Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 20:49   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
CCVTi : accordin to TVS, it stands for controlled combustion variable timing intelligent) engine, and not only reduces the carbon dioxide but also cuts down carbon monoxide production by 70 percent.
Isn't this same as TRICS used by bajaj?
Old 1st September 2007, 15:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Seems like that. [SIZE=2]The Throttle Regulated Ignition Control System (TRICS) was introduced by Bajaj Auto to insure that, when under full load conditions, and low quality fuel was being used, pre-ignition would not occur. When the throttle is advance beyond 1/2, the ignition timing is retarded.

Source:Bajaj scooter performance enhancements.
[/SIZE]
So it is the Spark Timing that is advanced and retarded as I had guessed before.
Old 1st September 2007, 19:10   #18
BHPian

Anybody know the specification of the new electric scooty,also the pic if available?
Old 2nd September 2007, 17:56   #19
BHPian

Its sorry that no Bhpian is intrested in an electric scooter which is the best eco friendly among the lot, OR they lack the knowledge about those intresting breakthroughs made by hybrid engines abroad which is the future platform.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
TRICS stands for Throttle regulated Ignition Control Systems and is only a small electronic switch on the carb to advance or retard the ignition as per the throttle position.
Thats nothing to do with the Vti tech.
Old 7th September 2007, 10:18   #21
Team-BHP Support

Neat, the RTR FI comes with a rear disc brake as well. A first in its class, and only the 2nd bike to have it in India.
Old 7th September 2007, 10:45   #22
BHPian

Neat !! RTR FI is looking good.

Now only if TVS can put 2 RTR FI cylinders together in a V twin arrangement , oil / liquid cool it, upgrade the tyres, brakes and electricals and release in the market at say 1.5 lacs.

We will have a 300+ CC twin with 30+ BHP and a genuine VFM scorcher . IMO it will find many buyers.

Last edited by w 12 : 7th September 2007 at 10:50.
Old 7th September 2007, 12:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
And everyone wants to buy P150 even though the difference between P150 and P180 is less than 2k!
Thats probably 'cos the FE of the P150 is significantly higher than the P180. Most of the pulsar owners IMO are college kids. While spirited riding is thrilling for them, FE is equally important. (At least it was for me when i was in college. but nowadays with growing allowances, i wonder if FE is really a factor for them kids. )
Old 5th October 2007, 19:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thats probably 'cos the FE of the P150 is significantly higher than the P180. Most of the pulsar owners IMO are college kids. While spirited riding is thrilling for them, FE is equally important. (At least it was for me when i was in college. but nowadays with growing allowances, i wonder if FE is really a factor for them kids. )

Forget about the FE, parents will think twice before buying P180 for their kids, thinking its too fast!! At least that's what happened in my case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks