Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2009, 14:06   #1
BHPian

My friend's Yamaha RX135 5 Speed

my friend's 2001 yammy 135 5s. My friend gajee is not able to post new topics or reply to any of the posts, so am taking the privilege of posting on his behalf. Here is his fond, well groomed pet.
Attached Thumbnails
My friend's Yamaha RX135 5 Speed-dsc00001.jpg  

My friend's Yamaha RX135 5 Speed-dsc00002.jpg  

My friend's Yamaha RX135 5 Speed-dsc00005.jpg  

My friend's Yamaha RX135 5 Speed-dsc00007.jpg  

My friend's Yamaha RX135 5 Speed-dsc00010.jpg  

My friend's Yamaha RX135 5 Speed-dsc00013.jpg  

My friend's Yamaha RX135 5 Speed-dsc00014.jpg  

Old 28th February 2009, 14:32   #2
BHPian

great bike

i had a 135 5speed 5 years back which i had bought it from the showroom.
i used the bike for an year an my brother injected me about an rd350.i made up my mind i would sell the 5 speed & get myself a rd350.in 3 months i was able to do that.i had bought the bike for 53000 & had sold it for 15000.as the buyer knew i was a desperate seller he got a good deal.
i miss the bike alot.as it was trouble free.rx 100 mite be good.but 5 speed is the perfect 2 stroke city bike.the stock bike used to do 115kmph.
initially we thought cat con is a problem.but cat con is the part that makes the bike powerful & gives a good mileage.
great bike buddy!
dont think of selling this bike for anything
Old 28th February 2009, 16:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

nice one though it seems to be bone stock. what tyre are you using in the rear?
Old 28th February 2009, 16:28   #4
Team-BHP Support

Well done. Your friend seems to be fond of stickers.

Why don't you gift him the T-Bhp stickers eh ?
Old 28th February 2009, 22:27   #5
BHPian

OT : Hearty congratulations on that LOVELY Roadking in the background too !!! Maybe you can open another thread with images of that beauty.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 1st March 2009, 00:06   #6
BHPian

Hey manjunag,

A beauty that 135 is. Its very tough to find a used 135-5 speed these days and even if you manage to do so it would have been badly abused.

Very well maintained and am sure that would be a delight to ride through the city traffic.

A small suggestion: Those stickers do not go with the bike is what i feel!!
Old 1st March 2009, 02:32   #7
BHPian

Very nicely kept. Good show guys.
Especially seeing no K&N nonsense on this bike. Keep it up!
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:13   #8
BHPian

gajee: desideep, it is a bone stock vehicle, I didn't need to pep it up at all, as it is it purrs like a deadly amazon jaguar. Tyre ? Its the CEAT sport secura(both tyres). As regards the stickers, I spend about 4k for those(got them from london). Please dont say they dont go with the bike, pleasee !! No question of selling it nandishpal. Aditya.86, the only abuse my beauty has withstood is my ripping it during the run in period (used to hover somewhere around 110-115-120).

Thanks all for the effusive praise. I wish to enrich my rx with the a little bit of help from all you guys. Am thinking of going in for a RDD CDI, disc brake, yezdi dome, a nice pair of rear shocks (need help from you guys to decide which ones, I want a benz like smooth effect after changing the shocks )

manjunag: as far as the request for posting pics of the road king, yup here goes. Please find the new thread anytime now.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd March 2009 at 10:31. Reason: back to back posts
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:22   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Well done. Your friend seems to be fond of stickers.

Why don't you gift him the T-Bhp stickers eh ?
yeah...planning to buy the stickers, but the dilemma is where to put them ? no space on the bike...so it has to be a car I guess
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:59   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjunag View Post
I wish to enrich my rx with the a little bit of help from all you guys. Am thinking of going in for a RDD CDI, disc brake, yezdi dome, a nice pair of rear shocks (need help from you guys to decide which ones, I want a benz like smooth effect after changing the shocks )
Well. You know the drill.
1) RDD CDI Kit
2) UNI filter + bigger jets
3) Pulsar 180 lower fork legs and disk brake setup (from the one with the spoke/wire wheels)
4) Good tyres from and back. Either MRF Zapper Q or Michelin M45. Zapper FV for front.

Enjoy.
Old 3rd March 2009, 08:52   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Well. You know the drill.
1) RDD CDI Kit
2) UNI filter + bigger jets
3) Pulsar 180 lower fork legs and disk brake setup (from the one with the spoke/wire wheels)
4) Good tyres from and back. Either MRF Zapper Q or Michelin M45. Zapper FV for front.

Enjoy.
I got the drift regarding the RDD CDI kit part, but you guys will have to enlighten me on the UNI filter and bigger jets part and pulsar lower fork legs part as well.
1. Am not quite sure what jetting is.
2. How ill the UNI filter help me ? I replaced my stock filter(after almost 9 years) with a original yamaha foam filter I got from the showroom, is this not good enough?
3. how will the lower fork legs of a pulsar help ?

I am very much satisfied with the CEAT secura sport tyres i am using currently.

ps: pardon my ignorance.

thanks a lot guys.
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:00   #12
BHPian

Also guys, can you please throw some more light on this thread, this is the bike I am having problem with the clutch.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...5-5-speed.html
Old 4th March 2009, 10:42   #13
BHPian

Guys, suppose I make up my mind to sell the bike, how much would I get on this yammy?
Old 5th March 2009, 02:16   #14
BHPian

Quote:
but you guys will have to enlighten me on the UNI filter and bigger jets part
UNI is the best filter money you can buy right now in India that is suited to our filthy, dusty climate/environment.
Free Flow filter means more air. And thus you need bigger jets in the carb. for more fuel. (to maintain the same air-fuel ratio)

Quote:
and pulsar lower fork legs part as well.
The pulsar lower fork legs are a direct swap for the RX ones. The Pulsar ones have the mounting for disk brake caliper already cast into them, and hence you don't need to do any juggaad welding or any other nonsense to have a disk brake setup.

Quote:
1. Am not quite sure what jetting is.
2. How ill the UNI filter help me ? I replaced my stock filter(after almost 9 years) with a original yamaha foam filter I got from the showroom, is this not good enough?
3. how will the lower fork legs of a pulsar help ?
1) Trying Jets of different sizes to find one that delivers just the right amount of fuel according to your engine, modifications done and elevation level of where you live. Neither too much fuel so as to run rich, foul spark plugs and bog down the engine NOR too less fuel to run lean and overheat/harm the engine.

2) Original Foam filter is good. But you still end up running a very restrictive airbox. The UNI will eliminate this while still providing the best possible filtration. See. To make more power, you need more fuel. To keep the air-fuel ratio constant if you are feeding more fuel, you need more air. Also, more air = more oxygen = better burning of fuel.

3) Explained above

Quote:
I am very much satisfied with the CEAT secura sport tyres i am using currently.
They are good. But try the Zapper Q at rear and you will come back and thank me.

Too bad you are thinking of selling this well kept and rare bike rather than enjoy it. But yes, if you have made up your mind, no issues. Pick up a nice Karizma or RTR180(when it comes) and enjoy
Old 5th March 2009, 12:35   #15
BHPian

Finally I have registered and will be able to use my own ID to post. Thanks to the moderators, cheers you guys.

@ScarySkulls: thank you very much for your patient and indept answers to my queries.

Regarding the pulsar fork legs, I see the advantage, thank you. This is a feasible mod.

Regarding the jetting and more power, my bike is already giving me less mileage (of about 30-33kms), so if my guess is right having bigger jets will increase fuel consumption right ??

UNI air filter it is, am switiching to UNI air filter as quickly as my financial state permits me

Zapper Q ???? huh ?? ok let me see....let my CEATs wear out first

As for as "thinking to sell" the bike, NO WAY dude....I was just curious to know what my well maintained, stock yammy is worth.

Karizma ?? RTR ?? am not a fan of four strokes scaryskulls, I would rather walk to my workplace at whitefield (which is 30 kms from my house). tehehe.

Most Viewed