Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2005, 05:28   #31
BHPian

My 2 pence!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
What is it about the CBZ that makes it a great handler??
Tires, wheel base, F forks, low CG, stiff springs. Anybody want to speculate?Specs wise, the Pulsar twins seems to match it everywere and even has gas reservoir shocks and box section swingarm.

If the CBZ is great, its big bro the Zma must be awesome handler.
Well lets start off by saying that the CBzee is Honda Design.......need i say more!, but i will.........................

Wheelbase........ is one of the many things that the bike has going for it.........The Dtsi Bajaj twins got it right second time around but left all asthetic design as was which got the rear tyre sticking outta the bodywork!!!!

CG.....well in this case the CG for both the bikes are fine when on the stand its when you get riding on the twins that the CG gets screwed because of the straight up, footpegs forward position stance.......and since CG really counts when you are riding!!!!! They lose out there!!!!

Specifictions.....well the Pulsars were launched way after the CBZee rocked the 2 wheeler industry and hence improved on the standards set by the Honda machine......in the output sector only....the CBZee looked and rides better than the twins anyday!!!

Suspension..........well the bajaj twins may have the gas Shoxx!!!!, and that aint a colossal leap in the handling sector just slightly better!!!! an lastly the box swingarm....well you just need a box swingarm for a performance bike!!!!

An i don know if youve ridden the Karizma........but thats another handler!!!!
Old 2nd July 2005, 12:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
well xstream, i feel that we can and we shud meet.....i might be arnd m.g.road on sat...we can go somewhere and test our bikes, or we can meet on sun, suring the day and drag!what say?

hey bro... well everythin ok with me... will give you a buzz tonight... lets all meet up...all the biker boys
cheers
xstream
Old 2nd July 2005, 12:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

I will just buy a bajaj anyday because it is Indian.

Well lets start off by saying that the CBzee is Honda Design.......need i say more!, but i will.........................

Bajaj is and Indian design that is genuine and as good as hondas cbz or Karizma. read any reveiws and it has been proven all the time .

Wheelbase........ is one of the many things that the bike has going for it.........The Dtsi Bajaj twins got it right second time around but left all asthetic design as was which got the rear tyre sticking outta the bodywork!!!!

I think the engineers must have had some reason for that because the new bike is faster ,better handler and delivers better FE than the old versions.

CG.....well in this case the CG for both the bikes are fine when on the stand its when you get riding on the twins that the CG gets screwed because of the straight up, footpegs forward position stance.......and since CG really counts when you are riding!!!!! They lose out there!!!!

agreed that cbz stance is stylish and helps more in ride and handling but Pulsars are made for the elderly too, so the design is made accordingly.

Specifictions.....well the Pulsars were launched way after the CBZee rocked the 2 wheeler industry and hence improved on the standards set by the Honda machine......in the output sector only....the CBZee looked and rides better than the twins anyday!!!

I disagree on this. anyday anytime any1 any review except that of a cbz rider will do the same.

Suspension..........well the bajaj twins may have the gas Shoxx!!!!, and that aint a colossal leap in the handling sector just slightly better!!!! an lastly the box swingarm....well you just need a box swingarm for a performance bike!!!!

yeah and hero honda doing to cbz wat HM doin to ambassador and lancer. Just keep on selling it. Atleast pulsar has an improvement. Dont take me wrong here. Just trying to put the facts togather. cbz has been around for long now.

An i don know if youve ridden the Karizma........but thats another handler

Karizma is a better handler but it is beat by pulsar in performance. The only reason is that karizma is meant to be a crusier and not a sprinter. But it is a marvel in itself too.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 2nd July 2005 at 12:54.
Old 2nd July 2005, 13:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

when one can produce only 16.8bhp from 220cc of capacity(others manage 16.5bhp from 180cc) it shows how great techonlogy they have.if u see now that honda is here itself HH is not going to get any new tech from them only the old one,so they will have to develop their new powerhouses(or modify the old ones inhouse),and the (pathetic)super splendor is a great example of how capable they are of achiving their task.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 2nd July 2005 at 13:31.
Old 2nd July 2005, 13:43   #35
BHPian

well its just a matter of the bore size... n i think zma's engine is a stress free engine...
Old 2nd July 2005, 14:20   #36
BHPian

Hey fieroid I did make it really clear and stressed on the point that the pulsar was faster and my CBZ could keep up with it because the jet was altered!!!!!!

CBZ probably handles better coz the seat is lower and maybe the shape of the tank is such that it improves the aerodynamics....

I'm not one sided man i'm just telling u'll what each bike stands out for...

And as for the drag my dad's getting back from China this monday so i wont have the CBZ any longer... I'll contact u sometime when i get time off from college...
Old 5th July 2005, 21:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
when one can produce only 16.8bhp from 220cc of capacity(others manage 16.5bhp from 180cc) it shows how great techonlogy they have.if u see now that honda is here itself HH is not going to get any new tech from them only the old one,so they will have to develop their new powerhouses(or modify the old ones inhouse),and the (pathetic)super splendor is a great example of how capable they are of achiving their task.
dude, if the p180 produces 16.5hp and if the zma makes almost the same at 17hp wid a 223cc unit that shows how stress free it is and how sensible honda is as a bigger capacity engine can always make more torque and will deff last longer....so thats not a technological edge of the pulsars…FIY a honda cbr150 makes close to 20hp and the zma angine is actually detuned to match the indian mileage concious minds….the cbz is also called as the tiger abroad and makes much more than 16hp…so lets not talk about the technology of honda...
Old 5th July 2005, 22:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

the biggest mistak here is to compare karizma nad pulsar180. yes they are the top most bikes but they are meant for quite different needs.

Karizma is for mile cruching

pulsar 180 is for stunts and sprints.

karizma has got a good engine so has pulsar. To say that Indian manufacturers have matched their japanese coutnerparts is true.
Old 6th July 2005, 00:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
dude, if the p180 produces 16.5hp and if the zma makes almost the same at 17hp wid a 223cc unit that shows how stress free it is and how sensible honda is as a bigger capacity engine can always make more torque and will deff last longer....so thats not a technological edge of the pulsars…FIY a honda cbr150 makes close to 20hp and the zma angine is actually detuned to match the indian mileage concious minds….the cbz is also called as the tiger abroad and makes much more than 16hp…so lets not talk about the technology of honda...
dude very wierd talk.really if some manufacturer can produce more power from a smaller capacity then what is ur problem.instead of appereciating them u just tell that they are stressing the engine.the cbr 150 maybe producing 20bhp abroad but i bet u,it has fuel injection tech and not a carb.ok honda may be producing engines that are more refined,powerful and more sofisticated
than the bajaj ones,but if u see HH is never going to get those engines as honda itself is here and if honda was so smart i think they should have come up with a better engine than one in the unicorn.

and who told u that the 180 struggles to make that power.ride both bikes and see the 180 actually feels faster and more powerful than the zma.yes the zma has more torque but is also has more weight to displace(150kg v/s 137kg),so it evens things out.

Quote:
the zma angine is actually detuned to match the indian mileage concious minds
and what mileage does the zma give 30-35kmpl(even the cbz gives no more than 40)whereas the pulsar180dtsi(new) gives more than 40kmpl after hard riding and more than 50kmpl if u keep her below 50kmph.i have done it myself.52.43kmpl from a 180cc bike.that is what is called a having the cake and eating it too.

Quote:
if the p180 produces 16.5hp and if the zma makes almost the same at 17hp wid a 223cc unit that shows how stress free it is and how sensible honda is as a bigger capacity engine can always make more torque and will deff last longer....so thats not a technological edge of the pulsars
that is the funniest and most disgusting argument i have ever read,favouring a less sofisticated(or simply older) tech and yes make that 16.8bhp for the ZMA.

and FYI the 220cc ZMA engine is not detuned or anything it is a larger capacity version of the CBZ's 156cc mill as the 135cc Ambition engine is the smaller capacity version of the same engine.it simply cannot produce the power it should actually be producing looking at the capacity.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 6th July 2005 at 00:43.
Old 6th July 2005, 00:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

If a stress free engine is a desirable trait, we'd all be riding lumbering bullets. OHC makes 100 hp out of just 1.5 liters and can easily go up to 2 lakh kilometers.
Old 6th July 2005, 00:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
If a stress free engine is a desirable trait, we'd all be riding lumbering bullets. OHC makes 100 hp out of just 1.5 liters and can easily go up to 2 lakh kilometers.
or one of those 1930's 8000cc american engines producing 80bhp.
Old 6th July 2005, 09:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Oh No the the Pulsar vs Hero Honda(CBZ, ZMA) wars have arrived at Team Bhp too

Well doesn't matter to me, as i have both
Old 6th July 2005, 13:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Seems it's getting a little personal. How about settling this on the streets?
Old 6th July 2005, 14:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Seems it's getting a little personal. How about settling this on the streets?

yea...agree with this totally.... lets settle this on the streets....
Old 6th July 2005, 21:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

Racing on our puny 150-200cc bikes is not recommended. It endangers our lives as well as others. Lets keep it on the forums. HOw about a poll? Lets see what people vote more. What say? meeting and getogathers are great stuff BUt I personally feel Indian roads and traffic is too bad for a race.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks