Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 01:35   #1
BHPian

Best battery for Pulsar 150 DTSi ES

Hi All,
Its time I have to change the battery on my 2004 Pulsar 150 DTSi ES. The factory fitted Exide has run for close to 4 years now. I have heard Amaron have started manufacturing 2 wheeler batteries and have heard good reviewes about them.

Please suggest the best battery (maintanence free) for my bike and any reliable source in Bangalore I can pick it up from.
Old 12th September 2008, 10:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Amaron has launched two wheeler maintenance free batteries. Check it out.

Bosch is coming out with two wheeler batteries in couple of months time.
Old 12th September 2008, 10:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Don't bother with any expensive solutions.

Exide/Chloride power UPS 7AH battery. SMF solution in ~520 bucks incl VAT in end May 07.

Done some 24k since then. Never let me down. Leh and a bit of touring all thrown in. And I run an aux 60W fulltime as well.
Old 13th September 2008, 09:49   #4
BANNED

Go for Exide 9AH maintenance free battery(18 months warranty). Price is about 1200-1400.
Old 14th September 2008, 19:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Go for Exide 9AH maintenance free battery(18 months warranty). Price is about 1200-1400.
Finnaly got the Amaron AP-ATX9 for the Pulsar. Bought it for 1400rs. Has a 5 year warranty. Completely maintainence free.

Thank you all for the suggestion....
Old 14th September 2008, 20:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good choice, 5 years warranty is something! Price is not that high for a two wheeler 9Ah maintenance free batt.

But i wonder, a Bosch Silver Plus Esteem maintenance free battery costs around 3k max (don't know current price i bought it 3 years back for 2k something). Then why does a similar maintenance free two wheeler battery of only 9Ah costs almost half of the Bosch Silver Plus car battery?
Old 15th September 2008, 00:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Good choice, 5 years warranty is something! Price is not that high for a two wheeler 9Ah maintenance free batt.

But i wonder, a Bosch Silver Plus Esteem maintenance free battery costs around 3k max (don't know current price i bought it 3 years back for 2k something). Then why does a similar maintenance free two wheeler battery of only 9Ah costs almost half of the Bosch Silver Plus car battery?
Ya Sankar.. 3 years warranty is absolute peace of mind. Just fit the battery and forget about it.. I have read good reviews about the Amaron brand of batteries. I enquired about the Bosch batteries for 2 wheelers. Bosch only sells 4 wheeler batteries.. I guess the tech. is getting better in batteries.. the dealer alsoshowed me an Exide battery which is a not a maintainence free battery and offered only 1 year warranty and is only 200rs less than the Amaron i purchased. Come on.. 200 more and I get peace of mind
Old 15th September 2008, 13:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

You could've tried the UPS battery for 500 bucks and as much peace of mind
Old 16th September 2008, 00:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Finnaly got the Amaron AP-ATX9 for the Pulsar. Bought it for 1400rs. Has a 5 year warranty. Completely maintainence free.

Hi!! Dream!! thats a nice battery. I would've suggested you Amaron at first place.
Getting a 5 year warranty is really worth it bro. good-buy
Old 16th September 2008, 14:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post

Hi Dream, can you tell me from where did you buy the battery. I checked a couple of shops last weekend and couldn't get amaron anywhere.

Cheers,
- Jag
Old 16th September 2008, 17:06   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Hi Dream, can you tell me from where did you buy the battery. I checked a couple of shops last weekend and couldn't get amaron anywhere.

Cheers,
- Jag
Hey Jaguar, got the battery at a shop on Lalbagh Road. Going towards Urvashi theatre a shop before the signal on the left hand side. The signal is the one before MTR.
Old 16th September 2008, 17:24   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
can you tell me from where did you buy the battery. I checked a couple of shops last weekend and couldn't get amaron anywhere.

There is one on Rv road next to the petrol bunk near vijaya college and also in seshadripuram near aritel office parallel to the railway track.
Old 20th September 2008, 00:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

I have not had a good experience with Exide on my Shogun. The stock Amco Yuasa lasted me nearly 6 - 7 years or so... in spite of my sparce and erratic use. The new Exide started showing signs of ageing (charge running out) within just 2 years or so!

I'd seriously suggest avoiding Exide. Besides Amco, Amaron should be a better choice.
Old 11th October 2008, 21:35   #14
BHPian

even i use an amco 12v battery. though it has served me well for the last one year i really feel i should have gone for the amaron maintainence free battery. though amco has served its purpose pretty well i feel it is better than the exide battery i had before
Old 12th October 2008, 03:23   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
even i use an amco 12v battery. though it has served me well for the last one year i really feel i should have gone for the amaron maintainence free battery. though amco has served its purpose pretty well i feel it is better than the exide battery i had before
My personal experience. I have always found Exide batteries struggle after 1-2 years. Go for a maintainence free battery though it might cost you a couple of hundred ruppes more. In case of Amaron 5 years of warranty. The manufacturers know that the battery will last beyond 5 years. Bosch also should be coming out with 2 wheeler batteries soon, which I feel should be good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks