Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2006, 13:35   #16
BHPian

Try n get your hands on Oil based Uni filters. They are the best, cost abt 1000 bucks, better portection than stock filter, and freer flowing than K&N. K&N is useless on our bikes.
Old 21st February 2006, 20:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

why do you say K&N are useless or indian bikes ?? in what way are the oil based filters better ?? whats the difference between the two.once i fit the oil based filter what change will i be seeing (similar to a K&N ) what about difference in sound ??

Rev
Old 21st February 2006, 21:44   #18
BHPian

K&N are inferior to UNIs cos UNIs are far more freer flowin, as I said before, and they are far more efficient in trapping dust. Check out RDDreams.com for more info.
Old 22nd March 2006, 03:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave12r
K&N are inferior to UNIs cos UNIs are far more freer flowin, as I said before, and they are far more efficient in trapping dust. Check out RDDreams.com for more info.
Hey Powerslave12r,
How much do these UNI's Cost, And what all needs to be done to the bike???
I have heard about these UNI filters, My Mechanic was cribbing as soon he came to know that i bought a K&N, he also recommends UNI. Where can i get in bangalore?
Old 7th March 2012, 10:47   #20

Re: Jetting For My Pulsar 150

Hi , I own a Pulsar 150 DTSi UGI model from 2004 , I have changed the original carb with a carb model(which has choke lever inbuilt on carb) which was a refurbished part right out of a sold P150 model . As the factory original one lasted for 6yrs without much glitches except the A/F screw not moving . The present part is fine but some times it gives black fumes on revving very high . I have visited the local mechanic , he washed the carb and adjusted , but the black fumes are problem to see like a Turbo whoosh from turbo diesel engine .

I have an query that can we increase / swap the carb with new 180 cc's carb ,
will there be any effect in combustion ,
any drop in average (I get 40-45kmpl)
will the bike run smoother , economical ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks