Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 18:30   #16
BHPian

heyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
Many are driving me against the Avenger. They are saying its not that comfortable as one may think. Can any owners comment on this please.
Else suggest me a better bike as per my usage stated below.
My use is 30km (15 km one way) highway ride daily from Vashi(Home) to Vikroli East(Office) on weekdays.
Approx. 60km (20km in-city ride) on weekends.
I have been riding an avy 180 for the past 2 years now ( mostly city riding ) . I can easily say that since you will be doing a lot of highway riding , the avy will really serve you with style and comfort . City riding will take a little getting use to cos of the rake angle and seating position . But seeing that you will not be doing much of that , the avy is your ride .

hope this helps .
Cheers
Jake
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
Many are driving me against the Avenger. They are saying its not that comfortable as one may think. Can any owners comment on this please.
Else suggest me a better bike as per my usage stated below.
My use is 30km (15 km one way) highway ride daily from Vashi(Home) to Vikroli East(Office) on weekdays.
Approx. 60km (20km in-city ride) on weekends.
This is crazy! Avenger is the highway bike in India!! especially if its for a daily moderate distance commute and not I-wanna-go-to-ladakh-every-six-months.

ANywaz...i suggest you TAKE A TEST RIDE and then decide. Best of Luck.

Elito
Old 8th November 2007, 12:26   #18
BHPian

Bajaj Avenger 200 finalised!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
This is crazy! Avenger is the highway bike in India!! especially if its for a daily moderate distance commute and not I-wanna-go-to-ladakh-every-six-months.

ANywaz...i suggest you TAKE A TEST RIDE and then decide. Best of Luck.

Elito
I have finalised on it. Will test drive this weekend and probably buy next week itself. I drove a Av180 of my friend for couple of days to get a hang of it and i liked it so this shud also be good..
But they have no Diwali special things.. The 'Wait' didnt pay off..
What s the expected Average of this. For the 180 one he was saying 40 in city.

I left the idea about painting the engine and all. I will keep it as it is. I now doubt (After seeing the 180, a year old piece) whether black is a right colour as it loses its charm soon and needs a lot of cleaning now nd then. Any suggestions?
Also I think i should get the rear shocks changed to Gas ones. The pillion ride s a bit bumpy. Any guidance on this?
Old 21st November 2007, 16:25   #19
BHPian

At first I was crazy about bajaj Avenger......Last year (2006 Nov) I checked Avenger..........My friend said, "this one is not for you....bcoz it's having so much weight (150kg+) and you cannot able to handle it" .......(I'm around 45-50kg, 5.5" Height ) As per my height i thought i will look good in this one.........But changed my mind (after brainwash done by my friend) and bought Maruti Swift......

Now again I'm planing to buy Avenger........looks like i fall in love with it.

please suggest me .....Can i able to handle this cruiser?
Old 23rd November 2007, 11:57   #20
BHPian

I loved the this bike looks, is it advisable to buy it considering I'll be mostly driving it in chaotic city conditions (Pune). However, I do go for long bike trips as well (150 km to 200 km). Had done Pune-Alibag, coastal area an back on my Shaolin and didn't face any problem as such.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bajaj Avenger 200

Friends I am raking up an old thread just because there was one existing on Avenger and did not want to duplicate it. Actually I am bringing forth a query on behalf of my friend who owns an Avenger 200.

The bike in question is in Blr and the following highlights-
  • Year of Purchase - 2008
  • Kms run - Less than 1000 (that is correct it is hardly run)
  • Fancy numbering
  • Excellent running condition with periodic short runs
  • Fully covered and cleaned regularly
  • Serviced at regular intervals at authorized service center
My friend would be going abroad for a long term assignment and would like to sell the bike and is looking for the right price to quote to buyers. He has paid around 70k including that for the fancy number.

If you take depreciation into account at around 10% PA then the resale value would be around 50k. Considering the vehicle is in mint condition (less than 1k on the odo) what would be the best he can get. He feels that he can get some more considering the mint condition and the fact that the present Avenger would cost considerably more. Please advice!
Old 11th October 2011, 17:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post

If you take depreciation into account at around 10% PA then the resale value would be around 50k. Considering the vehicle is in mint condition (less than 1k on the odo) what would be the best he can get. He feels that he can get some more considering the mint condition and the fact that the present Avenger would cost considerably more. Please advice!
Since the new avenger costs 80k on road, it would have been safe to assume 60k for this particular bike (Given the amount of kms ran)

But since the new model is also 220cc and has DC circuits (instead of older AC ones) I think 55k should be good enough value.

I myself have a KA registered 2009 Avenger 200 (18000 kms run), serviced at regular intervals and in top condition (is washed on a daily basis). I would never sell it at a price of less than 50k.

Last edited by vivek_vt : 11th October 2011 at 17:37. Reason: adding information
Old 11th October 2011, 20:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_vt View Post
Since the new avenger costs 80k on road, it would have been safe to assume 60k for this particular bike (Given the amount of kms ran)

But since the new model is also 220cc and has DC circuits (instead of older AC ones) I think 55k should be good enough value.

I myself have a KA registered 2009 Avenger 200 (18000 kms run), serviced at regular intervals and in top condition (is washed on a daily basis). I would never sell it at a price of less than 50k.
Thanks Vivek on that. Since the bike is hardly run my friend is expecting around 60k but for its year of birth. Also he is expecting it to pass on to a Avenger / Cruizer fan if possible since he is really possessive about his ride.

I will post more accurate details and pics as I get from him for additional advice.
Old 17th October 2011, 14:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Thanks Vivek on that. Since the bike is hardly run my friend is expecting around 60k but for its year of birth. Also he is expecting it to pass on to a Avenger / Cruizer fan if possible since he is really possessive about his ride.

I will post more accurate details and pics as I get from him for additional advice.
Please PM me, if you have more details. I may be interested. I tried to PM you, but looks like your account is configured not to receive messages.

thanks.
Old 20th October 2011, 15:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Can we fit the tank set fuel guage of the present Avenger 220 into the Avenger 200 and what would be the estimated cost. By this my friend wants to add the convenience of a guage if it is feasible and economical to get it some what up to date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks