Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 12:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Good Yamaha service centre at Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Could you guys recommend a good authorised or non-authorised mechanic / garage for Yamaha in the Sholinganallur / Thoraipakkam / Velachery / Medavakkam area ?
SB, I know the service center you're talking about. I and my friend had similar experience there.

I tried their velachery service center once. This center gets comparatively less number of vehicles and it was better.

If he can go to chromepet, I have the contact of one of the SAs there. He can call him in advance and go there. Let me know and I'll PM you.
Old 18th July 2013, 10:10   #17
BHPian

Re: Good Bike Mechanic in Chennai?

Honda ASS leaves a lot to be desired. The pricks didn't even lock the drain bolt properly after oil change and every problem reported remains unfixed.

I'm looking for a trustable mechanic in Chennai for my Unicorn. The bike is sparsely driven, never ripped and taken good care of. But of late I find the ride quality deteriorating as in sluggish to drive above 45 km/hr. There is also some oil leak from the cylinder head area.

Someone in xbhp mentioned about 333 Racing (mechanic is Shiva) somewhere in Kodambakkam but has not provided a contact. Does anyone here know this place? Please suggest me a good mechanic who I can trust and will do a thorough job.

Thanks.
Old 23rd July 2013, 17:42   #18
BHPian

Any feedback on the SRI Motors at Jawaharlal Nehru Salai, Jaffarkhanpet. I had been delaying the re-build hoping I could do it myself. But due to the my work timings this has not been possible.

I have now decided that my RXZ needs a new lease of life, and this is recommended place for 2 strokes. Any personal experience over here ?
Old 23rd July 2013, 19:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
I have now decided that my RXZ needs a new lease of life, and this is recommended place for 2 strokes. Any personal experience over here ?
Would you mind if the workshop is located at ourskirts of Chennai? Think about traveling over approximately 20 odd Km (from KK Nagar) to the workshop. If you can, then let me know.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 19:54   #20
BHPian

@aargee, I am based at Anna Nagar, and if I am able to make it at stock (with minor tweaks) with genuine parts I am ok. I would like to see it in its past glory.
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
@aargee, I am based at...I would like to see it in its past glory.
IMHO, it's not a rocket science that you cannot learn. There're lots of guidance available all over + parts & workshop manuals that clearly says how to remove each part.

Learn things & take pride in constructing them all by yourself even if it takes time. I learned them over a period of a year & took about 1.5 years for me to buy all the parts & rebuild everything at home.
Old 23rd July 2013, 22:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
IMHO, it's not a rocket science that you cannot learn. There're lots of guidance available all over + parts & workshop manuals that clearly says how to remove each part.

Learn things & take pride in constructing them all by yourself even if it takes time. I learned them over a period of a year & took about 1.5 years for me to buy all the parts & rebuild everything at home.
I agree its the best way to do it, and we can be proud of it. I have done this during college days where I have dismantled a lambretta down to its last nut and re-assembled it. The challenge today is I return late, and totally exhausted, which leaves little time for the build. It got so delayed by more than a year, only because I wanted to dirty my hands. The planning started a year ago, but has reached nowhere, and find it really bad to see it in its current state!! Hence decided to have it rebuild in a garage (which is reliable and knowledgeable), and throw in some minor perf mods.
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:09   #23
BHPian

I'm looking for a cheap and reliable mechanic in and around Mylapore to get my 10 year old Pulsar 150cc bike up and running. It has been left unused for about a year. Any suggestions?
Old 13th June 2016, 23:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

can someone connect me with a mechanic/someone knowledgeable about the Yamaha RX family in chennai, preferably tambaram or OMR areas. Need some expert opinion for evaluating some used ones on olx.
Old 7th July 2017, 12:10   #25
BHPian

Reviving old thread.

I'm looking for a good bike service center near Thoraipakkam(can be anywhere in radius of 5 KM), need not be cheap but the work should be clean.
I'm sick of Honda ASS, they are pathetic to the least.
tht'snotME is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks