Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 07:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suncross 0 Bhp

@ MODS: please move the thread if it dont belong here.

Hi all. This is a story of a man who was fond of cycling in his childhood. Did all sort of stunts on it (Mind it, it was just on the Cycle not motor cycles ever).
Till date I had only bought one brand new cycle. I learnt riding when I was in 1st class hmm that would be year 1988 I think for sure. I learnt it out of the house with help of a friend. I can’t remember what was the make of that cycle. After that I was passed on a cycle of some brand called SUPRIYA. It was red it was fun cause it was my first cycle. Years passed on and got a passed on RANGER LE that was again from the same Cousin. Years again passed on got a RANGER GENERATION X it has small spring suspension in its Handel bar. It was good fun did a lot on that bike, broke its front fork so many times. It was stolen. Then I got my share for a passed on Hero jet once again.
I had completely quit riding the Cycles in 1998 almost after 10 years of starting riding. Now it was the time for all the things with the Motors. No physical work was involved. Just hop on and ride around if a flat tire then just think and get the things sorted accordingly.
The last 10 years have seriously taken the toll on for this lazy bum. My knees hurt real bad. Been talking to the Doctor for some time. Excersie and cycling was always recommended. Cant excersise cause I totally forget about it hehehe. Now the only way was that I get something can make me do things. That was cycle. There were options a cycle that you can have inside the comfort of your house and you just paddle away. Hmm that’s not something that I wanted. But let’s see. Finally after being inspired by Mr. Sachin Oberoi, planed to get a cycle that can take me on the road instead of lazing around in the house.
Now here is what I got A SUNCROSS PROCEED. It has a front suspension, hard tail, alloy frame, 21 speeds. And what not all that I can’t understand right now.
I have been riding around for almost around a bit more than a month now I think.
Thanks a lot to Mr. Sachin Oberoi aka Nikoo (TBHP) and also a big thanks to Mr. Puneet Mehta AKA Roger (XBHP) for helping me select one and then giving a nice discount on it.
Here are the pics…

PS. regarding the seat height that was just lowered so that the guy who cleans our vehicles can try the it. and i am just posing around hehehe.
Attached Thumbnails
Suncross 0 Bhp-img_0035.jpg  

Suncross 0 Bhp-img_0028.jpg  

Suncross 0 Bhp-img_0033.jpg  

Suncross 0 Bhp-img_0030.jpg  

Old 9th December 2009, 10:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

nice ride, how much dd it cost you?

i still have my 10 year old Hercules Full Suspension Technology bike at my native place. though i don't use it anymore is a different issue

loved the disc on front wheel on your bike. have you installed any accessories?
Old 9th December 2009, 10:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

haha. nice one. Remember looking at my friends new cycle which he bought as his older one was stolen. Was some expensive imported stuff no idea which one but was very light. Riding that was fun and you felt like lance!! Lol
Old 9th December 2009, 10:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

I thought this article was something else. BUtr after reading and seeing the snap i came ot know that this is the first topic i feel on BHP forum about cycles. Even i had Hero ranger(the first vehicle to be purchased in Mysore-1989/90)it was fun riding and almost 10 years i used that vehicle in all terrain,hills,racing,jumpings,riding on a inclined tree and jumping from there etc). Good memories
Old 9th December 2009, 10:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

good one, I remember the day I had my new bicycle. It was great feeling, thanks for getting it reminded.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
@ MODS: please move the thread if it dont belong here.

Hi all. This is a story of a man who was fond of cycling in his childhood. Did all sort of stunts on it (Mind it, it was just on the Cycle not motor cycles ever).
That's a nice bike, desideep. Your story also reminds me of my own happy bicycle days: starting with a red Atlas, then a blue Hind Speedking (later fitted with Sturmey-Archer hub gear), then a BSA Mach 10 (stolen!), followed by a white and purple Hero Hawk which I still have (and will one day be restored).
Old 9th December 2009, 12:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nice cycle, @desideep. She loosk stunning in white color. Congratz.

your post brought back many memories :-D
I learned cycling on a hero half-cycle, then got a handed down Atlas cycle. When i finished 9th, dad asked me to choose the cycle I want, and I went for a green Hero Jet. Had that with me till I finished my BSc. Boy, that cycle was fun - I used to ride it fast, and often used to race with cars and line buses (have got more than my share of gallies from bus cleaners for this)

Later, when it was my brothers time to pick a cycle, we brought a Hercules Top Gear (the 1st Gear cycle in my village) and boy, it was fun to do all sort of stunts. The first thing we did ws to remove the mud guards, and the cycle was looking amazing without the mud guards.
Ah! The good old school-collage days.

After coming to bangy, I brought a FireFox Fusion, and cycles to office some times.

Last edited by theexperthand : 9th December 2009 at 12:44.
Old 17th December 2009, 18:45   #8
BHPian

congrats on your new ride. Lets meet sometimes!!
Old 17th December 2009, 18:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Not zero BHP.

Human beings can produce a fraction of HP!!
Old 17th December 2009, 23:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
congrats on your new ride. Lets meet sometimes!!
Thanks a lot, and sure Bai jee i am still working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Not zero BHP.
Human beings can produce a fraction of HP!!
Very true but i am just talking about the BIKE here sir
Old 18th December 2009, 10:18   #11
BHPian

hi desideep, this is a nice pick, can you please help us with the pricing and location from where did you pick this up? i have planning from a long time.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Is there a Suncross dealer in bangalore?

I need a hardtail for exercising and offroading trips during weekends. I am thinking about getting a cannondale F9, Trek 4300 or Merida 510 A. I also wanted to test drive a Suncross.
Old 18th December 2009, 12:05   #13
BHPian

Suncross Bikes all the suncross lovers
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

I developed an interest in cycling because of this thread. I bought a Cannondale F9 from Tracks and Trails in bangalore. I am on holiday now and going for small rides on the bicycle. Thoroughly enjoying it after a gap of 15 years.

I will post the pictures soon.
Old 19th August 2010, 08:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

My Bike got stolen on last thursday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks