Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2008, 17:23   #16
Team-BHP Support

So, the rider clicked a picture with rpm console but edited it as it was redaing beyond the scales? How about having the original unedited picture?
Till then, its just one of those idle antics. Again this is purely my opinion, you may know better.

manson.
Old 15th August 2008, 17:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Veyron1 I am not doubting your claim and am sure the bike has been made capable of such speeds. The first pic is one which I cant really believe because the pic has been taken using the right hand (the reflection shows it clearly)and if a rider takes his right off the acclerator to click the photo he would be slowing down.
Old 15th August 2008, 19:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Frankly speaking I dont think its that big deal besides with the speedo errors that ZMA has the bike cant be doing true 160 even at indicated 180.

I have touched 144(on speedo) on my ZMA downhill with a heavy & broader rear tire(Pirelli Sport Demon)

So we would need more proof than this
Old 16th August 2008, 18:52   #19
BHPian

Measure the true speed through GPS or Speed gun and post the videos and snaps here. the fact is we have stopped believing the readings which the faalthoo analog meter shows

NOS where is it fitted can we have some pics please.
Old 16th August 2008, 19:44   #20
BHPian

Leaving the throttle even for 1sec when im at 140 drops the speed,For a guy to take the pic at 160/180 he should be above these speed

To reach140-145 on speedo,the guy must lean,If you sit upright you will losse speed as you would be causing resistance against the wind.Leave the throttle and sit upright you don't need to hit the brakes until 110-120.

Controlling the bike at 140 seems a challenge at times,it should be more 160/180,taking a pic needs some serious courage

In the pic posted the guy is upright,and it clicking the pic from the right hand hence its kinda tough to believe the pic.Gaining pickup is easier than gaining top speeds on a bike,never the less,a detailed list of mods would help,and so would the pic of the speed gun or a video from a car running side by side can help
Old 16th August 2008, 22:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure whats true what not if the photo is photshoped or just a broken Speedo showing up speeds on idle.

but what i know is that there used be a Karizma that was discussed on the xBhp.com : The Indian Biking Community that had some similar mods and it was said to be fast rest some one if may look at the other forum would be able to verify. i will do it personally but may not have enough time.
thanks
Desi D
Old 17th August 2008, 00:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
In the pic posted the guy is upright,and it clicking the pic from the right hand hence its kinda tough to believe the pic.
hmmm nice !! you are making me to think !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep
but what i know is that there used be a Karizma that was discussed on the xBhp.com : The Indian Biking Community that had some similar mods and it was said to be fast rest some one if may look at the other forum would be able to verify.
hi please check whether you were trying to mean this ?
Karizma power mods - xBhp

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 17th August 2008 at 00:30.
Old 17th August 2008, 01:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.S- Can anybody see the pic being taken with the right hand? I can't. Or is it just me..??
Was just gonna mention that when i saw your statement. It does look as if the pic was taken with the right hand. So this makes it even more diff for us to believe it as nobody trying to rec their top whack would come off the throttle and then take a pic.

I don't think there's any need to take this seriously, atleast until it has been proven using a performance device.

Shan2nu
Old 17th August 2008, 22:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Was just gonna mention that when i saw your statement. It does look as if the pic was taken with the right hand. So this makes it even more diff for us to believe it as nobody trying to rec their top whack would come off the throttle and then take a pic.

I don't think there's any need to take this seriously, atleast until it has been proven using a performance device.

Shan2nu
its difficult but not impossible.
theres an element of fear that creates a doubt when you are mature.

if the bike is tuned and in shape chassis to rubber it should not be a problem. we have taken pics at 250+ with pillion doing the photo, wind resistance, danger is all there but fear not (read my signature).

the pic taking is possible its now to know what are the engine mods that can make the zma achieve the indicated speed.
Old 17th August 2008, 22:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Afaik the fastest recorded top speed of a Karizma is 138kmph on the speed gun, the bike was done up by Venugopal. I'm not sure if that speed was improved by some one else or by the same bike later. Maybe Killer could confirm.
Old 18th August 2008, 09:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla View Post
we have taken pics at 250+ with pillion doing the photo, wind resistance, danger is all there but fear not (read my signature).

the pic taking is possible its now to know what are the engine mods that can make the zma achieve the indicated speed.
ISnt there a difference it taking pics in Bikes which are capable of speeds around 250 (Read SBK's) and a bike like the zma where genuine top end being 125-130 and pushing it till the claimed 160 kph with a single rider (presumed)? It surely puts a doubt on ones mind. But as you mentioned we need to have the details of engine modifications etc etc.
Old 18th August 2008, 11:17   #27
BHPian

I have seen videos of RXZs doing 180 on radar in Thailand, so with some huge mods it may be possible for the ZMAs too. But taking a pic at that speed?!
Old 18th August 2008, 11:54   #28
BHPian

It is impossible for me to believe the pic unless supported by the tachometer.
looks like a case of faulty speedo to me. Maybe the tacho would have taken a full circle back to around a 1000 rpm, thats why he doesnt want to post the tacho part. lolzzzzz
How can one ride a Zma at 180 and take pics sitting upright using his right hand.
I had gone on an outing with my friends to lonavla a couple of weeks back and we were riding double on P150 and unicorn total four of us.
I maxed around 95-100 on straight stretches and had tough time with keeping my head with the helmet in place. The cross winds were tossing my head.
even if we consider that he raced in virtually zero winds or even supporting wind even then the drag would have taken him for a toss.
Far too good to be true.
Old 18th August 2008, 13:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its difficult but not impossible.
theres an element of fear that creates a doubt when you are mature.

if the bike is tuned and in shape chassis to rubber it should not be a problem. we have taken pics at 250+ with pillion doing the photo, wind resistance, danger is all there but fear not (read my signature).

I wasn't even talking about the fear factor. Any vehicle doin it's top whack will lose considerable amount of speed the moment you come off the throttle. So for a biker to take a snap at close to 180 with the his right hand, should have been doing a higher speed when he came off the acc. So tech, it should be a 185-190kmph Zma!!!

Shan2nu
Old 18th August 2008, 13:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Enough said. What further proof do the mods need to shut this thread down?

Evidence has been so long in the tooth, it might as well have gone in a cavity
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks