Team-BHP - What to do ? AVL and STD.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   What to do ? AVL and STD. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/71593-what-do-avl-std-3.html)

Hey DesiDeep ...Just Liked this thread expansion and diversity of the remake
not to mention the 8 pistons ..Lost ...<b>AMEN..</b>

Keep us posted and would like Pics as Cant see the BIke in real FLESH & Blood

Untill then ,

ENFIELD PRIDE !!!

TND

would like to see flashes & pics of the BIke
As cant see it in Real FLESH & BLOOD

Loads of Gyan for us Newbies
keep it updated ...

Untill then ...

ENFIELD PRIDE

(TND)

A question what oil presure gauge do i fit ? i if any one has a photo that would be real good.

some thing real stupid happened. we had to open a breather on the crank case so that was done on the top of oil tank. and we had sealed off the two big holes in the timing side of the crank case. now there was no place to release the pressure of the crank case. so the engine is being reopened to make a small hole on the wall of the oil-tank and the crank chamber.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1720105)
some thing real stupid happened. we had to open a breather on the crank case so that was done on the top of oil tank. and we had sealed off the two big holes in the timing side of the crank case. now there was no place to release the pressure of the crank case. so the engine is being reopened to make a small hole on the wall of the oil-tank and the crank chamber.

Desideep,

Please don't seal a single vent. What I did last week on my LB500 was I closed the timing case vent on the catch can. I left the other end of the timing case vent open with a small pipe so that the engine can breathe. Note that the main crankcase vent was left untouched. What followed was erratic response from the carburetor, spitbacks and next to impossible starting on a hot engine. I don't run an electric start. So starting the Lb500 in traffic became a veritable nightmare. After an hour of analyzing what has happened, I found that the hot oil vapors which should have gone back to the timing case was now escaping through the side panel from the catch can. The effect was magnified as I am running a free flow pod filter. The filter started struggling for air and I could her and intake whine which I almost mistook for something terribly wrong in the engine. Finally ended up reconnecting everything to stock. Thankfully, things are fine like before.

Cheers,

Jay

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 1720373)
Desideep,

Please don't seal a single vent. What I did last week on my LB500 was I closed the timing case vent on the catch can. I left the other end of the timing case vent open with a small pipe so that the engine can breathe. Note that the main crankcase vent was left untouched. What followed was erratic response from the carburetor, spitbacks and next to impossible starting on a hot engine. I don't run an electric start. So starting the Lb500 in traffic became a veritable nightmare. After an hour of analyzing what has happened, I found that the hot oil vapors which should have gone back to the timing case was now escaping through the side panel from the catch can. The effect was magnified as I am running a free flow pod filter. The filter started struggling for air and I could her and intake whine which I almost mistook for something terribly wrong in the engine. Finally ended up reconnecting everything to stock. Thankfully, things are fine like before.

Cheers,

Jay

Hey jay i am not talking about the vents at the catch can those wents were inside the timing side of the crank case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1723021)
Hey jay i am not talking about the vents at the catch can those wents were inside the timing side of the crank case.

I plugged the one at the catch can and left the one at the timing case open, with just a small pipe coming off it. This was enough to case spitbacks, hard starting on a hot engine and overall effect of the engine struggling to breathe on a hot engine. My LB500 behaved normally on a cold/ warm engine though.

Cheers,

Jay

hey Jay, i was facing the same problem. the engine was spiting too much of oil. so we used the catch can to gather the oil and put it back to the timming case.

-----------------------

The bike has been started it sounds real fine. will ride it allday on saturday. will post a report soon. man it was a long time

Oh well Deep , I m sure it was a long time waiting
Awaiting to know more from you on this thread

Regards
TND

hey sorry all i have been every busy to write down my experience with the bike after being done.

===============

The only problem rite now that i am facing is that the exaust tappet goes loose with in 200 KM's. i have to get it fixed frequently.

The motorcycle over all runs good. i have not taken it above 90 though that was just one single dash after 600 Km's on just 60 KMPH. i did 600 KM's in the first week of geting the bike back. since then not much progress done only another 300. have to get the bike serviced.

another problem i have noticed is that the bikes makes GHUU GHUU sound from the clutch case when i switch on the head light i am sure some thing is wrong with the electricals. have to get it checked though once of twice i felt that when i turn on the light there has been a bit change in the way the bike runs but i cant confirm.

all the old stuff is with me if any one wants any let me know.

I have also planed to buy a P220s just incase the bullet breaks cause i am not going to get any major break down fixed now. only small problems and simple nigles would be taken care off. so if my bullet breaks down all the parts will be up for grabs and that too for free. hehehe so people who want free parts please pray that my bullet breaks down. and courteous people please pray that my love for the bullets continue.

Thanks

Keep Thumping
Amber aka Desi D
-------
PS. will update in a day of two after the serviceing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1788683)
hey sorry all i have been every busy to write down my experience with the bike after being done.

===============

The only problem rite now that i am facing is that the exaust tappet goes loose with in 200 KM's. i have to get it fixed frequently.

The motorcycle over all runs good. i have not taken it above 90 though that was just one single dash after 600 Km's on just 60 KMPH. i did 600 KM's in the first week of geting the bike back. since then not much progress done only another 300. have to get the bike serviced.

another problem i have noticed is that the bikes makes GHUU GHUU sound from the clutch case when i switch on the head light i am sure some thing is wrong with the electricals. have to get it checked though once of twice i felt that when i turn on the light there has been a bit change in the way the bike runs but i cant confirm.

all the old stuff is with me if any one wants any let me know.

I have also planed to buy a P220s just incase the bullet breaks cause i am not going to get any major break down fixed now. only small problems and simple nigles would be taken care off. so if my bullet breaks down all the parts will be up for grabs and that too for free. hehehe so people who want free parts please pray that my bullet breaks down. and courteous people please pray that my love for the bullets continue.

Thanks

Keep Thumping
Amber aka Desi D
-------
PS. will update in a day of two after the serviceing.

ok i will go to mandir today onlylol:
btw any WIP pics to share
you and 220?
how is RX running?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 1788776)
ok i will go to mandir today onlylol:
btw any WIP pics to share
you and 220?
how is RX running?

hahaha,

no sorry not too many pics. but yes will try to post some. actually havent had much time lately. yes i am getting a 220 S, rx is doing perfectly fine the engine and stuff has been painted black and the rest of the bike would be repainted soon.

------------
UPDATE
------------

The bike has been running fine just completed 1000 KMs today when coming to the office. the GHUU GHUU sound is gone as i got the alternator changed. now the bike is running smooth and no JHATKA's. planning to go for a ride to NARKANDA soon. will be back the next day.

Hi Thumpers and Enthusiasts.

Update about the running of the bullet,

So I have completed around 16000 KM's after the rebuild that includes some trips to Bathinda from NCR, two trips to Chandigarh from Delhi, some trips to Karnal.

I think that the bullet is performing nicely. The only problem that I am facing from day one is the Engine oil is being burnt I think that is because of the extremely High pressure.

----------------------
New change that I want to make.

I have had a Flat in last some days that makes me feel like having Alloys and Tubeless.

I dint like any of the Rado and Parado wheels that are found in the market.

I have planned to get the Karizma alloys

Can any one please calculate the Difference in circumference with the following details?

Current setup. Stock

Want to get: front 90/90 - 18
Rear 110/80 - 18.

Help me please I want to see how much difference would be in the circumference. So that I can decide on the gearing...

And needless to day if I am going to get this setup it would automatically come with a front disk and may come with a rear disk as well.

Above all I am loving it not to spend any more on Pistons.

It may or may not be the case but I was reading that some of the older Royal Enfields have a two position oil filler cap (not counting it being removed).

In the first locking position the crankcase ventilation system is open and functioning.
In the pushed down and locked second position the crankcase ventilation system is plugged. This was intended to be used when transporting the bike on a truck or trailer.

If the motorcycle is operated with the crankcase ventilation system plugged it will develop high internal crankcase pressures that will cause oil to be blown out of various places and will cause oil to be blown up past the pistons rings where it will be burned.

You may want to check your filler cap to see if it is one of the old fashioned ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaJim (Post 2538007)
It may or may not be the case but I was reading that some of the older Royal Enfields have a two position oil filler cap (not counting it being removed).

In the first locking position the crankcase ventilation system is open and functioning.
In the pushed down and locked second position the crankcase ventilation system is plugged. This was intended to be used when transporting the bike on a truck or trailer.

If the motorcycle is operated with the crankcase ventilation system plugged it will develop high internal crankcase pressures that will cause oil to be blown out of various places and will cause oil to be blown up past the pistons rings where it will be burned.

You may want to check your filler cap to see if it is one of the old fashioned ones.

Hey Jim thanks for the reply. but i am not facing anny problems with the engine rite now its running like a dream, all i want is the Wheels to be sorted.