Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 14:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Are you going to use the bike for the entire 100-250 Kms or is it for a smaller stretch only ?

Like said before, riding a bike for 250 kms a day on a regular basis is not a joke. Please reconsider.
Old 9th March 2009, 14:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vikram, given our mad roads and even madder road-users + the amount of daily travel you do, IMO a bike is not a safe option. And ofcourse the other side-effects like backpain etc. If I were you, I would stick to the powerful yet FE Accent-D.

BTW, what happened to your Honda RWD ? Sold ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz
Considering your age ....
Hey, you are making it sound like he is from some other generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k
I would definitely suggest a Honda Unicorn.
He used to own a Unicorn, so I'm guessing he might be wanting a change this time around.
Old 9th March 2009, 14:33   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

Like said before, riding a bike for 250 kms a day on a regular basis is not a joke. Please reconsider.
+1.

Please buy the best in safety equipment.
That includes a DOT or higher rating for Helmet, Armour Jackets and so on.
Old 9th March 2009, 14:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
BTW, what happened to your Honda RWD ? Sold ?
No, my wife uses it nowadays..
Old 9th March 2009, 14:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter note, there is a R1 for sale in Team-BHP classifieds, there is also a Honda CBR 1000 RR for sale along with a Ninja ZX-7R. All of them are capable of doing 250 Kms a day.
Old 9th March 2009, 15:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
is a R1 for sale in Team-BHP classifieds, there is also a Honda CBR 1000 RR for sale along with a Ninja ZX-7R. All of them are capable of doing 250 Kms a day.
Oh, my GODfather, please get me one of them! I'd be a good boy!
Old 9th March 2009, 15:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

100 to 250 kms a day? Whom are you kidding apart from yourself?
You have a good econo diesel in the Accent CRDI. Just keep driving it.
Don't try to cut corners and end up with a slipped disc in the hospital with a bills adding up to lakhs or more.
Not to forget the safety aspect. We all know how we lost two of our dearest BHPians.
Come to terms with the fact that you have to travel 100-250 kms a day and that you can't do anything about it.

Disclaimer: The above holds true if you plan to use a bike for your 100-250km office commute.
PS:Vikram, I have a lot more to add.But,I'll restrain myself .
Old 9th March 2009, 16:28   #23
BHPian

I will personally suggest Unicorn. Proven and reliable. Infact my friend owns one for past 3 years now. He weighs around 105 kgs, you should see the bike.. very poorly maintained, it once ran on motul(2T)+speed mixture from an rx , as the unicorn was dry. Very less noise and less problemetic than the pulsars. Its robust like the initial cub.
Old 9th March 2009, 18:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
While that is an excellent suggestion from a rider's perspective, please take into account that only 300-400 comets were EVER sold in India. Not only will finding one be difficult, servicing and parts sourcing will be a nightmare!

If you have access to one of the larger parts suppliers from Karol Bagh, you may give it a thought! These guys are magicians in supplying parts for discontinued bikes.
well one can still find a decent Comet mate not an issue at all, as per the spares the Kinetic has come to its terms and if one places an order for a part not readily available they deliver the parts in a weeks time these days.

got a couple of guys with the bike and they are doing pretty fine and spares are available too, the only downside would be the cost which is kind of okay to live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
100 to 250 kms a day? Whom are you kidding apart from yourself?
You have a good econo diesel in the Accent CRDI. Just keep driving it.
Don't try to cut corners and end up with a slipped disc in the hospital with a bills adding up to lakhs or more.
Not to forget the safety aspect. We all know how we lost two of our dearest BHPians.
Come to terms with the fact that you have to travel 100-250 kms a day and that you can't do anything about it.

Disclaimer: The above holds true if you plan to use a bike for your 100-250km office commute.
PS:Vikram, I have a lot more to add.But,I'll restrain myself .

couldnt agree more. Vicky anna consider the new Economy beast mate, we have the IKON diesel now, one of the excellent handlers in its class once upon a time it will definitely handle better than your current beloved sedan and will serve as a good mule and you can have all the fun too as the spares have come down to more digestable levels say what mate???

do this na, if you really want to ride a bike then why not consider the TRACK you guys are too lucky to have a track man which other cities dont have, forget your gypsy on the track for a while and see the new age bikes handle.

all the best anna do let us know what you decide.
Old 9th March 2009, 18:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

250kms a day is a lot. Is this highway?

you dont want a bullet if you are criscrossing thru narrow gallis. Bullet is good for highways and peaceful drives. RTR and R15 is for teens.
Karizma is the perfect gentlemen's express.

Wonder why nobody is recomending 'India's fastest bike' P220?

Last edited by Mpower : 9th March 2009 at 21:23.
Old 9th March 2009, 19:34   #26
BHPian

Yes go for the HH Karizma
Old 10th March 2009, 12:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Wonder why nobody is recomending 'India's fastest bike' P220?

Mpower i think we know the answer to that question already, the readability part is the fun-killer on the big boy P220 , imagine 250kms a day and one day he is stranded on the highway.

Vicky bhai what have you thought???

if still that crazy about the bikes first buy a used karizma get used to its power then sell it for a 400cc honda which will server you better of all for your kind of touring and you can have LOADS of track fun.

or make us all happy if your faithful work horse is not good any more go ikon diesel as i suggested best option if still need power there is always PETER to help you out, with the power coupled with the amazing handling of that car would make it one hell of fun filled driving combo experiece both on and off track.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:52   #28
BHPian

don't even think of Blaze. it has 163 CC engine and a tank of 6 Litres capacity.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

hey the accent is perfeKt at 72K kms. The graduation from that should be an AUTOMATIC diesel better than that!

Coming to bikes, I really liked the Yezdi for the nostalgia it offers, But there is some serious thinking on the travelling 100 kms a day on a bike at the home front. Hence will decide on that part later.

But, it should be fun on a fast bike as I get to touch 140 atleast once a day!

Cheers
Old 10th March 2009, 14:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

more than 100km means it will definitely be more than 2 hours riding the bike.
IMO, in such a scenario, going with a bike which has a stance that causes you to lean forward is gonna be really tiring, and may also cause a back injury after a prolonged period.

Enfields, IMO, offer much better riding stance.

Of course a four wheeler is any day better bet for such a long distance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks