Team-BHP - My lovely P150 thrashed! :-(
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   My lovely P150 thrashed! :-( (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/39386-my-lovely-p150-thrashed-3.html)

Finally, after more than two weeks of waiting, I got my bike back from the service station. Looks better than before and still full of life. Can't wait for an early morning ride tomorrow. :D

Will take some pics tomorrow morning and post.

Here is the list of replaced parts (price in rs)
1. Ball steel strings - 13
2. Fork oil 300ml - 64
3. Decals - 262
4. Hex bolt - 11
5. Exhaust shield - 176
6. Fender brace - 99
7. Handle bar weight - 58
8. Meter cover case - 221
9. Speedo meter white cover - 121
10. Fuel Tank - 3256
11. Seat cowl - 679
12. Bolt - 63
13. Pillion footrest - 68
14. Leg guard (black, chrome not in stock) - 290
15. Grab handle - 200
16. Windshield - 154
17. Holder fork under - 505
18. Lamp shade assembly - 179
19. Front brake lever - 63
20. Indicator FR and LR - 244
21. Head lamp assembly (UG3) - 1141
22. Rear view mirror RH - 86
23. Front fender - 355
24. Fairing - 341
25. Seat cover - 200

26. Labor - 550

Total bill came upto around 11k. The handle bar is bent a tiny little bit but it was not in stock. So he has asked me to get it replaced once it arrives.

I paid the full amount now. The insurance company will send a cheque for the calculated amount after I handover the replaced parts. I haven't been given the damaged parts yet. He has asked me to collect them once the handle bar is replaced.

I got the headlamp replaced by the new one, that is the UG3 design with the wolf-eye pilot lamps. It vibrates a little when going over uneven patches. Otherwise, there are no problems.

Gripes:
1. Grab handle is of the new type and t has a little different design compared to the original one I had on the bike, hence there is more gap between the seat and the rear cowl and rear cowl itself is bent slightly while screwing the grab bar.

2. Non-availability of spares. It took more than two weeks for the repair job. Parts that were not available are: Tank, leg guard, H/L assembly.

The new tank and crash guard.
My lovely P150 thrashed! :-(-ssa42007.jpg

UG3 headlight.
Name:  SSA42012.JPG
Views: 424
Size:  67.8 KB

The two screws where the digi meter sits.
My lovely P150 thrashed! :-(-ssa42017.jpg

Grab bar. You can see that there is more gap b/w the seat and the cowl.
My lovely P150 thrashed! :-(-ssa42015.jpg

My lovely P150 thrashed! :-(-ssa42014.jpg

congrats on getting the 150 fixed. Any thoughts of selling it away? Or are you ok with the thought of riding around a crashed bike?

Hope your buddy pays the difference amout from insurance comp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 843819)
congrats on getting the 150 fixed. Any thoughts of selling it away? Or are you ok with the thought of riding around a crashed bike?

Hope your buddy pays the difference amout from insurance comp.

There is no way I'm going to sell my bike!! I'm happy with riding the bike as it is now, I'm not facing any problems.

Hey guys, is Holder Step LH another name for the saree guard? The reason I ask is that it is mentioned in the bill but it has not been replaced on the bike. Price mentioned is Rs. 450. I just need to confirm about it before I approach the service manager.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyper123 (Post 844830)
Hey guys, is Holder Step LH another name for the saree guard?

Nope. Its not the same. Its a side step (foot rest) for ladies to rest their feet on while sitting sideways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 844835)
Nope. Its not the same. Its a side step (foot rest) for ladies to rest their feet on while sitting sideways.

Umm, but then the saree guard and the side step is a single piece, without any joints in between. So that means the saree guard itself right?

The bike was not much crashed really if you see.

That said, BAL taking two weeks in Bangalore for ultra common items like tank/legguard/headlight. And I thought getting a p180 DTSiv2 camshaft was annoying enough. Ahem - We need to re-appraise fiat service :D - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...akdown-10.html was superb in comparison :D

Dude. That is some serious damage to your bike. Must appreciate you for riding her back home in that condition. Hope it gets fixed soon. :)

Oops. sorry:. I din't see the last few posts. Great that your bike is fixed. Enjoy her and take good care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 844941)
The bike was not much crashed really if you see.

That said, BAL taking two weeks in Bangalore for ultra common items like tank/legguard/headlight. And I thought getting a p180 DTSiv2 camshaft was annoying enough. Ahem - We need to re-appraise fiat service :D - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...akdown-10.html was superb in comparison :D

Yeah, BAL really need to do something about it. The guy at the service station was cribbing too, saying that they have received parts worth 7,000 when they ordered for parts worth 70,000. BTW, I am yet to get the new handle bar. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by swift8847 (Post 844986)
Dude. That is some serious damage to your bike. Must appreciate you for riding her back home in that condition. Hope it gets fixed soon. :)

Oops. sorry:. I din't see the last few posts. Great that your bike is fixed. Enjoy her and take good care.

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Finally, the handle bar has been replaced. Total amount was Rs. 11,415. Got a bill for the same. Last Friday, went to Bajaj Allianz office, off JC road, submitted the bill and the replaced parts. I got a message from them the same day -

"The assessed amount is Rs.8001.06 and depreciation Rs. 2603.11, excess Rs.50, Salvage Rs.0 . Consumables, wear and tear parts are excluded."

Does this mean that they will pay me back Rs.8001 or Rs. 5400??

Well it look like the parts that are going to cost you is definitely the light cluster. But if you are patient enough you can scavenge for the same part in a "gujlee" where you can find the same stuff for half the price. But those forks. They will cost you 400 to 800 bucks.

I received two messages from them saying that cheques are being prepared for Rs. 561 and Rs. 7438. I wonder why two?!

After about two weeks, I got a cheque for Rs. 8000 from the insurance company. So, I paid about Rs. 3400 from my side for the repairs. Must say that the experience with Bajaj Allianz was pretty hassle-free.