Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 11:46   #91
Senior - BHPian

well I thought mentioning power 1 full synth was enough :-) point noted.
Old 18th November 2008, 22:08   #92

hey everyone. i bought an RTR carbed version say some 4 months back. done some 3k kms. mostly been commuting, one long ride. however i noticed after this one long ride that oil was leaking from top-front of the engine. tats where the cam cover is i believe. now i did go get this fixed up at ramkay tvs centre, adyar. bt soon after i noticed it's leaking oil again. n it seems to happen only when the bike crosses 5-6k rpm. i've been to the service centre 2wce with the same prob. collected the bike yesterday. waited for the engine to warm up, n let her rip. and again the damn thing is leaking. this is absolute ****, n very frustrating. can anybody here tell me what exactly is the problem?? joel i hope u can help me out with this bro. i really love the RTR, its been run-in real nice n revs smoothly.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff :Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Also Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th November 2008 at 12:23. Reason: see note in post
Old 19th November 2008, 10:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

tappet cover leaking I guess. get it opened, cleaned, coat of 3 bond on the edges and get it fitted back. shopuld stop the leak.
Old 19th November 2008, 15:50   #94

hey thanks sunny.. by the way has anybody else been facing this problem?
Old 24th November 2008, 12:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

FUn on Twisties

Took the RTR to Lavasa.

The bike is brilliant at curves & takes corners effortlessly, the brakes help a lot & the rubber ain't that bad as I had heard

One of riders(captain Nandu CHitnis) wanted to shoot some pan shots on curves. After looking at these pics I realised that I have a long way to go on taking curves

Here are a few pics :-)

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-big.jpg

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-7-i-like-sharp-focus-here.jpg

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-5.jpg

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-9.jpg

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-8.jpg
Old 24th November 2008, 14:43   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

@Technocrat: Great pics there.

An update with the mileage and kms done is more than welcome.
Old 24th November 2008, 15:31   #97
Senior - BHPian

Filled fuel worth 500 & 400 two times mileage was 41.8 & 41.6 kpl respectively & in yesterday's ghat run I am expecting it to drop further thanks to constant high speed ripping

So far done 16xxx kms. Will be changing oil at coming weekend(Mostly Power 1 non-synthetic)
Old 24th November 2008, 15:58   #98
Senior - BHPian

^^ :O
I really hope thats a typo or have you really done 16xxx kms???

Cool pics at Lavasa man!
Btw, do invest in Knee guards!

Last edited by praful : 24th November 2008 at 16:00.
Old 24th November 2008, 16:55   #99
Senior - BHPian

Whoops yes its 16xx

Yeah man need to buy a good pair of knee guards
Old 25th November 2008, 13:02   #100
Senior - BHPian

Guys after the Lavasa run I heard some metal vibration sound from bike at resonance frequency. I earlier thought it must be from Heat shield on silencer but then found it tightly fitted. It seems like its coming from somewhere around belly pan,

Any idea what metal parts around that area could be causing this?

p.s. After this run the 0-60 counter shows 4.5 seconds
Old 25th November 2008, 13:12   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvductan999 View Post
hey thanks sunny.. by the way has anybody else been facing this problem?

Same here bro(see my thread).But the difference is mine's a Fiero F2. Got it checked at Zen TVS, they applied some white paste around the engine opening. But after 2 weeks or so the oil leaked. Don't know what's the solution to this! Any help would be good.

Ramki.
Old 26th November 2008, 13:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

Alright Ifigured out that the mettalic sound was due to the loose nut on Shield on silencer the squared section in the pic below

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-loose_nut.jpg
Old 26th November 2008, 15:02   #103
Senior - BHPian

There is nothing wrong in doing hard cornering in a bike. But from the pictures I think that the foot pegs and stand were too close to touching the road. If this happens then you will lose control over bike and a high speed slip. It has happened with me and my left knee was badly damaged.
Although this happened on another bike ( friend's splendor ) , but the results were not good at all. Yes there is protective gear ( I had none except helmet ), but still damage to body can happen. The chassis can be good and those box section swingarms reduce longitudinal flex, but other components are not designed to take these tolerances.
Also the side stand can get caught in any small irregularity of the road/track and that will be sufficient to give a major loss of balance.

Also, isn't it dangerous to use any oil other than the mineral oil as both gearbox and engine lubrication is from the same oil ?

Last edited by aaggoswami : 26th November 2008 at 15:09. Reason: Add more.
Old 26th November 2008, 15:26   #104
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your concern aaggoswami, I really appreciate that

These pics were taken after repeat runs on the same curve so I gradually pushed the bike & not randomly, The side stand it quite high there are other things which will touch before, also I usually keep my toe a bit lower so that the movement it touches the road I know I have reached my limit :-)

I would be shifting to semi synthetic oil (Power 1) I dont know the technicalities but I used it on my previous bikes & had good results
Old 26th November 2008, 15:46   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post

1) Thanks for your concern aaggoswami, I really appreciate that

2) I would be shifting to semi synthetic oil (Power 1) I dont know the technicalities but I used it on my previous bikes & had good results
1) Thanks.

2) What was/is the cost of that. I dont want to use Idemitsu oil from Savita Chemicals in my bike that is being used by dealer. I want to change to castrol, but dont know how this will behave in Zeus.

Looking forward to review of this oil.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks