the delay in launching white. I really hope they bring it to our shores!
Old 11th March 2024, 13:25   #231

Took delivery on 6 March

Rode home 5 km and the fan came on
Was asked to take it to Topline Honda on Cambridge road. They checked and said coolant was low although the person who worked on the bike seemed to be trying to obscure the information

There is a constant rattle emanating from either the space below the tank or below the speedo console. It comes regardless of the engine being on or off.. seems to increase with speed. Sounds like a spare key in the keyring rattling against the base plate of the ignition slot. But tats not the reason because I haven't put a ring on my key.

Top line tried loosening the cone set and asked me to try. No luck. They asked me to either drop the bike off or get it looked at during the first service. Am using it 30km a day with the constant rattle. Rather disappointing experience with the service so far.

The clutch, suspension, weight management and refinement are all as expected - top notch. However, I feel it runs hot. I am coming from a first Gen (2013) Duke 390 and a 2015 250 twin (Inazuma) which never overheated so maybe it's just my expectations?

also the road sync app, when connected to the bike, seems to take over the entire phone. It cannot use keyboard input for contact search / WhatsApp search or even google search. Does anyone have tips on this?
sandeip is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 14:47   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeip View Post
also the road sync app, when connected to the bike, seems to take over the entire phone. It cannot use keyboard input for contact search / WhatsApp search or even google search. Does anyone have tips on this?
First of all, congratulations, on the bike. Hopefully, they figure out what's going on sooner than later.

I use road sync, not directly on the phone but through the bike's interface on my Honda H'ness. As you observed, can't imagine the app itself being very useful on the foreground.
Old 11th March 2024, 18:19   #233
BHPian

Quote:
The clutch, suspension, weight management and refinement are all as expected - top notch. However, I feel it runs hot. I am coming from a first Gen (2013) Duke 390 and a 2015 250 twin (Inazuma) which never overheated so maybe it's just my expectations?
This is a CBU from Thailand. Only the front wheel, brake callipers and side mirrors come in a separate box. This is then installed by BigWing guys before delivering to a customer.

Ideally, CBU units should never have any quality issues. But this is the second issue I'm reading in this forum. The first one where a Bhpian reported a tilt in the handlebar. This makes me wonder if Honda Thailand is exporting units of subpar quality.
true_sedan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 22:38   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
This is a CBU from Thailand. Only the front wheel, brake callipers and side mirrors come in a separate box. This is then installed by BigWing guys before delivering to a customer.

Ideally, CBU units should never have any quality issues. But this is the second issue I'm reading in this forum. The first one where a Bhpian reported a tilt in the handlebar. This makes me wonder if Honda Thailand is exporting units of subpar quality.
I don't know why there is this big misconception that CBU units would never or seldom have quality issues, they are also eventually manufactured in factories and assembled by workers. The quality of parts is generally better, but any bike or car can have issues right off the box. Just that in other countries they have better lemon laws then our country.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 17:35   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery on 6 March
Congratulations and all the best sandeip! Hope these niggles get sorted soon. Do keep us updated.

One more very important detail, no photographs means the delivery never happened

Please post photographs as soon as possible.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 09:34   #236
BANNED

Hi,

Anyone here has booked the white option? I am beginning to get a little concerned as to the lack of news of it's arrival. My dealer said May or June but he said he has not received any confirmation from Honda

Is anyone here booked and waiting for the white to release?
Old 13th March 2024, 14:22   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone here has booked the white option?
I think the white looks the best out of all 3 options. I was contemplating booking one and white was my only colour of choice. Unfortunately, i backed out from booking. Hold on and hope your white horse gets delivered to you and soon.
Old 13th March 2024, 17:32   #238

Hi,

I got mine delivered on 18th Feb, done with the first service!

Waiting for the official GIVI / SW-mototech crash guard to come out.

The only issue I had was the wind buffeting, which I am not used to since it's my first ADV. Got the pro-spec easy ride installed, but haven't taken it out on the highway after that, but within the city, it's good, buffeting has reduced significantly

A few of my friends are waiting for the white one as well, Big Wing Bangalore has told it should be available by May

Last edited by graaja : 14th March 2024 at 22:28. Reason: Typos, capitalizations etc. Please proof read before posting
prithvib is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 08:21   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery on 6 MarchRode home 5 km and the fan came on
General new bike advice.
The radiator fan coming on can be normal. Its a brand new bike. The Engine will run hot initially. As long as coolant is at the right level, you should be okay. Coolant is usually filled to the right level at the factory. At times, when the engine is hot, it can drop below the mid level. As long as its above the medium mark, you should be safe. Check level when engine is cold.

The rattle is unfortunate. Unusual for a brand new motorcycle.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 22:13   #240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvib View Post
Hi,

I got mine delivered on 18th Feb, Done with the first service!

waiting for the official GIVI / SW-mototech crash guard to come out.

the only issue I had was the wind buffeting, which I am not used to since it's my first ADV. got the pro-spec easy ride installed, but haven't taken it out on the highway after that, but within the city, it's good, buffeting has reduced significantly

A few of my Friends are wating for the white one as well, big wing Bangalore has told it should be available by May
Nice to hear this! In Tamilnadu , the state approval is a nightmare for any dealer and that’s what’s happening today. I have been told that approval has been given but the bike has not yet made it to the state Vahan portal. God only knows when that will happen. So folks in Tamilnadu are yet to take a proper test ride because of this :(

I booked the NX on 20th Jan, I am told I am the first in Tamilnadu

I am in no hurry, I will wait for the white. I just hope it hits our shores in May as most dealers have promised!

Last edited by graaja : 14th March 2024 at 22:26. Reason: Several typos, capitalization etc. Please proof read before posting
ashwinbalachand is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks