Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2005, 21:47   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
dude very wierd talk.really if some manufacturer can produce more power from a smaller capacity then what is ur problem.instead of appereciating them u just tell that they are stressing the engine.the cbr 150 maybe producing 20bhp abroad but i bet u,it has fuel injection tech and not a carb.ok honda may be producing engines that are more refined,powerful and more sofisticated
than the bajaj ones,but if u see HH is never going to get those engines as honda itself is here and if honda was so smart i think they should have come up with a better engine than one in the unicorn.

and who told u that the 180 struggles to make that power.ride both bikes and see the 180 actually feels faster and more powerful than the zma.yes the zma has more torque but is also has more weight to displace(150kg v/s 137kg),so it evens things out.

and what mileage does the zma give 30-35kmpl(even the cbz gives no more than 40)whereas the pulsar180dtsi(new) gives more than 40kmpl after hard riding and more than 50kmpl if u keep her below 50kmph.i have done it myself.52.43kmpl from a 180cc bike.that is what is called a having the cake and eating it too.

that is the funniest and most disgusting argument i have ever read,favouring a less sofisticated(or simply older) tech and yes make that 16.8bhp for the ZMA.

and FYI the 220cc ZMA engine is not detuned or anything it is a larger capacity version of the CBZ's 156cc mill as the 135cc Ambition engine is the smaller capacity version of the same engine.it simply cannot produce the power it should actually be producing looking at the capacity.
u have never given-up on ur p180 anyways.....so no matter what is said and preached will all be a vain....
Old 6th July 2005, 22:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

nothing goes in vain if it manages to bring out the truth and as of today the truth is bajaj makes more powerful engines than HH which are more effecient and matching(if not better)in refinement.and please it does not only apply to the Pulsar twins,but to the

bajaj discover- HH ambition-splendor plus.

bajaj boxer-HH splendor-CD 100(dawn).

bajaj wave-honda dio-activa.

the fall of the leader has started.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 6th July 2005 at 22:39.
Old 6th July 2005, 22:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Xstream...what is this maga...can't even settle on streets...someone is in UK someone in Mumbai...
Old 7th July 2005, 01:03   #49
Senior - BHPian

When racing on the streets it is more the potential of the biker than the bikes. Secondly this is a pulsar180 v/s cbz only thread so lets not bring the brands and scotteretes into discussion.

IT has been proven in all the comparos and roadtests that pulsar 180 is the best the Indian motorcycling scene has seen until now. Karizma is a close second.

The pulsar 150 is beaten by Cbz fair and square .Fiero and Cbz are closely matched but cbz wins(how good wudda it been if fiero had a fatter tyre and 5-speed gearbox)

Pulsar crushes cbz in ride and handling, power, FE,
cbz is better in looks(but too old now) and riding position.

so no use in arguing. Bajaj makes as good bikes as honda or Hero honda. Lets ditch the statement that INdians cant make good bikes.

Pulsar 180 is a handsdown winner.
Old 7th July 2005, 02:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

i was forced to bring the other manufacturers and the scooteretes because some people belive that HH(a.k.a honda) has the best engines in the market.that may be true in other markets but not india.
Old 7th July 2005, 03:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84

IT has been proven in all the comparos and roadtests that pulsar 180 is the best the Indian motorcycling scene has seen until now. Karizma is a close second.
LOL i would like to see who proved it

Quote:
Pulsar crushes cbz in ride and handling, power, FE,
cbz is better in looks(but too old now) and riding position.

Dont you think its unfair to compare a 150 with a 180. They dont even have similar power figures like the ZMA & 180.
Old 7th July 2005, 11:11   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
LOL i would like to see who proved it

Dont you think its unfair to compare a 150 with a 180. They dont even have similar power figures like the ZMA & 180.

boy looks like you dont read any magazine articles. Grab a autocar, overdrive, bsmotoring, bike2car, autoindia or any other. every mag everytime has said only one thing"Pulsar 180 is the undisputed champion"

Yes it is certainly unfair for the 150cc bikes to be compared with 180cc. I agree but many others dont. I think its better you try to explain them. I am with you.
Old 7th July 2005, 11:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Yeah i read lot of that crap specially posted by OD.

btw just in case you think I am biased check out this thread

My Steeds
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5519

Nah dont wanna prove anything to anyone because every one loves his bike & would never accept any fault in it. And since I own both I win either ways
Old 7th July 2005, 11:41   #54
Team-BHP Support

I think we all agree that there is no end to this argument. Finally it comes down to the rider, not the bike, so to each his own.

Thread locked.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks