Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2005, 15:43   #1
BHPian

Jetting For My Pulsar 150

Need an advise and help too........

I am interested in getting my bike carb jetted or what you normally call as jetting.
1:> How much would it cost?
2:>What would be the affect on the fuel economy.My bike delivers an average of 50+ as of now.
3:>Would it benefit on the pickup side and also will the bike sound sweeter after that.

Please help me out.

Also where can this be got done from any contact number if provided will be useful for me.

Nikibusa.
Old 26th February 2005, 00:41   #2

1) k&n is arnd 2500bks.... u need to increase the air intake as well... only jettin wont help. k&n filters are the best.
2) jet screw - some 25bks or so....
3) a good mechanic - which am sure who. try fariyas in town.

the bike does sound deep after changing the air filter... and yea... expect a drop in mileage... and a significant increase in pick-up.

rest is all fun!

peace.
Old 26th February 2005, 10:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

K&N filter costs exactly 1900 bucks . It will improve ur bike sound and slight increase in pick up and top speed
Old 20th February 2006, 02:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

what makes more sence
1) buying a 180 dtsi and adding a thicker rear tyre and lose out a little on mileage which will be 35-38 and probably decrease acceleration.

2) buying a 150 dtsi adding a thicker tyre which will reduce mileage to about 45-48 but at the same time putting a K&N filter which will enhance the performance.

the question here is which will feel more powerful and handle better the 180 dtsi with JUST the thicker tyre or the 150 dtsi with the thicker tyre AND the filter ??

Rev
Old 20th February 2006, 03:27   #5
BHPian

180 without any kind of doubt !!
Old 20th February 2006, 03:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

ok thanx.can you just tell me if its worth putting a K&N on a bike ?? does it bring about a noticible change or is it almost negligible.

rev
Old 20th February 2006, 06:00   #7
BHPian

in my pulsar i've fixed k&N airfilter .. i paid 1800 for air fiter and 200 for jetting mailage droped by 3 km/l
Old 20th February 2006, 13:23   #8

The k&N Filter , RC1060, increase ur jet size by 5 or 10. Generally u have to jet ur carbs so that ur bike wont run on a lean mixture. jetting ur carb is needed also so that u can get maximum performance of ur bike, N yeah the sound is really good. Need more pickup or topspeed or any other mods? do reply back
Old 20th February 2006, 13:34   #9
Tom
BHPian

read up on 'plug chop'
Old 20th February 2006, 16:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

what exactly does "jet your carb " mean.how is it done and what effect does it have both good and bad.

rev
Old 20th February 2006, 21:37   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
what exactly does "jet your carb " mean.how is it done and what effect does it have both good and bad.

rev
WEll its means, Increase the jet size in ur carburator, in other means it will increase the fuel flow to ur carb, where when fitting a k&n air filter, the bike doesn run on lean mixture. i dunno whts the original size of pulsars jets, make sure that u increase the jet size by 5 or 10, depends. The effect is really good as u get more pickup n better accrelation, n also a slight increase of ur top end.
Old 20th February 2006, 23:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

so how would the 150 with a K&N filter and increased jets perform as agains the 180.im not looking out for the same performance but will it be noticbly greater than a stock 150 ??

rev
Old 21st February 2006, 00:18   #13
BHPian

Quote:
so how would the 150 with a K&N filter and increased jets perform as agains the 180.im not looking out for the same performance but will it be noticbly greater than a stock 150 ??

rev
Actually a K&N with bigger jets will only make you bike feel peppier. It does not increase power. Against a stock bike with no free flow filter and no jetting, the bike would be more responsive. It would have better initial pick up. So trying to compare a jetted 150 to a stock 180 does not make sense.
Old 21st February 2006, 00:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

just as i thought...thanx a lot cockroach.and what about the sound ?? will there be a difference in sound with the filter ?
one more thin one of the features of a K&N is to increase mileage(thats not the reason im interested in getting it ) but if you inc the jet size wont that do exactly the opposite.because by increasing the jet size arent you allowing more fuel to go to the engine ?

rev
Old 21st February 2006, 11:40   #15

Quote:
just as i thought...thanx a lot cockroach.and what about the sound ?? will there be a difference in sound with the filter ?
one more thin one of the features of a K&N is to increase mileage(thats not the reason im interested in getting it ) but if you inc the jet size wont that do exactly the opposite.because by increasing the jet size arent you allowing more fuel to go to the engine ?

rev
Yeah the sound is really good. N also fitting a K&N filter doesnt increase ur mileage, after fitting a bigger jets to da bike, ur mileage decreses by 2 to 5 th most. N yes allowing more fuel to engine give u more intial pick up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks