Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2008, 10:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopravs View Post
I hope India does not go the way UK has.. Feels like totalitarian state with cameras at all the signals/junctions and even on country roads.
Durham doesnt have any of those cameras and surprisingly its got the lowest number of accidents compared to any other county. Besides, in the UK they use these as speed cameras as well. In the US they use the cameras to catch people jumping stop lights.
Old 17th February 2008, 12:07   #17
Team-BHP Support

Police cameras are a welcome sign. I am sure police are really unhappy about the development. It takes away the control from bribe-soliciting cops to somebody remote who can't ask for bribes.

Regarding wrong address, what better way to find out out-of-date registration address. Anybody who doesn't respond to notices should have their registration canceled. There are so many unscrupulous used car buyers who never change the registration after purchase. I remember getting a IT department notice in 2000 for a car I sold in 1998. They wanted to know why as a car owner I haven't filed my taxes. My father replied saying that the car was sold in 1998 and his son is a NRI since then. He also gave a notice to RTO to cancel the registration as it was invalid. If the car was involved in any hit-n-run or anti-social activities, the cops would have happily tried arresting me before asking any questions.

Any development that eliminates bribe opportunity is a good thing, don't cry over it. That is the only way country can progress.

Last edited by Samurai : 17th February 2008 at 12:49.
Old 17th February 2008, 14:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Police cameras are a welcome sign. I am sure police are really unhappy about the development. It takes away the control from bribe-soliciting cops to somebody remote who can't ask for bribes.

Regarding wrong address, what better way to find out out-of-date registration address. Anybody who doesn't respond to notices should have their registration canceled. There are so many unscrupulous used car buyers who never change the registration after purchase. I remember getting a IT department notice in 2000 for a car I sold in 1998. They wanted to know why as a car owner I haven't filed my taxes. My father replied saying that the car was sold in 1998 and his son is a NRI since then. He also gave a notice to RTO to cancel the registration as it was invalid. If the car was involved in any hit-n-run or anti-social activities, the cops would have happily tried arresting me before asking any questions.

Any development that eliminates bribe opportunity is a good thing, don't cry over it. That is the only way country can progress.
Exactly, I hate our cops. I'm really happy that they cant earn any money through bribes now .
Old 17th February 2008, 15:51   #19
BHPian

With the traffic chaos we go through everyday this is a welcome step. With an overpopulated country and we will have to resort to technology sooner or later.

We are a law abiding people if we know we know are going to get caught. Forget a traffic policeman even if there are youngsters manning signals then everyone is at their 'best behavior'.

With cameras all the impatient folks are going to have to think twice before wantonly breaking signals and driving/riding like mad men. This will definitely making traveling on our roads less stressful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks