Team-BHP - My lovely P150 thrashed! :-(
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   My lovely P150 thrashed! :-( (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/39386-my-lovely-p150-thrashed-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 823490)
Are you in JSS by any chance ? Which department ?

Yes I study in JSS, CSE dept.

Very sad to hear about the accident.

Yes, the newly laid road in this stretch is an 'hard-to-resist' temptation for many to speed. And the turns are very sharp, two of them, one in front of JSS and the other just after the newly built temple. People who mis-judge these turns will surely find themselves is very deep trouble!

Hope you get your bike back soon. And good that both your friends were not hurt too much. I just hope the person who drove realizes his mistake and be careful in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 823578)
Very sad to hear about the accident.

Yes, the newly laid road in this stretch is an 'hard-to-resist' temptation for many to speed. And the turns are very sharp, two of them, one in front of JSS and the other just after the newly built temple. People who mis-judge these turns will surely find themselves is very deep trouble!

Hope you get your bike back soon. And good that both your friends were not hurt too much. I just hope the person who drove realizes his mistake and be careful in the future.

I hope that too. I've told him to ride slowly many a times but in vain. Hope he has learnt a good lesson from this.

P.S.: Filled the insurance claim form just now. Among other details, I had to mention the how the accident occured, a sketch of the road and position of the bike at the time of accident - just FYI.

Cclaim insurance and fix her up, as much as possible push for replacement of parts.

Your bike has very recoverable damage, i have managed to mangle up things even better than this during my college days and accidents happen no matter how careful and caring one is. Yup it hurts, mentally and physically.

Ride safe.

Hey Hyper, sad to hear about your bike bro. Thankfully the damage to the bike and your friends is not too much. These things do hurt though. All the dents I ever recieved on my bike were courtesy my friends and it does feel really bad.After that i decided no one will ride my bike but me, sounds rude to friends but its better that ways.

Dont worry bro I am sure your bike is gonna be as good as new soon.
You ride safe and take care.

Hyper ! Sorry to hear about the accident and obligations among some friends is a major issue as i did experience such incident when i was in College. We love our rides and unfortunately a majority of folks driving down dont bother about rides or for that matter theirs as well as others lives.
Hopefully, i think you can claim for most of the damage done and again i liked your Dad's attitude.

Do drive safe and exercise caution.

You drove the bike in that condition for 5kms!! That must have been tough and it would have been better if you had not. What if anything more went wrong and something broke.

Anyways glad you reached safely.

Yes you can fit in the new Pulsars headlights into the old one(the one you got). I had it done on my DTS-i. You just have to pay the difference. Also all plastic parts will be 50% and all metal parts will be 100%. Though there is a clause of depreciation and you can read that in your insurance booklet which causes the amount being paid to you to decrease. By the way which company did you have the insurance from?
Also the new pulsars headlight cost 798 with bulbs.
New handle - 266
Leg guard - 495
Main stand - 232
Gear lever - 168
Holder step LH- 524
R break pedal 172
Decal set -245
Fork ***** -22
Fork assembly alignment -250
Petrol tank reshaping and repainting -1250
Seat cowl painting - 300

Overall i had to give Rs 1600. However the total cost was about 5000.
Though a word of caution that i got it done a year back and there will be a bit of gap left in the front just above the headlight(for the new pulsars) though no one can see this as it gets covered by the wind shield. Also if they are not repainting or touching up any particular part then take photographs of that part cause my bike turned up with scratches on the front mudguard after 2 weeks in the shop. Will post the pics of the headlight later if you want.

Must be quite a crap and helpless feeling to see your ride suffer damage for no fault of yours.
Hope the bike gets well soon.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva (Post 823522)
Hyper so sad to see the bike in that state but thank god no one was injured.

Nah, they can't accuse you of rash & negligent driving whatever you mention of the above 2 that either you fell due to sand or a animal came into your way. My & 3 other cars met with an accident as a old man started crossing the road without realizing the traffic & the insurance guys just asked me to write how the accident happend, nothing more. So don't worry about this.

& wish you luck bro

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 823604)
Claim insurance and fix her up, as much as possible push for replacement of parts.

Your bike has very recoverable damage, i have managed to mangle up things even better than this during my college days and accidents happen no matter how careful and caring one is. Yup it hurts, mentally and physically.

Ride safe.

Yup I did just that.
The surveyor was not available even today, so I submitted the form to the service manager. I had got a call from the surveyor just now, saying that he inspected my vehicle just now and enquired about how the accident occurred. He also gave me two toll-free numbers, to which I can call and get my claim registered online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK (Post 824040)
Hyper ! Sorry to hear about the accident and obligations among some friends is a major issue as i did experience such incident when i was in College. We love our rides and unfortunately a majority of folks driving down dont bother about rides or for that matter theirs as well as others lives.
Hopefully, i think you can claim for most of the damage done and again i liked your Dad's attitude.

Do drive safe and exercise caution.

Thanks buddy for kind words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_raiser (Post 824100)
You drove the bike in that condition for 5kms!! That must have been tough and it would have been better if you had not. What if anything more went wrong and something broke.

Anyways glad you reached safely.

By the way which company did you have the insurance from?

Will post the pics of the headlight later if you want.

I was very careful while riding in that condition and the roads over here are quite empty compared to the city.

Insurance is from Bajaj Allianz.

Do post the picture of the headlight whenever you can.

Won't I be able to ask for replacement of the tank, rather than tinkering and painting? Since they will pay most of the cost of metal parts, isn't it better to get it replaced?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 824355)
Must be quite a crap and helpless feeling to see your ride suffer damage for no fault of yours.
Hope the bike gets well soon.

manson.

Yeah man, its really hard to just sit around, waiting for my bike.

Will post the pictures tomorrow. Bike is not with me now.

Anyways I think it is not really in your hands to get the tank replaced. You will have to convince the surveyor. Also it will be helpful to ask the Bajaj service guys about what you should say. Though a friend had his Pulsar wrecked some time back. His service center attendant put in more dents and deepened the existing ones to help him get it, the tank, replaced. Though this was in Kota which is a small place so he knew the attendant pretty well. Your tank does look busted but his was much worse. And depending on the parts you are getting replaced and repainted you might just be able to have a different colour. Thats what my friend did. He turned his red to black. Though its up to you and i dont know whether any changes in RC. Also talk to the attendant and ask him what to tell the surveyor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_raiser (Post 824724)
Will post the pictures tomorrow. Bike is not with me now.

Anyways I think it is not really in your hands to get the tank replaced. You will have to convince the surveyor. Also it will be helpful to ask the Bajaj service guys about what you should say. Though a friend had his Pulsar wrecked some time back. His service center attendant put in more dents and deepened the existing ones to help him get it, the tank, replaced. Though this was in Kota which is a small place so he knew the attendant pretty well. Your tank does look busted but his was much worse. And depending on the parts you are getting replaced and repainted you might just be able to have a different colour. Thats what my friend did. He turned his red to black. Though its up to you and i dont know whether any changes in RC. Also talk to the attendant and ask him what to tell the surveyor.

I spoke to the surveyor and he told me that he has asked them to replace the tank since the dents aren't repairable. He also said that it is possible to fit the new headlight onto my bike. I just have to pay the difference amount.

Had been to the service centre today. They haven't started working on my bike as yet. The person in-charge said they'll start by tomorrow. The estimation given is 14k and odd. Plastic parts 50% and metal parts 25% depreciation (for a 1-2 year old bike). Also asked him to fit the new type headlight, he said it is possible and will do it. Hoping to get my bike back by this weekend.

how about putting the solid pulsar logo on the tank instead of the stickers ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 827586)
how about putting the solid pulsar logo on the tank instead of the stickers ;)

Hmm, going by the number of solid bajaj logos on the front windshield, on the sides of the engine and handlebar stolen these days, I don't think the one on the tank would remain on the tank for long!!! It would look good though. Thanks for the idea, will inform the person in-charge.

But, will it be available in the non-probiking showrooms as well, since they neither sell nor service P200 and P220s?

Sorry to hear about this accident Hyper. Thank God that nothing major happened to your friends. I really wish that people would treat other's property with some respect.