Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2007, 10:30   #16
BHPian

End of the day both the Flyte and Access have Fibre body which tends to crack and vibrate after some time as compared to the Activa which has all Metal body which is more reliable and long lasting.
Old 11th November 2007, 11:04   #17
BHPian

madhokriteh > have you ever seen an Honda Dio body rattling and cracking? It also has an fibre body pls check this if you don't know.
Old 11th November 2007, 11:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Flyte? Whats the flyte? Which company?
Its the SYM X'pro 125 cc ungeared scooter introduced recently by Kinetic in India.

Seems like you didn't see this :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tml#post622765

Last edited by DCEite : 11th November 2007 at 11:24.
Old 11th November 2007, 12:09   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Saw it just before reading this post. I wasn't familiar with the name of the product.

Congrats on the purchase.
Old 11th November 2007, 16:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
End of the day both the Flyte and Access have Fibre body which tends to crack and vibrate after some time as compared to the Activa which has all Metal body which is more reliable and long lasting.
crack & vibrate? not a chance. look at the dio, look at the pep. no cracks or vibrations unless any anchor of the points are broken due to impact. the activa and the ubiquitous kinetic 4S are the only scooters in the world with a metal body i presume. metal for 2 wheeler bodies has been long abandoned in all advanced countries. only in india it still retains its old world charm.
Old 12th November 2007, 10:39   #21
BHPian

a look (and a little research) at the Access and the Flyte clearly shows that the flyte is way ahead of the access, in every way - looks, features, refinement, quality and riding. then check out the price tags and warranty and the Flyte is the winner. "very well engineered" as my father likes to call it.
Old 17th December 2010, 20:01   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Access 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
crack & vibrate? not a chance. look at the dio, look at the pep. no cracks or vibrations unless any anchor of the points are broken due to impact. the activa and the ubiquitous kinetic 4S are the only scooters in the world with a metal body i presume. metal for 2 wheeler bodies has been long abandoned in all advanced countries. only in india it still retains its old world charm.
Today saw a Suzuki Access with a crack and a big hole on its front bumper. Presumably the scooter had hit something and a part of the plastic bumper must have been chopped off.
I used to think this one had a metal body like the Activa but no its engineering plastic that is used not fibreglass!
The Dio after a nasty fall costs some Rs 2.5 K or may be more or a bit less depending on the physics of the fall, to get back in shape.Its raunchy in design.
But the Access has a conservative design that many would mistake for a metal body but no its all plastic.
Old 17th December 2010, 21:05   #23
BHPian

The wego in comnaprison is all metal body and is butter smooth to drive . Anybody buying a scooter shoulg give wego a try ,I bought it and I love it
Old 27th December 2010, 20:07   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

The other day (24th Dec) took delivery of a friend's Access for his daughter.The silver Access cost Rs 52600/- on road with some accessories like the chrome guards all around!!
Was not impressed with the dealer! He had phoned and SMS'd my friend saying that the booking (made during Oct 1st week) with a Rs 3 K deposit had matured and that he has to take delivery.The dealer did not listen and said that his booking will be placed at the end and again he will have to wait for 3 months if he does not take the delivery now.I was not aware of these tactics till the day and time I was requested to take delivery.I told my friend about the dull sales in December as waiting a few weeks he could get a 2011 model.But the scooter was RTO' ed and all that!! Rewind once RTO' ed is not possible.
We were in the showroom for about an hour. The dealer did not offer even a glass of water. Am used to the M&M dealer who offers coffee frequently.They also have coffee and tea dispensing machines to sip a glass upon demand.Most four wheel motor vehicle dealers have a better ambience in their showrooms these days.Guess I have been spoilt and was visiting a two wheeler showroom after a long gap. But I can swear the Honda showroom alongside here is much chic.
The Suzuki Access as I said has a plastic body.It has glove box opening control from the ignition key end.Most of the other controls are akin to the Activa- turn indicator, headlight button, dipper.The front shox are twin forks like the Aviator. These have a better road grip. It scores a point over the Dio and Activa here.Its battery is placed below the seat, just above the footboard, a la the Kinetic Honda.
The drive is not very different but the 125 cc engine is a bit punchier than the 110 cc Dio or Activa.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 27th December 2010 at 20:10.
Old 30th December 2010, 19:56   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Coming back again to the Suzuki Access I would like to point out some plus and minus points of this scooter.The pictures will illustrate it better.The overall looks and design of the scooter is not very aesthetic. The Activa and the Dio look better. Even the Aviator is not so good looking.
Suzuki Access 125-dsc06382.jpg
-The twin front forks are known to provide a better road grip and safer riding. Its only available in the Honda Aviator.
Suzuki Access 125-dsc06385.jpg
-The side stand is better designed as compared to the Activa/ Dio and is better accessible.
Suzuki Access 125-dsc06383.jpg
-The footpegs for the pillion are better looking than the competition.
Suzuki Access 125-dsc06389.jpg
-The ignition key as I had said, has control over the glove box opening (located below the seat).They have saved costs by having a single lock.The Honda scooters have two locks-one ignition and the other to open the glove box but a single key.
Suzuki Access 125-dsc06384.jpg
-The kick starter location vis a vis the centre stand is quite defective. It hampers access to kick start the scooter when on the move.Suppose the battery is weak and not able to activate the self starter. In such a case if one reaches a traffic signal or a traffic jam the machine cannot be started while the rider is seated on his seat. he has to get down, put the scooter on the centre stand and then kick start it.The Activa and its siblings too suffer from the same problem.
Suzuki Access 125-dsc06387.jpg
-The exhaust has a chrome plated cover which looks great and tries to improve the aesthetic of this poorly designed scooter.
Suzuki Access 125-dsc06388.jpg

Suzuki Access 125-dsc06391.jpg

Suzuki Access 125-dsc06393.jpg
-The battery is placed below the drivers seat. One single nut can allow access to the battery for pilferers.The Activa /Dio have two screws that are required to be loosened for reaching the battery.
Old 13th June 2012, 13:52   #26
BHPian

I've been using a Suzuki Access 125 for past 2 years now. Odo is at around 10000 KM. It's a no nonsense scooter. Gives me 45-50KM/L which I guess is the best part of it's ownership. There's no issues with electric start or battery (Maybe because I make sure that Headlights are switched off before starting the engine, as I heard otherwise it takes a toll on the battery). In short Tension free ownership so far.
My Wifey dear also finds it better balanced and comfortable than Activa. (But I still say if you are buying a scooter just for your wife/ladies, Hero Pleasure, Scooty will be a better choice).
Satisfied with the servicing is done by Riya Suzuki, Mulund and now they have opened a new dealer & service center in Airoli, which is 10 min ride from my home.
Arunshek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 15:14   #27
Team-BHP Support

Suzuki has launched a mildly upgraded version of Access.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks