Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS Suzuki Samurai - No Problem

Share ur ride and comfort with ur Suzuki Samurai the bike with no problem, by which even the word No Problem got famous.

The AD which i still remember of that chinese guy saying No Problem after taking a ride on the bike.

Really speaking touch wood still today my own Suzuki Samurai has never given me a major problem for around 8 years, my engine work has not touched even once from the day i bought this vehicle.

Share ur good and bad moments on this thread which is dedicated for this great bike.
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Mod's please move this thread into a appropriate forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

Raghu: Since you have started the thread, why not post an ownership review about your bike and I am sure many will follow.
Old 23rd February 2008, 11:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Eddy,

The Review i do not know what to mention but few of them are mentioned below
  • This bike i bought it on 1st July 1999 from Bangalore - Triton Motors - TVS Showroom
  • This was my first bike in my life (Shogun - My Brother's bike)
  • Still today it has run around nearly 70-80k kms inside Bangalore
  • Never gone out of Bangalore and driving inside Bangalore itself is as challenging drive as on highway.
  • The bike from the day 1 still today as become a part of my family.
  • Still today i have never strained my bike and max speed done on this is 95kmph.
  • Very good bike to manoeveur it in any kind of road or traffic jams which is regular in Bangalore roads.
This is all i can write and i hope i see better reviews from other Samurai owners.

Enjoy the drive.................
Old 23rd February 2008, 11:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Samurai. the no problem bike. these are the confident quotes from the great Japanese manufacturer.
Even the Max 100 has the same engine. The 2 stroke engine is a great fun to drive. also samurai used to give and average of 55-60 KMPL. i loved the bike.
Old 23rd February 2008, 14:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

I too own a Suzuki Samurai, for almost 10 years now!

Indeed, a No Problem bike, I have covered 50K kms mainly within City driving, and so far didn't face any issues with this superb bike, just do a routine service every 4K kms.

Not using it much now since I have a Car and also a Activa bought for my better half.
Old 23rd February 2008, 17:06   #7
BANNED

Kudos for your Samurai !

BUT, even my 1996 4S Champion ran w/o any major problems till the date it was sold off !

Nowadays, we are having poor QC in 2-wheelers.
Old 24th February 2008, 08:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

I owned a 1993 Suzuki Samurai for more than 11 years before I bought the Unicorn. The Samurai had been a faithful companion I must admit and I still remember the day a lot of eyes were on my bike when I took it to college. I was so upset the day I sold it but had no choice as I wanted to keep pace with the new 4 stroke era. Overall, a great bike that redefined styling with its contemporary looks back in the 90s.
Old 24th February 2008, 10:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I owned a 1993 Suzuki Samurai for more than 11 years before I bought the Unicorn. The Samurai had been a faithful companion I must admit and I still remember the day a lot of eyes were on my bike when I took it to college. I was so upset the day I sold it but had no choice as I wanted to keep pace with the new 4 stroke era. Overall, a great bike that redefined styling with its contemporary looks back in the 90s.
It is a Owner's Pride and Neighbour's Envy

It is really a very very faithful bike and never ever let's down its Owner at any cost.

Jai Suzuki Samurai
Old 26th February 2008, 02:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

My friend had this bike and there were times when I traded my RX100 for the Samurai. Gave me a smooth ride. But I had issues with the brakes and the rattling body parts.
Old 26th February 2008, 04:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Samurai's the only bike I've ever been on, alone. A buddy had a 1998 model,and his brother still uses the bike. He's not had an issues with the bike per say,just a few minor problems that any bike comes up with.
I loved the way the bike could be thrown around corners,probably the most agile bike around 10 years ago ( of course, the RX100 was another phenomenon).

@ Gowda: No offense meant,but I noticed a typical useage associated with a chunk of Bangaloreans. 'Still today'.. Brought back memories of school/college, when I'd try everything possible to correct my friends,and get them to say 'Till today', and not 'Still today'.
Old 26th February 2008, 10:06   #12
BHPian

From 1999 till 2002 April - I owned a Black Suzuki Samuri. Oh!! what a lovely bike, I had a close friend of mine, who is now in dubai, we both used to go on expeditions almost to all places within karnataka, close to bangalore, hassan, sakleshpur, mysore and even been to davengere via chitradurga.

We used to drive around the city even till late night or morning 3 am, hang out in several places like russel market, shivajinagar, etc.. It surely was a no problem bike, and the expeditions are a real memory,

More soever its been the most luckiest vehicle till date. One day just like that I sold my Samurai and brought a Suzuki fiero in 2002 on my Girlfriends birthday.

Iam still on the lookout for any 150cc bike which Suzuki may release... it will be the best i guess
Old 26th February 2008, 10:25   #13
Team-BHP Support

Hi Guys,

I had to rename this thread to add the prefix TVS to the title. Internationally Suzuki Samurai refers to Suzuki SJ or what is known in India as Maruti Gypsy. At least in a car forum we should be aware of that. If you google for just Suzuki Samurai, you won't get a single reference to the bike that is being discussed here.

BTW, my wife calls me Suzuki Samurai for obvious reasons, but I can't claim right to that name, can I?
Old 26th February 2008, 10:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire View Post
One day just like that I sold my Samurai and brought a Suzuki fiero in 2002 on my Girlfriends birthday.
So instead of buying her a Scooty on her birthday you bought yourself a Suzuki Fiero
Old 26th February 2008, 10:33   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
So instead of buying her a Scooty on her birthday you bought yourself a Suzuki Fiero
She already had a scooty with her,

Although she is not with me, the bike is still with me. Sometimes Cars and bikes are more reliable, dependable. So it makes sense buying cars/bike in memory of your loved ones

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks