Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Please check the wire corresponding to the fuse. Chances are that the wire has spliced and is shorting somewhere with metallic parts.

Spike
Old 2nd July 2010, 15:18   #17
BHPian

Thanks yaar, but if the wire is shorting won't the fuse itself blow?All electricals are working fine.
Old 2nd July 2010, 15:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Fuse is placed before it reaches the load area, if the wire leading to the load area shorts (leading to low resistance) this causes the current in the circuit to exceed the specified limits resulting in a blown fuse. I faced a similar problem when one of my test vehicles fuse (20 A IIRC) was going kaput continuously resulting in vehicle not cranking. On diagnosis it was found that the wiring harness leading to the ignition switch in steering column was spliced and shorting with the metal area in the steering column. Please get your vehicle checked through a competent electrician.

Spike
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:14   #19
BANNED

Spike you are the the first post on the thread.

zoom has a newer issue.

Bike not starting atall.

zoom, checked the spark plug is it sparking? (lol cant remember the right word)
Old 6th July 2010, 13:50   #20
BHPian

Hey guys, got the problem rectified this weekend.
It was spark plug that had shorted. The mechanic says that the valves have worn out, so the plug is shorting.
Anybody has any idea about this.
As per him the repair costs would be Rs 800.

Please advise.
Old 6th July 2010, 16:20   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
...It was spark plug that had shorted. The mechanic says that the valves have worn out, so the plug is shorting.

No idea how those two are even related?!

What i would do :

Remove the spark-plug. Re-attach the lead onto it after its been unscrewed from the engine block.

Ground the side of the spark-plug against the engine firmly (do not touch the plug, hold it by the plastic/rubber cap on the lead), and then kick the bike.

See if it sparks nicely or not.

-----------

Alternately, just put in a new sparkplug and try, or try the same as above with a new plug and see if it sparks.

cya
R
Old 17th October 2011, 13:44   #22
BHPian

Re: Bullet fuses blows as soon as i turn the ignition on.

Really don't want to start a new thread, so bumping on to a old thread to get some advise on a problem.
Not sure if the title actually suits my problem, anyways ..

I had got my CI STD 350 transported in train to BLR and the bike was in halt for around three days without any run.

Before the bike was boarded in train, it did not have any issues and recently serviced as well.

Once it reached Bangalore yesterday, i took delivery of it and it fired without any fuss in just few kicks after filling the tank.

I rode it home and was roaming around for sometime in the evening and except for a slow speed idling problem it did not have any other issue. Reached home back and tried to tune the idling by myself, it did not wok.when i started it, no fire. found that the battery is dead and no electrical were working. horns and lights gave some mild glow for sometime and totally off later .

Tried push starting and got it started somehow, stopped it after riding it for a km. now nothing works. not able to start it in anyway.

Cleaned the spark plug and checked the battery for any disconnected wire, no issues with it.
Battery should be less than a year old.

Before i take it to a mechanic, I need some advice on further things i should check by myself and make sure.

Last edited by BulZire : 17th October 2011 at 13:45.
Old 18th October 2011, 05:15   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Although the battery is only a year old, they sometimes die.

If you have a small battery charger connect it to the battery and charge it overnight.

If the next day the battery doesn't stay charged it has died and needs to be replaced.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 04:49   #24
BHPian

From what you have described, it seems like a battery problem. Since you were riding in the evening, Im guessing you had the lights on, which drained the battery and further more if you had not turned off the ignition while changing the carb settings. When you have a dull glow of the bulbs, turn the ignition off quickly or start the bike and turn off the lights so the battery charges. Looks like you have a good charging system as it does manage to charge the battery some and fire up the bike. Take it to a battery service guy and get it checked, probably during transit a lot of the battery acid would have spilt.
TuffRyder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks