Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 11:19   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Next time you come for the RM. You are the official watchman for all the bikes in the parking lot. While the rest of us party.
its funny you mention the parking lot.

I have spent more time in parking lots at RM than anywhere else.

Its magic when you get a master mechanic walk you thru the bikes and tell you why he did that and how that small change helps.

That is me after a full a night awake in the parking lot.
RM 08, Hyderabad.

Rider Mania 2009 RTMC Ishtyle for passionate RE Riders!-im.jpg
Old 9th October 2009, 11:26   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
its funny you mention the parking lot.
See, i know a lot.

Quote:
I have spent more time in parking lots at RM than anywhere else.
Yeah its great to see lines and lines of assorted Bullets parked together.

And i also remember that picture posted somewhere on here about one such parking area. Really beautiful.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:23   #63
BHPian

i really want to see how many really turns up for RM hosted by RE this year (Nov 09). The idea of RM was conceived by a very dear club member (InddieThumpers), RE has been part of it in terms of sponsoring the part of event, but now they are trying to take it away from the community.

It all started in 2004 RM when clubs proposed that we will host the RM in different cities, our motive is not to earn money or anything out of it, perhaps the idea is to keep it away from commercial angle. And make it the most memorable 2 days event for the RE owners without any personal agenda unlike RE.

Thats when InddieThumpers from Mumbai hosted RM 05 in Panvel, Madbulls hosted RM 06 in Chennai, We (Wanderlust) hosted RM 07 in Nagpur, Wanderers hosted RM 08 in Hyd and RollingThunders did real wonders and hosted RM 09 without any support from RE.

RE is simply ignoring the power of this community....

Anyways, we know what kind event we had in 2005, its time to look forward for baap of RMs in Jan 2010, once again will be hosted by InddieThumpers

Last edited by throttleking : 9th October 2009 at 12:26.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The RE hosted RM will not have most of my friends in it.
It will always be held in Goa.
I don't want to ride in the same direction every year.
Nice one!

Quote:

Yeah its great to see lines and lines of assorted Bullets parked together.
Yeah, so true
My friend who is working with RE is already off to Goa for the arrangements to be made for the RE-RM. I guess he wasn't too aware of the stand-offs between RE and the clubs. RE could have alteast named its event something else.
There is even a FB petition for "clubs against RE-RM" or something to that extent.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:31   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lets just say this is not a version i "heard".

About the truth, whose blessings or what are the conditions that are required to call a particular version the "truth"?

If "you" think its hogwash so be it.
I'm sorry. I should not have worded it like that. Let's just say my version differs from yours.

Quote:
Look at my earlier reply:
They were there, not sponsoring or promoting it. When did i say they weren't.
They don't need to "own" it. They can run it.
The whole problem is, RM has many fathers. RE thinks it is one, or at least wants to be the Stepfather(The only one, mind it). RE went so far ahead to register the name as their own, without informing the community. If we go by what you say, and RE was just invited to these events, what business did they have, registering it? It is evident they want to own it, and RE has always been behind RM. They weren't just invitees.

Quote:
I don't think they ever wanted it under their control. But they did want to play a bigger part in hosting it rather then being another guest.
Yes. But the clubs would never let them, as there are some staunch RE haters in each of the clubs. Things had to come to this point, sooner or later.

Quote:
Ideally if the clubs can sort out the differences, the event should be one hosted, planned and executed by the clubs with the blessings of RE. Everyone's happy. But i guess that won't happen and will require a huge amount of maturity from all involved.
With RE's commercial interests, this can never happen. There are lots of personal egoes involved as well. In an era were even the clubs are splintering, how can you even expect so much maturity from everyone to come under one umbrella? If wishes were horses.....

Last edited by kuttapan : 9th October 2009 at 15:33.
Old 9th October 2009, 16:02   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I'm sorry. I should not have worded it like that. Let's just say my version differs from yours.
Oh no issues. Its just that i was present personally when this was going on.

I should have worded by lines better too.

Quote:
The whole problem is, RM has many fathers.
That's precisely why RE is walking away with all the hardwork done by the clubs.

Quote:
RE thinks it is one, or at least wants to be the Stepfather(The only one, mind it).
LOL. Yeah they first thought this won't go beyond a couple of years and die out on its own. Now that they see it that it works they want to well ... use it

Quote:
RE went so far ahead to register the name as their own, without informing the community.
AFAIK they did ask. Now the problem is who represents the community. I think you will understand

Quote:
If we go by what you say, and RE was just invited to these events, what business did they have, registering it?
"RE people" not "RE" were invited. There is a big difference.

Quote:
It is evident they want to own it, and RE has always been behind RM.
Not uptil they were asked to stay out of the last RM. Until then they were happy with the arrangement with their bit of advertising and campaigning being allowed.

Quote:
They weren't just invitees.
They are called on stage, the clubs takes pictures with them. They are in the thick of it.

Quote:
Yes. But the clubs would never let them, as there are some staunch RE haters in each of the clubs.
There are conflicts everywhere. We never saw a board outside the venue that said "RE STAY OUT".

Quote:
With RE's commercial interests, this can never happen.
If it helps RM, why bother. But then these are assumptions.

Quote:
In an era were even the clubs are splintering
The sole reason why i ride alone
Old 16th October 2009, 15:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are conflicts everywhere. We never saw a board outside the venue that said "RE STAY OUT".
Just a quick q, mate. Who are "WE" here? To a casual reader, it appears that you speak for RE here. Or is the wording wrong?
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:32   #68
BHPian

Inddie Thumper RM '10

here's RM'10 to be hosted by the Inddie Thumpers.
RM being a good excuse to ride we now have two, but RM's falling just a month apart?

Mods, shall we have a Poll here to see how many wish to go RE-RM & not.

RM-X - Jan 2010 @ Mumbai Hosted by Inddiethumpers
Rider Mania 2009 RTMC Ishtyle for passionate RE Riders!-rm-.jpg

& also there's update on RE website for RM nov'09. Registrations open Oct 30th.
Rider Mania 2009: Goa, India | Meet bikers from across the country at Royal Enfield Rider Mania

phew! confusions.

Last edited by Rennjit : 23rd October 2009 at 21:44.
Old 24th October 2009, 13:21   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Just a quick q, mate. Who are "WE" here? To a casual reader, it appears that you speak for RE here. Or is the wording wrong?
LOL. Me/we RE, heck NO.

Sorry for the late reply saw the note today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks