Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 23:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

the one who weighs more than 100kgs ,don't even consider puny 100-150cc bikes for long tour.
Here ,the reality exposed - A Big Heart is better;be it bullet or kariZMA.Try to tour minimum 100kms on a smaller bike when you are a giant(LOL!) ,it literally exhausts and felt under powered.
PS: I don't experience oil leaks or the kind of BS someone reported.may be ,I heard the Older Enfields are the ones which faced such a problem.
Old 12th March 2009, 07:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
he better stick to his accent or get a verna AT. Hmm..., with verna he will actually have enough boot space to stuff up two barrels. and may be one on the rear seat?
You are right on this part..the only diff is that i cant carry barrels in either the accent or the verna..the verna AT is a good choice too!

Guess the biking fantasy should have been enacted 10 years ago. Thanks guys for your exciting inputs!
Old 12th March 2009, 08:17   #63
Senior - BHPian

ABdriver2000,

Whoever said that the Unicorn isn't durable enough. This side of the Zma, the Unicorn is the epitome of reliability.

Rider60,

The latest bullets don't leak oil, especially the AVL and UCE mills.

Riding 100-250 Ks a day is going to be strenous, irrespective of the motorcycle.
Old 12th March 2009, 09:07   #64
BHPian

Biking for 250 kms a day may be quite boring too.
How 'bout the new Xenon? It's got diesel, a bed so you can haul your stuff, and can actually intimidate lesser cars, even some mighty muscular ones. Just like all the lorries do on Chennai-Bangalore highway.

You can drive 40km/hr with another lorry side-by-side, blocking everybody on the road, and not feel out-of-place! And when you need, can touch 140 too... Best of both worlds..
Old 12th March 2009, 09:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000
I have been following this thread for past few days with a lot of interest. I have some similar requirements too.
Hope this thread helps atleast you to make a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60
unlike headers you commute is around 50kms a unicorn should do for you,
Yes, for abdriver2000's kind of daily running and requirements, the Unicorn is a good fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey
You can drive 40km/hr with another lorry side-by-side, blocking everybody on the road, and not feel out-of-place!
Yeah, it's so irritating when you have these 2 trucks ambling along at 40kmph alongside each other blocking the whole highway. Infact, I occasionally see this on the city roads itself. Today there was this Ace on lane-1 and an auto in lane-2 both maintaining speeds of around 35kmph with the whole road in front of them free. Initially honked a bit, but did not seem to work, so just used the car as a wedge and pried them apart. Might not be a Xenon, but sometimes it works.
Old 12th March 2009, 10:17   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
How 'bout the new Xenon? It's got diesel, a bed so you can haul your stuff, and can actually intimidate lesser cars, even some mighty muscular ones. Just like all the lorries do on Chennai-Bangalore highway.
Infact, i would seriously consider the Xenon iff it came with "my wishlist".

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
but did not seem to work, so just used the car as a wedge and pried them apart. Might not be a Xenon, but sometimes it works.
Did you check out the dents on your car later on..in Black, they appear even if you go too close to the other vehicle!
Old 12th March 2009, 10:26   #67
BHPian

I would suggest go for a Machismo 500 LB. I have seen many doing long trips on a Bullet though they own many others. The ride more stable and solid.. yo may not achieve huge accelaration but your overall average will be more and you can cruise at higher speeds. Kinetic Aquila would ve been an ideal option but the service and spares are a problem. This is talking from my personal experience and i owned all these. but when i think of a Ladakh trip, i take my Bullet.
Old 12th March 2009, 10:37   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Did you check out the dents on your car later on..in Black, they appear even if you go too close to the other vehicle!
Ha ha. Man, do you think my car would have remained (almost) scratchless in the last 4 years in Chennai if I actually used it to pry apart autos & Aces by making contact with them ?
Old 12th March 2009, 12:17   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Guess the biking fantasy should have been enacted 10 years ago. Thanks guys for your exciting inputs!
Good choice vikram.
Old 12th March 2009, 13:43   #70
BANNED

Rajdoot 175 with the Earles (?) suspension. Nothing else will do.
Old 12th March 2009, 13:51   #71
BHPian

How about the Yamaha MT-01? It's out in India ain't it?
Old 12th March 2009, 14:05   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
100 to 250 kms a day? Whom are you kidding apart from yourself?
You have a good econo diesel in the Accent CRDI. Just keep driving it.
Don't try to cut corners and end up with a slipped disc in the hospital with a bills adding up to lakhs or more.
Not to forget the safety aspect. We all know how we lost two of our dearest BHPians.
Come to terms with the fact that you have to travel 100-250 kms a day and that you can't do anything about it.

Disclaimer: The above holds true if you plan to use a bike for your 100-250km office commute.
PS:Vikram, I have a lot more to add.But,I'll restrain myself .
I second that. Headers my friend, are u talking about a daily commute of 100-250 kms every day? You are much better off with a car unless you want to end up with some major issues with your back riding a bike for such long distances every day. If it is one off pleasure drive then its fine but if it is a daily commute for such distances then you might end up with serious health issues and again riding such distances every day on a two wheeler is bound to increase the risk of accidents, assuming the distance mentioned, you will probably hitting the highways. Kindly reconsider.
Old 12th March 2009, 14:24   #73
BHPian

Please stay away from Kinetic Blaze. I had loads of pathetic experience with it.

Go for Karizma. 250km everyday is huge. You need a comfortable cruiser.

If you sit upright on Karizma, 250 km is a cakewalk. I guarantee you there will not be any back problems, unless you have one already.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 12th March 2009 at 14:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks