Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2024, 14:50   #1
Team-BHP Support

February 2024: Indian Motorcycle & Scooter Sales Figures & Analysis

NOTES:

1: Thanks to the team at Auto Punditz for sharing these sales numbers with us!

2: Only bikes that sell 500+ units (and thus, the relevant ones) have been included in the gainers & losers chart.

3. These manufacturer-reported sales numbers are factory dispatches to dealerships. They are NOT retail sales figures to end customers.
Aditya is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 14:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: February 2024: Indian Motorcycle & Scooter Sales Figures & Analysis

Aditya is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 14:59   #3
Team-BHP Support

Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 15:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

Aditya is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 15:05   #5
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line.
Old 28th March 2024, 18:06   #6
BHPian

Honda seems to have started reporting the H'ness and the new CB350 sales seperately. Hence the drop seen when comparing month on month figure of H'ness as previous month figures had both the models combined.

Regarding Triumph, it was said that by the end of this financial year which has arrived - 31st March 2024, They would have 100 showrooms all over India. But the trend of their Speed+Scrambler 400 sales has been downward. I wonder why, specially when almost all the owners seem to be super happy with their bikes.

And as usual, Z900 continues to be the ultimate value for money 4 cylinder bike and the sales figures reflect that too.

Last edited by Ratan Prabhu : 28th March 2024 at 18:13.
Ratan Prabhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 18:51   #7
BHPian

Amazing Run by Honda, from being 55% of Hero Sales to 90%+ of Hero in 12 months, I see Honda overtaking Hero in the next 2 quarters.
Asoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 09:59   #8

If only Honda could expand their Bigwing showroom and service network - CB350 and its variants would definitely see a expansion of the numbers.

Triumph 400 twins on the downswing seems perturbing. I am guessing the service / booking experience is causing the dip?
kbnissan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 11:07   #9
BHPian

Honda has better spread of sales across its models than Hero. Hero is running largely on Splendor, and supported by HF Delux. Passion provides marginal support. Rest of the models have probably either failed or are being sold at premiums to enhance profit margins. Its no where in Scooters.

Honda has Activa, CB Shine, Shine, Dio, CB Unicorn (to some extent) driving its sales. They are snapping at Hero's heels. Good spread across models, as well as across Scooters and Motorcycles.

Quite possibly they will overtake Hero in sales.

Honda's climb to no.2 position and Hero's retention of its top spot after the two brands parted ways is a case study in achieving and retaining market share in India respectively.

Also, its clear that India is 100-125 cc market. 80% volumes come from these segments. The rest is captured by Royal Enfield.
cityslicker86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 09:23   #10

I couldn't find the numbers the Jupiter 125 is doing. It's an efficient and practical scooter. Our family has been using one from the last 5 months.
theGoanGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 12:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratan Prabhu View Post
Honda seems to have started reporting the H'ness and the new CB350 sales seperately. Hence the drop seen when comparing month on month figure of H'ness as previous month figures had both the models combined.
I too have noticed this and it's surprising because it makes them look worse. Both bikes are in the same segment and have similar pricing so it does not make any sense to report them separately.

As a Hness owner myself I was curious and tried to find the reason behind it when I stumbled upon the export data. It too showed both models reported separately but the interesting part was that Honda did not export any Hness units whereas it has started exporting the new CB350. It seems that this was a conscious decision by Honda to stop the export of Hness as I don't think the figure can turn to zero suddenly. Here's the link of an article by Rushlane showing domestic and export sales figures:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rus...-12491216.html

What this makes me think is that the Hness may be on its way out and I won't be surprised if this happens. Both the Hness and the new CB350 are of the same segment and it makes no sense to have two similar products to confuse the customer. The Big Wing Pune Service also informed me during my last visit that Honda has fixed all the issues that plagued the Hness including the wobbling issue in the new model. I was hoping for a fix for the Hness as I'm still facing the wobbling issue after trying almost everything for the past year including new tyres (Both wheels MRF replaced), new tyres from a different brand (Reise TraceR), new cone set (twice), front suspension overhaul, wheel balancing and numerous other things tried by even the senior most mechanics at Big Wing Pune. I had kept my bike with them for around 28 days but we have only managed to reduce the issue. The bike still wobbles post 70 and is difficult to cruise around 80-90 due to the strain on my hands. Even the service guys are fed up due the increased influx of customers with the same issue but no permanent fix.

I was planning on replacing the Hness after another year but if my guess about Honda phasing out the Hness is correct, then it's resale value will nosedive. I'm wondering if I should sell my bike sooner and move on to something new.
White Aviator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 12:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Aviator View Post
I was planning on replacing the Hness after another year but if my guess about Honda phasing out the Hness is correct, then it's resale value will nosedive. I'm wondering if I should sell my bike sooner and move on to something new.
H'ness is the highest selling BigWing motorcycle for Honda. Steadily doing 2000 units (H'ness+RS) monthly if not more. My opinion is that they just want to show that the New CB350 has gone off to a good start after some criticism of it being RE copy.

If they discontinue the H'ness, they will simply halve their sales (BigWing) as not all potential H'ness buyers would switch to the new CB350.
Ratan Prabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks