Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 08:08   #31
BANNED

Yep Anands bike seen the dyno chart showing a whooping 39 BHP.
Old 14th February 2008, 11:48   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
One question, if you dont mind! What is the dia of the piston used? Is it from any Indian bike?
Old 14th February 2008, 13:09   #33
BANNED

No idea about dia but piston is Wiseco.
Old 16th February 2008, 08:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
is that for real?
how is it done? what is the cc of the bike currently and please do post the details.

is the gear box modified too?

Last edited by rider60 : 16th February 2008 at 08:49.
Old 18th February 2008, 17:20   #35
BHPian

pls stick to original topic. if you want to discuss Anand's bike, pls start a different topic.

is a turbo possible on indian bike? I have never come across one. recently Venu put on a super charger on a fiero, so I guess it should be possible if you have the money in hand and good tuner who know a turbo. Check the tuner thread, there are quite a few, all of them are car turbo tuners. convince one of them, or contact venu himself and you will get your turbo pulsar.

the question is "is it" worth it ?

Last edited by renamo : 18th February 2008 at 17:23.
Old 18th February 2008, 21:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renamo View Post

is a turbo possible on indian bike? I have never come across one. recently Venu put on a super charger on a fiero, so I guess it should be possible if you have the money in hand and good tuner who know a turbo. Check the tuner thread, there are quite a few, all of them are car turbo tuners. convince one of them, or contact venu himself and you will get your turbo pulsar.
Even the smallest turbo made today is meant to go on an engine with atleast 500 cc of displacement. So this is not a viable option. Even the Fiero supercharger is custom-built. Building a custom turbocharger, of course, is a lot tougher. I will go so far as to say its almost impossible.
Old 19th February 2008, 00:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Naw, Ron's put up a pic of a small turbo on his forum somewhere. One of the inlets is smaller than a 1 Rupee coin. Build quality is something that will be known only when it spools consistently, or blows a hole through your leg. Expect to see it anytime in 2009.
Old 19th February 2008, 02:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Naw, Ron's put up a pic of a small turbo on his forum somewhere. One of the inlets is smaller than a 1 Rupee coin. Build quality is something that will be known only when it spools consistently, or blows a hole through your leg. Expect to see it anytime in 2009.
How about a link? The smallest I've seen so far is the IHI RHB31/32.
Old 19th February 2008, 09:09   #39
BANNED

Sorry to hijack the thread Renamo, but theres no harm in sharing good stuff.
That bike is 150CC gear ratio dont know but revs very hard beyond 12K RPM.
To see Rons small turbo you can visit his forum and Forum Index>RDDREAMS Product Sales>RDD Store Front and check for RDD First brand new turbo.As per him its good for small cars and bikes from 200 to 1200CC.
Old 29th August 2013, 17:28   #40
BHPian

Advanced Cam Timing for Pulsar

Hi guys,

I have my old pulsar 150 classic round headlights.. recently painted it at home, had the tank chromed and some other maintenance stuff.. but its just sitting around .. take it out for an occasional ride because it's really close to me .. am not gonna sell it..

now i was wondering about small tweaks here and there for slight performance gains..

know all the basics about air intake, free flow air filter and exhausts and jetting the carb etc etc.. i am interested in doing something more close to the engine and found out some stuff about advancing the cam timings or the valve timings.. many have claimed quite significant increase in the lower and midrange torque and power which is what i mostly use as I dont plan to take out this bike on long fast rides out of the city..

has anyone experimented this on their bikes.. if so, would like some first hand info about the differences observed after the changes . and differences in each aspect . not just power, the engine note, acceleration, fuel efficiency drop or rise while easy riding etc etc..

I need some guidance regarding this. sorry if this topic has been discussed before but this thread is too long to read all the way from the beginning and the search doesnt return any desirable results..

thanks..
Old 30th August 2013, 04:21   #41
BHPian

Re: Advanced Cam Timing for Pulsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post
Hi guys,

I have my old pulsar 150 classic round headlights.. recently painted it at home, had the tank chromed and some other maintenance stuff.. but its just sitting around .. take it out for an occasional ride because it's really close to me .. am not gonna sell it..

now i was wondering about small tweaks here and there for slight performance gains..

know all the basics about air intake, free flow air filter and exhausts and jetting the carb etc etc.. i am interested in doing something more close to the engine and found out some stuff about advancing the cam timings or the valve timings.. many have claimed quite significant increase in the lower and midrange torque and power which is what i mostly use as I dont plan to take out this bike on long fast rides out of the city..

has anyone experimented this on their bikes.. if so, would like some first hand info about the differences observed after the changes . and differences in each aspect . not just power, the engine note, acceleration, fuel efficiency drop or rise while easy riding etc etc..

I need some guidance regarding this. sorry if this topic has been discussed before but this thread is too long to read all the way from the beginning and the search doesnt return any desirable results..

thanks..
This could of course be an experiment mate unless you remap the chip in CDI unit. AFAIK, you cannot advance the timing. It is controlled by the CDI unit that is under the seat. The CDI unit has 2 maps within - low end and high end. A reed switch on the carb sends signals to the CDI unit that in turn activates the corresponding map. This is just my opinion though. All the best!
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 09:30   #42
BHPian

hi, petrolhead.. same explanation as on the other bhp.. CDI = ignition timing..

cam timing = valve timing. no electronics here.. all mechanical.
Old 30th August 2013, 14:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, with a Pulsar its best left stock *if* you want to keep it for long.

Pulsars in the long term don't take well to mods and give up, not my personal experience but over the years have seen loads of people experiment and either come back with a completely ruined bike or have reverted back to stock faster than you can say Ready, Steady .. Go
praful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 15:51   #44
BHPian

Afaik, I, being an owner of the same old pulsar, i don't think with carb engines, you get to time the engine as it is not an FI engine. So no ECU/injection control whatsoever. Only thing one can do is maybe go in for a rebore or change your exhaust. Imo, it is best to leave her stock since you are attached to the bike, just like i am.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 16:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post
Hi guys,

thanks..
Why would you "advance" the timings when you aim is to improve the low and mid range performance/torque?

Isn't advancing done for high RPM performance? Because at high engine speeds you need to give enough time to burn the fuel and hence keep the valves open longer.

If you are talking about spark ignition, then advancing it may lead to engine knock! Also the same logic (valve timing advance) about the high RPM is applicable for ignition too.

Last edited by alpha1 : 30th August 2013 at 16:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks