Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2015, 23:18   #1351
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please

Couple of pics of my Desert Storm taken in Tapola last sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc02530.jpg  

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc02531.jpg  

//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 00:32   #1352
BHPian

Man that's very daring of you. How deep was the water on sides?
Old 8th January 2015, 09:42   #1353
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Man that's very daring of you. How deep was the water on sides?
It was deep, but on the other side there was a huge concrete path so it was actually on land. The angle makes it look as if it is parked somewhere in deep waters.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 16:39   #1354
BHPian

Clicked few days back while riding aimlessly near my place .

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-wp_20150111_15_26_15_pro.jpg

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-wp_20150111_15_26_25_pro.jpg
basuroy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 16:18   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Clicked few days back while riding aimlessly near my place
That looks amazing man.Love the look,damn classy.

Looks slammed on the whole,did you have to chop anything off?Also could you give me some details on that nacelle up front.

Btw I've got that same taillamp,it died in less than a month,no one here has dual filament bulbs in that size.I ordered a really nice lucas from the states too,unfortunately that seems to have been lost in transit.

Regards

BOV
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:41   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
That looks amazing man.Love the look,damn classy.

Looks slammed on the whole,did you have to chop anything off?Also could you give me some details on that nacelle up front.

Btw I've got that same taillamp,it died in less than a month,no one here has dual filament bulbs in that size.I ordered a really nice lucas from the states too,unfortunately that seems to have been lost in transit.

Regards

BOV
Thank you , this is my first bike purchased oct '13 . The model is '86 manufactured , ex navy disposal vehicle . The modification was done throughout the month of december that year .

The works involved -
Yes the suspension chopped off by an inch and a half both at front and back . The execution was not good but acceptable , the old suspensions were very bad anyways so nothing to lose even if they became worse was my reasoning . An aesthetic modification , doesn't serves any practical purpose otherwise but no drastic change in handling etc .
The original British enfield had slammed suspension too , I don't have the accurate scales but it is apparent in pictures . Also vague history blogs suggest the bike was jacked up when it was exported to India for bad roads here , the original bucket fender at the rear as well as those wide and deep seated front fenders were redesigned keeping in mind the muddy condition of India .

The front nacelle is modelled after the original bullets that were manufactured at England . This of course a replica cast iron job executed by one of the many delhi traders who specialize in that( I will happily share cost , seller etc detail if you wish ) . The fit is good , the finish not so much . Being an '86 bike , this is not period specific and not an accurate representation but I was not aiming for that , just wanted something different and play around a bit . I also have the original nacelle that I got painted if I ever feel like reverting back .
The nacelle also came with a replica lucas meter in MPH . Surprisingly the readings are more or less correct - both odo as well as speedo .

The rear mudguard is the circular type instead of bucket .

The handle bar fitment are different and again replica items of original enfield like the horn and the levers/grips etc. The execution/finish of these parts are poor .

When I placed order for the tail lamp , I didn't realize it will be so small . I don't really like it and my bulb has gone kaput to within a month or two , the original bulb was double filament (one for tail lamp , one for brake lamp ). Now a single filament bulb is there just for brakes ( I don't ride at night anyways ).
The tail lamp is something I wish to change but I keep procrastinating . The difficult seller negotiation plays a part , if it was as easy as ordering from flipkart , would have done that a year back .

I also purchased a 10ltr slim tank , something that will look in place on a bobber or cafe racer build. I don't like cafe racer theme , I like bobber but practicality ruled out chopping the fenders etc .

This is on a whole is built for aesthetic purpose and something that I wished to do and had in mind when I made the purchase, good for rides near my house but I won't trust myself to ride this bike long distance (as in even 100km ). The bike is old and sadly not in very good shape , it starts everyday but power output is not that good . This bike cost me 40k and another 37k for mods ( I overpayed almost everywhere ) . It lacks indicators etc and those are major limitation, however my rides on this bike are limited to the open traffic roads of the sprawling cantonment area so no issues . There are billet aluminium indicators that will go nicely with the looks but they cost 5-7k ( also targetted at harley crowd) . Will purchase them If I take the bike with me when I relocate .

Last edited by basuroy : 22nd January 2015 at 18:46.
Old 22nd January 2015, 20:53   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Thank you , this is my first bike purchased oct '13
Well,it hits the right note with me anyway

Yeah even I was surprised that it was so tiny.Being in India we have a serious shortage of quality custom parts I'd say.I'll pm you some of my queries,Wouldn't want to drag on in this thread.

Regards

BOV
B O V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 14:14   #1358
BHPian

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-psx_20140530_095104.jpg

This is my 2006 Royal Enfield Bullet 350 STD CI.

This bike is 100% stock when I took the pic but now I've installed a short bottle free low exhaust. I am planning on getting bigger carb jets and a pod filter.

It has done 22k km after its first rebore now running on 1st over size piston
Old 13th February 2015, 20:13   #1359
BHPian

@ basuroy, your bike has a pleasant look, may be its the light colours which takes away the boring seriousness of usual dark shades. Imho, 60's type fenders - ones with a central rib would further enhance the looks.
Please share the source & tell us how good those front fork alloy top clamp & headlamp is. I've always liked these & the cycle hubs but worried if they are dependable, being from aftermarket vendors. i'd be glad if these are engineered to be safe as originals.

& Mr.O, good to see a late model CI in stock form. The short bottle silencer- if with baffles inside is a good addition.
Btw, what type of oil ring does the over size piston have? the newer 3-part type or the old slotted single type?

cheers.,

Last edited by Rennjit : 13th February 2015 at 20:38. Reason: ;-)
Old 13th February 2015, 23:18   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post

& Mr.O, good to see a late model CI in stock form. The short bottle silencer- if with baffles inside is a good addition.
Btw, what type of oil ring does the over size piston have? the newer 3-part type or the old slotted single type?

cheers.,
Thanks a lot Rennjit, The reason why I chose a free flow short bottle is because I couldn't find a good short bottle with baffle that fits my bend pipe at that time. Though the free flow sounds better than stock, I am not exactly happy with that sound. It is kinda loud and lacks that "thump".

I am not sure about the oil rings. I will check that with my mechanic and get back you
Old 14th February 2015, 12:28   #1361
BHPian

A pic of 'Bhutubhutu', our Bull.
RE Classic 350 '14
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-10268610_10204827781685523_1621099292842450944_n.jpg  

petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 15:34   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
@ basuroy, your bike has a pleasant look, may be its the light colours which takes away the boring seriousness of usual dark shades. Imho, 60's type fenders - ones with a central rib would further enhance the looks.
Please share the source & tell us how good those front fork alloy top clamp & headlamp is. I've always liked these & the cycle hubs but worried if they are dependable, being from aftermarket vendors. i'd be glad if these are engineered to be safe as originals.

Thank you and I agree the old ribbed fender would have been a better option . Actually it was something that both me and the mechanic missed out on during the paint process and as such had to stick to this fender .

I purchased all the aftermarket parts from a Delhi based vendor - royalenfieldzone (they operate their own website ). Almost every part is overpriced and average quality at best . The alloy clamp on appearance looks sturdy though I doubt it is . One of the holes where the fork needs to be clamped is skewered so that led to some fit issues and associated tinkering . They also have those old school rims with the single sided brake hubs though I wont trust myself on them .

None of them are engineered as per original specs in my opinion . Girder fork for example was something I was interested in but a visit to two different forums of bikers settled abroad who had ordered these by dozen suggest they are pure junk , original girders were forged while the Delhi knock offs are cast jobs .
Old 25th February 2015, 16:33   #1363
BANNED

Not my bike though but Dad's one. Clicked in 1961 IIRC.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150225_163340.png
Views: 2876
Size:  612.9 KB

Is it Enfield 200?
Old 25th February 2015, 17:06   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is it Enfield 200?
The tank says Ariel. Thanks to Google Baba, I think its an Arial Red Hunter! 3 Engine Options where available 250, 350 and 500cc. This looks like a 350. Not at all sure though!

Last edited by man_of_steel : 25th February 2015 at 17:10.
Old 25th February 2015, 17:08   #1365
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
The tank says Aerial. Thanks to Google Baba, I think its an Aerial Red Hunter!
Yes sir, I stand corrected. It is an Ariel indeed.

Looks like Enfield from the engine construction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks