Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 09:47   #16
BHPian

@Shardul. thanx. i am fine now. yea. complete makeover could be done under 10K i guess.
For now. Let her rest in garage for few months.

hey Sheel. good too see you on t-bhp. You sold it your zma ?
No re. jeans.
A good Bionic Knee guard could have saved my knee.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:08   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
hey Sheel. good too see you on t-bhp. You sold it your zma ?
No re. jeans.
A good Bionic Knee guard could have saved my knee.
Ya man, sold the 'zma in feb '09(riding the yamaha twins)
i too was thinking the same but have dropped the idea and would go for riding pants, they are way better(cramster is extremely VFM) but the catch is while commuting, you simply can't(i cannot, have to stop 20 times and get off in 8kms i commute)
though the cramster knee guard is a deal at Rs.1500

you have a spare bike to commute or would be commuting by car?

^^for commuting purposes where you can stuff your stuff(lol) at the office, knee protectors make a good point,else for sunday rides/touring riding pants anyday

Last edited by Sheel : 4th February 2010 at 10:12.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:27   #18
BHPian

insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Nisarg mann! that IS some serious damage..why dont you give it for insurance? will save money as well. Thank God that you are safe..

wishing you a speedy recovery mate!
would not recommend the insurance portion, plastic parts hardly give any value for money for the insurance and the no claim bonus goes for a toss. save up mate and bite the bullet.
Old 5th February 2010, 14:31   #19
kunal781

My second accident was on my 2 months old Karizma which happened in 2005, something similar to yours. I was riding at 55-60, had just got my clutch lever setting done to suit me and on my way home this dog ran across the road. Instinct was to jam the brakes and unfortunately I lost balance after the front wheel was on top of dogs neck. I was hardly able to reduce speed before falling down.

The feeling when my right knee hit the ground was so intense, I was certain I`ll never walk again. But thankfully all that happened was some very serious bruising.
Both my palms were skin-less for a week, right elbow bone was visible through the wound and the knee took two months recover.

I still remember my bike sliding on the concrete road and the gold exhaust pipe leaving trails of sparks.

But this is when I realised, on the bike you have to compensate for other mistake (cars/bikes) and dodge cattle and dogs too. This you cant change, but makes you a mature and safe rider. The worst part was, the dog died in about 5 minutes, his neck had broken which was the lowest point of that day.

Get the bike fixed with genuine parts, will cost you some money but I hope you have insurance. Also a very important thing is to get your bike forks checked properly as the HH forks are known to get misaligned after crashes. The rear cowl is something that rattles if not replaced.

Once done, get abck ont he road ASAP.

Old 3rd June 2010, 01:07   #20
BHPian

After almost 3 months i gave it for service at castrol bike zone (mithakhali).

Service List.
Front Fork Oil Seal - 113
Tee-Stem Machining - 150
LHS handle Bar - 50 Battery Charge - 30
Castrol Fork Oil - 51
S.L. Falser - 100
brake Switch Fr. - 40
Timing Cover Packing - 17
Balancer Pipe Kit - 86
Steering Con Set - 256
Castrol King Service - 355
Accelerator Cable - 97
Clutch Cable - 90

Service center is own by one of my very good friend. He is also authorized K&N dealer.

Now the front fairing part. I asked around few HHSC for Original Front fairing. But in yellow colour it is not available anywhere. Old ZMA parts are tough to get especially cosmetic. Bike zone showed me vendor based fairing(Duplicate). of course Finishing and quality is not as good as original. also colour is not matching(19-20 ka farak) with my original yellow colour. so i dropped the idea for fairing as of now.

Rear cowls were fixed by fevi-quick. super holding with no rattling.

Another option is to get my bike done in All Black (ZMA-R). coz black fairing and cowls are easily available. Only thing i have to paint is Petrol Tank which can be done for 1000 bucks. Full black can be done for around 5K. including front fairing, tank, side cowls and rear tail light cowl.

All in all bike seems to be breathe more and acceleration is rocket. will post the pics tomorrow with LHS fairing missing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks