Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2009, 14:37   #16
BHPian

OT: I stopped over at siyal earlier this month and he had a nice pair of LT pipes for sale. He quoted 14k i think. Just incase someone with cash is interested..
Old 1st February 2009, 03:53   #17

Note from support team: Post deleted. Please post this in classified section.
Old 1st February 2009, 17:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I stopped over at siyal earlier this month and he had a nice pair of LT pipes for sale. He quoted 14k i think.

14k? . I have been offered plastic sealed LT pipes for 10!
Old 1st February 2009, 19:52   #19
BANNED

These days i got my hands on many OEM parts with paid premium for them and got few good friends as well and one of them offered NOS front wind shield, he is having 4 of them but only in silver and red need to paint as per bikes color, please dont ask me the name of friend and your offers as its just one for me rest is for his own collection.Showing few of them as rest is not advisible from few known guys they are scared to get robbed LOL.
FYI guys its not available in market now all are old pieces or replicas.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Rd350 Front windscreen cover-dsc02103.jpg  

Yamaha Rd350 Front windscreen cover-dsc02254.jpg  

Yamaha Rd350 Front windscreen cover-dsc02258.jpg  

Yamaha Rd350 Front windscreen cover-dsc02259.jpg  

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 1st February 2009 at 20:08. Reason: edited for showing pics.
Old 1st February 2009, 20:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
14k? I have been offered plastic sealed LT pipes for 10!
Well, people are free to quote what they please.. But i think these prices for rd parts are crazy. 10k for unused pipes is a steal now a days.
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
But i think these prices for rd parts are crazy.

Tell me about it. Not just parts, but labour as well. Mechanics here charge 1200 bucks to adjust the timing of the RD (a 5 minute job - all it needs is a screw driver and a timing gun), and say that they'll need to keep the bike for the day. Another 1000 bucks for setting the carbs, which for them is just washing the jets with diesel and adjusting the idling screws.

Best thing is we learn to do our stuff on our own (I still need to learn about ignition).
Old 2nd February 2009, 18:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tell me about it. Not just parts, but labour as well. Mechanics here charge 1200 bucks to adjust the timing of the RD (a 5 minute job - all it needs is a screw driver and a timing gun), and say that they'll need to keep the bike for the day. Another 1000 bucks for setting the carbs, which for them is just washing the jets with diesel and adjusting the idling screws.

Best thing is we learn to do our stuff on our own (I still need to learn about ignition).
1200bucks for timing adjustment?? Man where is this place?!!

Best thing is to learn, that is the best thing to do!
Old 2nd February 2009, 18:39   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

OT: come to bangalore with a timing gun and i will only charge you Rs 1999/- for the job and will give the bike in 2 hours

Just kidding, but who is this smart mech who is charging so much? Broad day light robbery!
Old 3rd February 2009, 09:02   #24
BHPian

Quote:
come to bangalore with a timing gun and i will only charge you Rs 1999/- for the job and will give the bike in 2 hours

Quote:
but who is this smart mech who is charging so much? Broad day light robbery!
Not just one, but many out here in Mumbai. And they dont even work on the bikes well. They dont know wiring, electricals, ignitions, oil seals, etc. Which is why quite a few people in Mumbai believe that the RD is a high maintainence and time consuming bike.

Touch wood, ever since I have found my mechanic, my bike has stopped complaining. In fact, she has become almost as reliable as a 4-stroker.
Old 13th February 2009, 10:30   #25
BANNED

So got myself another silver beast on tuesday, it took over 30 minutes to open the package, its 1986 LT running on 0.5, on points, till now all things are looking fine this saturday going to lift the barrels to check the actual scene. Need to sort out the carb settings and ignition timings.Bike is having Fury alloy wheels along with disc breaks on both wheels and they are doing pretty good job but not happy with leaking fork oil seals, trying to sort it out or will get back to stock setup.Also bike felt bit heavy compared to my existing RD must be due to Fury setup.Will post the pics once i get time to click specially the disc setup .No plan for any kind of mods just want to retain this as it is.
Picked up many spare parts as well along with this bike like 2 set of barrels(standard LT and 0.25 LT), front forks, rear shocks, original Yamaha connecting rods etc waiting for many other small parts which i ordered last week.
Old 17th February 2009, 14:21   #26
BHPian

I usually pays 30 bucks for a timing adjustment/CB points setting.. thats the minimum labor charge here.. who is this great mech up north who is charging 1200?
Old 17th February 2009, 20:19   #27
BHPian

Hey Ajay,

Am still waiting for the report and photos of the Daytona 400 you rode!
Old 18th February 2009, 11:10   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
These days i got my hands on many OEM parts with paid premium for them
I read somewhere that Yamaha India plans to offer parts support for the RX100 & the RD350. A welcome move, if true.
Old 18th February 2009, 11:51   #29
BANNED

Mate after that midnight ride was fallen sick(may be scared of that beasts insane power) she lifted her front in first three gears effortlessly and damn scary throttel responce cant explain it mate, she just throws you off from the seat.
As GTO said and even i have seen in many sites that they are planning to relaunch the spare parts will be good for us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks