Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 13:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Well said ragingbull. What colour is your Aviator, by the way?
It's the Rebel red metallic. I didn't post pictures cuz you have the same color.
My Aviator has also got few scratches on the front. It happened when it fell off the stand when i had parked it on an uneven surface.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:40   #17
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post

I wouldn't recommend the Aviator in that case. Her foot wouldn't touch the ground cuz the height of the scooter is higher than most of them.
Thanks for the comments and the differentiators. Will weigh my options now that Aviator is out of the list.

BTW, contrats on your Aviator too!
Old 10th June 2009, 16:35   #18
BHPian

I have purchased Honda Aviator scooter last novemeber(2008) and since then I have no problems at all.
The scooter ,because of its hight behaves like a bike.
The brakes are better than Activa (which I have had since 2002).
But if you look at sales figures you would notice that Activa sells far higher in numbers than Aviator. Customers can not go wrong.
The reason is that Aviator is not comfortable for pillion rider,
pillian rider would be slipping forwards towards the rider and this is not suitable if the pillion rider is not your wife or friend.
Women who are middle aged and heavy or little bit fatty also find this most
uncomfortable.
Honda Aviator is good for college kids.
Though there is a red button with which you can start the engine, it should not be used first time in the morning. It should be kick started for the first time in the day,
before kick starting, you have to position the scooter properly, stand just along the back seat and give a sweeping kick to start , it will start instantly.

My Activa purchased in 2003 july, (that is 6 years ago) has been used by my daughter and nearly run 40km per day avarage , never it gave any problem at all.
several years after it started vibrating a lot, and show room service people only changed the battery ( a new battery was fixed) , that was only time I was a little bit worried.
When I ride it recently I found that only brakes were not good and that was the only problem I found after all these 6 years.
The service for Honda scooters in Hyderabad is extremely bad.
We had to use influence to get it serviced properly !!
Since a long time we are giving it for servicing at castrol bike clinics in Hyderabad.
Honda show room people simply do not seem to care the customers or unable to cope up with the number of customers.
In November last , sales dept. fellow told me on phone to come and collect the scooter and I paid the cash at counter to wait until 3.00pm !!! since morning 9:30 .
Every time I enquire he would say just in another half an hour or another 15 minutes and so on.
At one time the scooter came back after servicing without being washed !!
It was hard to belive that if at all it was serviced ?
Old 10th June 2009, 17:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

what I dont understand is that Honda has given their old engine for their premium Aviator and the new engine for the cheaper Activa.
Old 19th July 2009, 11:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
what I dont understand is that Honda has given their old engine for their premium Aviator and the new engine for the cheaper Activa.
Mpower The Activa is MORE expensive than the Aviator.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks