Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Dear fz_rider, could you post some pictures of your ride as it stands now? From the pictures posted, I could make out that the bike had aged phenomenally well. Which means great paint job, very good parts etc. etc.
Right now I dont have any new pics . But i'll surely post the pics as soon as I click some .
Old 5th January 2012, 21:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: 10000 kms report of yamaha fz-16

My ride's got new shoes !
Attached Thumbnails
10000 kms report of yamaha fz-16-dsc00005.jpg  

10000 kms report of yamaha fz-16-dsc00007_2.jpg  

Old 5th January 2012, 23:04   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
My ride's got new shoes !
Lovely. What brand are these and how much did they cost you?
Old 6th January 2012, 10:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

The rear one is a Continental , the one which comes with CBR 250 . The front one are regular MRF's !
Old 8th January 2012, 18:10   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
The rear one is a Continental , the one which comes with CBR 250 . The front one are regular MRF's !
Good review. What is the current mileage you are getting.
Old 7th December 2012, 21:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

It's been 4 years . Time flies by ! But the love for my bike is same , I may say . I think , I can share with everyone about the bike , as much as I can .
Lets start with replacements . The chain set has been replaced , and so are the tyres . The rear one is the 140/70 ContiGo now. I may say that the grip levels don't match that of MRF Revz . But the cushioning is better . One strange problem I'm facing is , when the tyre pressure go up a little bit , at a particular speed , vibes are creeping in . Need to show it to the service center . If somehow MRF is able to increase the life of tyre , I'll always prefer the Revz for the grip levels .
Another problem that the Fz riders , is that , the ride is a bit harsh . The suspension can be set soft , and I'm going to soften the springs and see is there any relief . No matter it's going to affect the handling . But for urban commuting , I think ride is more important .
Secondly , I have to work on the front springs , as there is persistent problem of oil leakage . And I think the same problem has been faced by some other riders .
The paint finish still pretty fresh , the panels still hold pretty well , and the economy stands around 40 KMPL .
That's it !
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 20:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

5 years, and it just feels yesterday! When R 15 and Fz were showcased at the 2008 Auto show, all the attention was towards the track focused R 15! I must admit, it was R 15 which garnered my attention. Although Fz was showcased, it played more of a side hero role. Immediately followed the spy pics. But it was then, when I saw R 15 in person, it looked a bit small, and realized, riding 30 kms+ a day would be a task. By the time R 15 was launched, spy pics of Fz started rolling, and the first pic that I saw, was that of rear three quarters! Boy, the massive rear tyre, my eyes popped out. It looked like a bike of quarter litre (and above) category. Those beefy looks were just mesmerizing. I just kept tracking all the development.
And then came the launch day. I usually research a lot, the same I did while buying the bike, but it was simply heart over head this time. I was truly smitten by its persona! For me it was a perfect bike, healthy spec sheet, superb quality, and the icing on the cake was the pricing.
My bike was amongst first few in the city, I enjoyed every bit of attention, and till this day it has the same charm. The quality of bike is top notch, the parts have aged well. It's commendable that the bike has held its own in these 5 years. There is simply no competition, Honda has tried twice, but didn't succeed. For quite a some time it was the bread winner for Yamaha, and still moves decent numbers.
It had its little niggles over the period of time, but once you are smitten, you just let it pass. I won't mind Yamaha continue with this timeless design for 5 more years, all I wish was a little more power!
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks