Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2008, 21:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsingh007 View Post
Should I change the tvs shod rubber instantly to maybe MRF Zappers. Also when will Apache fi be launched
Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
RTR - RTR is the bike you should consider. If you can wait a bit, RTR Fi will be coming soon...hopefully!
rahulsingh007 & manish7 as far as I know the RTR Fi is already out with the air scoops on the fuel tank . Atleast in Chennai . The EFi is yet to be launched though . The Fi is already launched . I'd advise you to go for the Fi . But if you can stretch your budget to about 1.1-1.25 lakhs and can wait somewhere till July / August go for the R15 . But considering your height the RTR is the best option . Gives you good mileage . And if you can wait for the RTR EFi you'll be able to get the Rear Disc Brake as well . So you can count on the RTR for 100% and there will be no LCD malfunction as in the Pulsar . It'd be better to wait for the EFi . You'll be getting more than what you expect in a 160cc engine based bike . For example consider the Pulsar 180 and the yet to come RTR EFi .

Here's the comparison :

Pulsar 180 RTR 160 EFi
180cc engine 160cc engine
LCD Display LCD Display
Tacho Tacho
Digital Twin Spark Ignition Electronic Fuel Injection
Rear Gas Shox Rear Gas Shox
Front Disc Brake Front Disc Brake
Rear Drum Brake Rear Disc Brake

So its upto you . Take a wise decision and keep us updated .
cheers:
Old 1st June 2008, 21:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
rahulsingh007 & manish7 as far as I know the RTR Fi is already out with the air scoops on the fuel tank.
cheers:
AFAIK, there is only fuel injected Apache from TVS and it has not been launched yet, atleast not in bangalore. The eFi and Fi are the same. eFi stands for electronic fuel injection (how else can you implement fuel injection?). The bikes that I have seen with the air scoops were carburetted.
Old 1st June 2008, 21:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
AFAIK, there is only fuel injected Apache from TVS and it has not been launched yet, atleast not in bangalore. The eFi and Fi are the same. eFi stands for electronic fuel injection (how else can you implement fuel injection?). The bikes that I have seen with the air scoops were carburetted.
I asked some guys who owned this RTR with Air Scoops and Half-Chain Cover. Those guys said that it was Fi .Correct me if I am wrong guys .
Old 1st June 2008, 22:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

My friend bought the new RTR (in red), with the tank airscoop & half chain cover, last month. And he's planning to get the eFi sticker cut and stick it on his bike. When i asked why he said he wants the public to think of it as an efi bike

So i'm not really surprised by the answers you got from the airscooped RTR owners!

Even though i had recommended the RTR I would like to add here that the engine is pretty rough in the 50-60 kmph range and vibes get stronger as the speed increases. Around 50 to 60kmph the vibes that come through the pillion footrests are so bad that it starts tingling your feet.

I don't know if it is a case only with his machine. I haven't ridden any other RTR.

Last edited by Sankar : 1st June 2008 at 22:09.
Old 1st June 2008, 22:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
My friend bought the new RTR (in red), with the tank airscoop & half chain cover, last month.

And he's planning to get the eFi sticker cut and stick it on his bike. When i asked why he said he wants the public to think of it as an efi bike

So i'm not really surprised by the answers you got from the airscooped RTR owners!

I would like to add that the engine is pretty rough in the 50-60 kmph speed and vibes get stronger as the speed increases. In the 50-60kmph speed the vibes that come through the pillion footrests are so bad that it starts tingling your feet.

I don't know if it is a case only with his machine.
Man for a change what i've said is wrong . . So the question is the Fi out or not ?? I'm really confused and sorry if it misguided anyone .
Old 2nd June 2008, 09:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

[quote=rahulsingh007;848731]EDIT: I use the vehicle about 8-10 kms daily,
Need a eyecatching bike,,,,love lots of attention,

If you want a bike which solely for seeking attention then buy a phoren super bike
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:43   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

If i was in your shoes, i would have gone for P200 straight away. Its a brillant bike and give you that macho look that you are craving for ( i am just guessing ) and this bike in blue is mind blowing. But, if practicality comes into picture you won't do too bad for yourself with a yellow RTR
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:48   #23
knp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Man for a change what i've said is wrong . . So the question is the Fi out or not ?? I'm really confused and sorry if it misguided anyone .
FI is not yet launched in Bangalore, as far as I know.
The latest one in Bangalore is called RTR Refresh, where it has few additional features to the LCD.
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:40   #24
BHPian

The FI is not launched. There is only one variant of Apache in the market; that is the carburated one. The FI launch is getting delayed, and not sure wen it will happen.
Old 6th June 2008, 16:19   #25
BHPian

Ok Final Call

Ok now i am going to finally buy a bike on wednesday ie 11 june 2008
give me guidance to which to buy.
I live in north india ie . Punjab tell me which one to finally go for from APACHE 160 OR PULSAR 180
Need good resale value, and small flickable bike.
Also gurus tell me the approximate price I would get after using the bike for 2 years
Old 6th June 2008, 22:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Go for Apache, it is the best bike in its class.
Old 7th June 2008, 21:15   #27
BHPian

Dude why don't you go for the RTR Fi It'll be good with nice new features.
Old 11th October 2008, 23:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsingh007 View Post
Ok now i am going to finally buy a bike on wednesday ie 11 june 2008
give me guidance to which to buy.
I live in north india ie . Punjab tell me which one to finally go for from APACHE 160 OR PULSAR 180
Need good resale value, and small flickable bike.
Also gurus tell me the approximate price I would get after using the bike for 2 years
i think pulsar 200 or 180 should be a better choice. if you are tall and well built then apache is no choice. pulsar 200 is an extremely well built bike and the riding experience is awesome.go for the pulsar in my view

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks