Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 16:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

It would be certainly nice to see this bike. I assume that this move is because R15 came in and ate the sales. The reason why people mostly bought Karizma is
1)
Better After Sales and Serivce ( A.S & S. ) than Bajaj.

2)
Better image of the bike as compared to Bajaj ( upto 200 cc ).

3)
Lower waiting period as compared to Bajaj Pulsar 220, or we can say better availability.

However, when the R15 came, it had handling and chassis dynamics better than Karizma, FE was more or less the same, etc and more over it also has image as to many people, Yamaha is still that explosive RX100 and RX135.

This move is surely in the right direction. But will this be ever executed ?
Hero Honda is now promising things for quite sometime now and specially Karizma. I heard of this new bike two years ago. Still what came out was sticker job.

And they are mostly going to have tough competetion from Yamaha.
Hero Honda, if at all a new Karizma is coming, then it has to come NOW, or else, it will again go the way CBZ-Extreme went.
Old 24th September 2008, 17:08   #17
BHPian

I heard the same as well,some thing substancial is lined up,the mech's were sent for training for a new bike awaited for a launch,may be this time it might happen, competition is growing and the sales of r15 has indicated people are waiting for good bikes and are ready to pay the price for it.
Old 24th September 2008, 17:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am not going to believe this news till i actually see some scoop pics or confirmed news. Hero Honda has been crying wolf for too long for me to pay attention.
Old 24th September 2008, 17:57   #19
BHPian

The source of the news is BikeIndia, a fast growing two-wheeler magazine. Depends on how much we trust their content. If we feel, they have been giving fair information in the past, then this news could be true.

However, Hero Honda has the real answers to the questions bikers have been asking of them for more than two years now. Me thinks, the news could be right as it coincides with their 25th anniversary celebrations.

OT: Is Hero Honda that old? I thought the first bike they produced was the CD 100 and the was early 90's. Maybe I am uneducated on this front
Old 24th September 2008, 17:59   #20
BHPian

I will believe it when I see it.
Old 24th September 2008, 20:18   #21
BHPian

What better way to launch the bike than its 25th Anniversary? What did they do to celebrate their 25th Anniversary? Launch an ad with Hrithik and Priyanka Chopra! Excellent way to celebrate - Not a single launch or a facelift.

I really thought they'd do something to the Karizma when I saw the teaser ads.

Anyway, as most of the people said earlier, I'll believe it only when I see it!

HH sucks big time (especially, of late!)
Old 24th September 2008, 22:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Going by the brains behind their bike names, it might most probably be called one of these..Kareena / Bipasha / Agony / Ecstasy / Disappointment / Happiness etc.

Hehe! I have my money on Karizma ++
Old 24th September 2008, 22:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Behold, Karizma X! X for Xtasi! :rofl:
Old 25th September 2008, 11:28   #24
BHPian

Please suspend the thread for hoax calls. Until the mighty HH comes back with something, it's all speculations. Even automags like BikeIndia can be speculative.
Old 25th September 2008, 11:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Please suspend the thread for hoax calls. Until the mighty HH comes back with something, it's all speculations. Even automags like BikeIndia can be speculative.
I agree. I started the thread because there was some news that appeared on a Bike magazine website. Though, there is no concrete evidence of this news. We can suspend this thread for now and revisit at a time when a scoop is available or when HH come out in the open about it.

Mods, please dont close the thread at this point in time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks