Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 09:45   #31
BANNED

Guys all my bikes are known for poor lighting tried Helonix 60+ in my CBZ as Sunny suggeted and now i am happy to say its working far better then other bulbs till date i have tried, even using it in my RD's and RXZ and they are value for money.
If you dont have plan to change the stock connections and reflector with holder unit stick to Helonix 60+.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:34   #32
BHPian

Ajaybiz,
Did you have to do any modifications to the headlight assembly or is it a striaght fit in the current Cbz fairing? Did you have to change the bulb holder from the stock one on the cbz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Guys all my bikes are known for poor lighting tried Helonix 60+ in my CBZ as Sunny suggeted and now i am happy to say its working far better then other bulbs till date i have tried, even using it in my RD's and RXZ and they are value for money.
If you dont have plan to change the stock connections and reflector with holder unit stick to Helonix 60+.
Old 25th February 2009, 16:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Thats intresting. But which brands did you compare the Halonix +60 with? Again the problem with Halonix is there are apparently no authorised dealers where I can be assured of a genuine product, unlike say Bosch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
You are on the right track. However, before screwing the bulb into the holder, take a look at the back of the holder (where the wires go in) - you should be able to see a cork like piece. Now you can move this piece forward with gentle force (screwdriver) inserted through the wiring hole. Or move it back using the same gentle force from the front (with the bulb removed). This movement I'm referring to is in mm but makes a world of difference when fitting non OEM bulbs. If in doubt, do not attempt as a little extra force than required might result in breaking the holder.

Your pictures are of low beam?- the light needs to be more rectangular in shape. High beam should be a very similar rectangle shape higher up.

What's the light on the console? High beam or Neutral?
Thanks, that makes lot more sense. I'll check for that kinda adjustment next time I open the assy. However, wont that help in just focusing the light? And as you can tell, the focus is there to see on the road. Its just the light thats not intense enough. And yes, the light definitely is not rectangular on the road... its oval, as seen in the pic. Think the above adjustment could make it rectangular?

Yes that pic is of low beam. I could not take a proper pic of the high beam. The light on the console is of course the Neutral indicator which is green in real but somehow seems kinda blue in the pics.

Last edited by Raccoon : 25th February 2009 at 16:25.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:37   #34
BANNED

No mods require for fixing that bulb its direct fit, i've tried Osram and Philips but they were H4 fitting and fixed with moded holder and ended up with poor focus, ultimatly got this bulb in JC road(next to Vijaydeep reboring shop) auth. dealer for Helonix and NGK plugs he keeps the stock.
Old 27th February 2009, 16:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

So Halonix has authorised dealers... at least in Banglore?? Never seen one here. And I don't think they are mentioned on their web site either. :(
Old 14th March 2009, 19:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

I need some help here. I have Suzuki Zeus. I dont know if the electrical system can support a 60/55W.
My present bulb is Halonix HS1 35/35W.
I want to install in H4 60/55W.
The difference between HS1 and bulb base and H4 bulb base in case of P43T and PX43T is that the middle pin in PX43T ( IIRC, HS1 is available in PX43T only ) in HS1 is 1-2mm thicker than P43T. So can I take chance and put in P43T H4 ?
What about electrical system ? Can it take load. I have been trying to make changes and finally the time has come.
Can I get H4 40/45W ?
Old 14th March 2009, 19:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I need some help here. I have Suzuki Zeus. I dont know if the electrical system can support a 60/55W.
My present bulb is Halonix HS1 35/35W.
I want to install in H4 60/55W.
The difference between HS1 and bulb base and H4 bulb base in case of P43T and PX43T is that the middle pin in PX43T ( IIRC, HS1 is available in PX43T only ) in HS1 is 1-2mm thicker than P43T. So can I take chance and put in P43T H4 ?
What about electrical system ? Can it take load. I have been trying to make changes and finally the time has come.
Can I get H4 40/45W ?
All motorcycle halogen H4 bulbs are PX43T these days. PX43T is designed so that it can't be put into a automobile P43T holder, but reverse is possible. The center tab of the PX43T bulb is thicker, the PX43T bulb holder will take P43T bulb.

Electrical load is another thing which i can't comment on.
Old 15th March 2009, 08:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
All motorcycle halogen H4 bulbs are PX43T these days. PX43T is designed so that it can't be put into a automobile P43T holder, but reverse is possible. The center tab of the PX43T bulb is thicker, the PX43T bulb holder will take P43T bulb.

Electrical load is another thing which i can't comment on.
You mean H4 or HS1 ? Which bikes are fitted with H4 PX43T ? Again they are 35/35W which is something I dont like. So I thought of a higher rating bulb.
But before buying the 60/55W, I would like to know if any other bike comes with H4 PX43T. From my knowledge, HS1 and H4 will give same light output if both are 35/35W. Is this true ? If yes, then I will go in for H4 60/55W.
All that is written in manual and on the net is AC generator. No other details are given. The dealer screams " halogen ", so I dont need anything else. I am tired of poor headlight.

I am confused even more now, but thankfully this will lead me to what I want.
Old 15th March 2009, 09:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

* HS1 is the term for the PX43T base halogen bulbs. HS1 can be replaced with H4 P43T.
* H4 is the term for P43T base and P45T base (round base, instead of three prongs, old style on it's way out) halogen bulbs.

Karizma, Uni, CBZX, Hunk, Apache RTR, Pulsar (except 220) all these i have seen, come with HS1 (PX43T) bulbs, and can be replaced with P43T H4 automotive bulbs.

As i've said, PX43T bulbs have a wider centre tab to prevent it from being used in automobiles by mistake. Motorcycles can use P43T bullbs in place of HS1 (PX43T).

Here you go, from Bosch India site. The middle pin they refer to is not the pin where you plug in the wire. The pin they refer to is the middle leg/tab/prong that locates the bulb in the holder.

HS1 bulb
HS1 is a new range halogen bulb with a PX 43t fitting. The only difference between the HS1 and an H4 halogen bulb, is that the middle pin at the base is 1-2mm thicker. Hence the notation PX 43t compared to P43t. The HS1 will become the standard bulb for all new 2 wheelers launched.

Lamp Type Voltage Wattage Lumens Base MRP
HS1 12 35/35 825/525 PX43t 79.50

Applications to date:
Bajaj : Boxer CT, Caliber, Caliber Chroma, Eliminator; Bajaj Pulsar 150 (KS),Pulsar 150 (DTS-i), Pulsar 180 (New), Wind 125, Hero Honda CD 100SS Splendor, Splendor Plus, Karizma, Passion, Passion Plus, CBZ, Ambition, CD Dawn Kinetic Velocity; LML Graptor,Freedom 125, Freedom (DLX); TVS Fiero F2

Last edited by Sankar : 15th March 2009 at 09:07.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2009, 09:38   #40
BHPian

I just bought a lumax 12V 35/35W Px-43T H4 bulb yesterday for my p150. anyone has any experience with this one here? haven't taken the bike for a night ride yet. is this a decent enough bulb or not? what all modifications need to be done if i have to fit a 55w halogen in my pulsar?
Old 15th March 2009, 17:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
I just bought a lumax 12V 35/35W Px-43T H4 bulb yesterday for my p150. anyone has any experience with this one here? haven't taken the bike for a night ride yet. is this a decent enough bulb or not? what all modifications need to be done if i have to fit a 55w halogen in my pulsar?
I had tried Lumax on my Bajaj spirit. Rather than Lumax or Bosch, I would recommend Halonix +60 any day. They are better.

Now about the bulb being adequate or not. Ride you bike in the night and this will become very clear to you. Its as simple as this, if you are comfortable with the lightning from the set up, its good, and if you are not comfortable with the lightning you are getting, its not good.

Good lights are a safety feature, I think, so no compromise here.
Old 16th March 2009, 14:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

An update.
I bought 60/55W H4 Osram Halogen from Sajah Motors, Vadodara. The bulb costed me Rs. 80. It was perfect fit for my Zeus. No issues as far as bulb goes. The real issue was opening and fitting back those 15 screws.
About PX43T and P43T.
Our Baleno has one pair of SGP headlamp bulbs. They are from Jagan, H4 60/55W with base P43T. Today I tried fitting one in my bike and it was as good a fit as PX43T. And Sankar, you are correct, its those external pins and not the electrical connection pins that are different.

I am yet to ride the bike in night, but ran the bike for 15 mins and the headlamp was switched on. No problems at all as of now. The beam design of Zeus is excellent. The beam is longer on the left side ( in low beam ) of the oveall spread and becomes concentrated at high beam. It looks like they had spent sometime for designing reflector design. I expect a mighty improvement over the HS1.
After I have completed some kms in night driving, I will again update about the performance.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:22   #43
BHPian

Halonix 35/35. Super bright. Cheers
Old 16th March 2009, 23:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Night driving update.

I tried around 6 kms of night driving with the new bulb. The bulb take a couple of seconds to get into high beam mode. Definitely the electrical system is not able to cope with the load.
The beam spread and intensity is more, but light is not as bright or rather is yellowish. The Halonix gave me whiteish light, but this one is bad here. Otherwise it has been just about satisfactory as I was able to pick irregulatiries on the road better than the 35W bulb.
What is disappointing : I expected more improvment over the 35W bulb.

Next in line is getting the HID bulb with P43T socket and installed in this reflector set up. As far as my knowledge goes, the HID bulbs generally are 35W. However can anyone throw light if I can get one with base of P43T. I am ready to spend around Rs. 700 more for the bulb.
If the HID costs more, I will have to search around for more options.

In general I expected more jump in quality of light available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
Halonix 35/35. Super bright. Cheers
Yes, Halonix are the qutie good, I now realized after spending some money.
Old 17th March 2009, 09:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

HID needs to be powered from the battery. It will not run off the alternator.

You shouldn't have expected much improvement with the 55/60 bulb over your 35W bulb. Reason is it will take coil rewinding to produce that much current to satisfactorily power a 55/60 bulb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks