Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 09:14   #16
BHPian

If the new bike is a significant upgrade, I am readying to sell my zma the day the new bike is launched.
Old 10th September 2008, 09:30   #17
BHPian

+1 , I am just waiting to upgrade from my 5 year old ZMA and hope this comes out with something better than stickers,

Its very difficult situation for ZMA owners to upgrade because the choice's they would have is
1) 220 (which they wont after being used to the refinement in the ZMA)
2) R15 (again an ugrade to a 150 cc from 223?)
3) Last option jump would be a bullet thuderbird, which is like a complete change of religion

Sign... Tough days.
Old 10th September 2008, 09:48   #18

I think HH will continue to be innovative, at least in the stickering part... can't wait to see the new facelift. Hope they keep their hands off the ancient engine!
Old 10th September 2008, 10:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
Aha! So I am not the only one who's all worked up about that ad! Yeah it looked ditto like the current yellow Zma R.
Anything to do with the Mtv Roadies? I 'd rather it was a Zma with a tweaked engine and fi!
Bingo! I also think its the new Mtv Roadies season add. Anyways lets kee our fingers crossed.
Old 10th September 2008, 11:18   #20
BANNED

Oh so its bike ad i was thinking that some movie ,
Lookwise theres no changes so muct be Fi model.But who cares the thing i am waiting for is Ninja 250.
Old 10th September 2008, 14:14   #21
BHPian

Guys give HH some credit. Remember the time when CBZ was launched (1999 nostalgia) it was one radical and sporty bike in the Indian market and it really took off from were Shogun had left.

They introduced this bike when the entire competition was focussing on fuel economy orinted bikes including Bajaj. HH was also the first Indian Vendor to release disc brakes. Bajaj woke up when it started seeing the sales of CBZ and then in 2002 they launched the Pulsar.

After that HH has ran out of steam in the perfomance market, they launched the ZMA which was really good but then 200 & 220 came up and took the market. Now HH needs to do what they did with CBZ way back in 1999.

With regards to the news; It seems only natural for HH to up the ante, as the 220 and R15 were eating into ZMA nos.

Any insiders from HH on teambhp? Please share some news.
Old 10th September 2008, 14:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Guys give HH some credit. Remember the time when CBZ was launched (1999 nostalgia) it was one radical and sporty bike in the Indian market and it really took off from were Shogun had left.

They introduced this bike when the entire competition was focussing on fuel economy orinted bikes including Bajaj. HH was also the first Indian Vendor to release disc brakes. Bajaj woke up when it started seeing the sales of CBZ and then in 2002 they launched the Pulsar.

After that HH has ran out of steam in the perfomance market, they launched the ZMA which was really good but then 200 & 220 came up and took the market. Now HH needs to do what they did with CBZ way back in 1999.

With regards to the news; It seems only natural for HH to up the ante, as the 220 and R15 were eating into ZMA nos.

Any insiders from HH on teambhp? Please share some news.
I do not think the sales of Zma dropped. If fact, the sales of Karizma increased in the last six months. I am seeing more Karizmas in the city now. It is also comfirmed by the dealers here in Hyderabad. There is tremendous increase in the numbers of Karizma in Hyderabad. The other day, I have gone to watch a movie in IMAX and when parked my Zma in the parking lot, there is a sea of Yellow in the parking lot. I counted the number of Zmas and the totoal is 47, out of which 23 are Yellow Zmas. So, saleswise, there is no problem for HH.
Old 10th September 2008, 15:17   #23
BHPian

Hmmm, that's new. I home Hero Honda comes with something good, if they have to stay in competition. they are loosing ground to yahama and bajaj on a huge margin these days. not to mention honda also
Old 10th September 2008, 15:51   #24
BHPian

As far as I can remember, it looked like a regular yellow Karizma with a big R on the fuel tank - So we cannot expect a sticker work this time (I hope)

I hope and pray it is a 22 BHP FI engine
Old 10th September 2008, 15:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Maybe the Yellow Karizma fell down from the copter and explodes into a fireball and a new one is resurrected from it's ashes... Karizma P (Phoenix)

Well i sincerely hope that if it's something new that's gonna come out it's mechanical bits and pieces would fit on my Karizma R (R for retard? lol )
Old 10th September 2008, 16:37   #26
BHPian

I doubt they have anything new in the Engine Front.

My guess is that it will either be a new Sticker Job or they Might....... they Might use their limited experience from the Glamour FI and fit in a lose fitting FI into the ZAM and price it around 1lac as they have seen that Yamaha R15 is doing reasonable well for a 150cc bike with pricing above 1lac.

U SEE THEY CAN AT LEAST MAKE MARGINS IF NOT NUMBERS.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

For all you know, the ad's got nothing to do with the Karizma.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:33   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I hope and pray it is a 22 BHP FI engine
22bhp?
Thats a figure that a fully modified karizma with a race cam, modified cylinder head, exhaust, high comp etc could barely reach. Infact it didnt really reach that figure.
And you are expecting that much from a long stroke 20yr old tech motor. I hope you are not dreaming.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:37   #29
BHPian

hehehehe.Well said mate.I have given up with Hero Honda totally.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Maybe the Yellow Karizma fell down from the copter and explodes into a fireball and a new one is resurrected from it's ashes... Karizma P (Phoenix)

Well i sincerely hope that if it's something new that's gonna come out it's mechanical bits and pieces would fit on my Karizma R (R for retard? lol )
that really would be a good one,

But i really am praying that its should not just be about that dumb and bitchy show Roadies. i would be devastated if that it is all about, i want a new bike badly, i would love to buy something nice like a Karizma but buying the current models does not work out for me. please HH read this thread act accordingly you still have 2 day :P
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks