Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 21:57   #16
BHPian

Hi Sankar

I got a new AMCO 12V/9Ah battery fitted in my bike and it seems to be okay so far. I have not been using my HID and dual horn since Friday. The new battery was fitted on Friday evening. Today I went back to the accessories shop and got the horn guy to check the wiring. He said it was fine and these horns are no big deal. He said even more powerful ones were fitted on such bikes without any trouble.

Only today while coming back from the shop I used the dual horn and had my HID on. I got the original Minda single horn installed as well and a switch has been fitted on the left side so that I can use whichever horn I like. The dual horn and HID have been used only today after getting the new battery fitted on Friday evening. I just wanted to play safe and start using these horn/HID things after doing around 30-40 kms on the new battery. That had already been done today, and the accessories guy asked me to use both today to test them out.

Somehow everything pointed only to the battery and we just decided to get a new battery. An EXIDE FREEDOM (Maintenance Free) was fitted as default and every friend of mine said it was a useless battery model.

So let us see .... will update this thread if I have any other problems.

I experience vibrations on the Avenger mirrors at speeds above 55 kmph and the image is blurred. Any idea how I can overcome this issue ??
Old 12th June 2012, 14:56   #17
BHPian

Re: Detailed Update on my Avenger 200 starting problem

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry if this a wrong thread for this question.

I own an Avenger 200, 2009 Model. After over 3 years of use, I have 12K on the Odo. I use it to drop my wifey till her pick up point (2 KM to and fro) and for short distance rides.

Initially the FE was around 42 Km/Liter. Now, the FE is 30 Km/Liter. There was no issues with the bike as such and never underwent any major surgery. What could be the reason for such drastic reduction in FE? Is there anything to get it back to normal.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th June 2012, 19:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Detailed Update on my Avenger 200 starting problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydon View Post
Initially the FE was around 42 Km/Liter. Now, the FE is 30 Km/Liter. There was no issues with the bike as such and never underwent any major surgery. What could be the reason for such drastic reduction in FE? Is there anything to get it back to normal.
Several reasons. You may check the below
1) Spark plug
2) Air filter
3) Tyre pressure
4) Carb
5) Chain assembly

Mostly seems to be some carb issue. Your local BAL mechanic can help
Cheers
Old 12th June 2012, 19:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow

Several reasons. You may check the below
1) Spark plug
2) Air filter
3) Tyre pressure
4) Carb
5) Chain assembly

Mostly seems to be some carb issue. Your local BAL mechanic can help
Cheers
Thanks for the response apachelongbow.

I'll give the bike for servicing this month. Will get the above checked.

My bike used to give jerks in low speeds. I got the spark Plugs changed. The jerks did stop completely. I hope reduced FE is not the side effect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks