Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 12:29   #31
BHPian

Armyman, like already suggested you need to check with your doctor if riding a bike may aggravate your back problem but if looking for only some week-end rides you should go for one of the Classic models (or dare I say even a TBTS if you are not bent on having only a "Bullet")

From personal experience I can tell you that it is very easy on the back even for longer rides. C350/500 should be similar riding positions although with differences in terms of seats and handle position.
Old 21st January 2010, 13:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
if you can wait for a month , there is a news that bullet 500 will be coming in carb version
Hmm thats a news where did you get this from CHirag jee..
Old 21st January 2010, 16:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

got it from auto expo Royal Enfield stall

but news is not "PAKKA"

and also RE 500 machismo will be hitting the roads around feb end ... let's see
Old 21st January 2010, 16:37   #34
BHPian

I've made the booking. I'm sure ill be allowed to switch to the carbed 500 on request since I'll be waiting for 4 months anyway.
Old 21st January 2010, 17:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
I've made the booking. I'm sure ill be allowed to switch to the carbed 500 on request since I'll be waiting for 4 months anyway.
Hey Grease Monk, Congraualtions on you booking.

Just was curious to know, what was the amount you required for the booking at this time and just a brief of what kind of documents need to be submitted at this time?
Old 21st January 2010, 17:38   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Hey Grease Monk, Congraualtions on you booking.

Just was curious to know, what was the amount you required for the booking at this time and just a brief of what kind of documents need to be submitted at this time?
Thanks Mantrig.

No documentation required. Just the Rs. 10,000 as the minimum booking amount. You have to fill out a form provided by the dealer with your contact details, the model booked, colour, wether you plan to pay in cash or finance it or yet to decide, finance details if available (not required at time of booking), cheque/DD/credit/debit number. If you are paying by card they will make a copy of your address proof (i.e. license).
Old 21st January 2010, 18:10   #37
BHPian

Go for KARIZMA ZMA,Get Honda Reliability and forget about maintenance issues.Why to own a bike which will give you problems,make you go for frequent garage trips and also make you pay more in money and time.Why?
But if you are the one who yearns for bullets from his heart,is mad about its nostalgic pride and blah blah things,forget my above suggestion buy a CLASSIC.
Old 21st January 2010, 23:14   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
Thanks Mantrig.

No documentation required. Just the Rs. 10,000 as the minimum booking amount. You have to fill out a form provided by the dealer with your contact details, the model booked, colour, wether you plan to pay in cash or finance it or yet to decide, finance details if available (not required at time of booking), cheque/DD/credit/debit number. If you are paying by card they will make a copy of your address proof (i.e. license).
Thank you for your prompt reply, Sirji.

I read "CREDIT" - If I can charge my card nothing like it, 6 EMI @ 0% ***Conditions Apply + Miles that I will earn.

But, thats only if they accept credit cards, else .
Old 21st January 2010, 23:33   #39
BHPian

Yes, they accept credit cards. There is a service charge of 1.57% for both credit & debit cards.
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:24   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Go for KARIZMA ZMA,Get Honda Reliability and forget about maintenance issues.Why to own a bike which will give you problems,make you go for frequent garage trips and also make you pay more in money and time.Why?
errr he already booked a Classic.

Congrats on the booking GreaseMonk.
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:32   #41
BHPian

Hey, good decision greasemonk. I guess its always once an RE, always an RE.

Hope you keep riding your current steed as well after you get your C5
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:05   #42
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Grease monk congrats on your decision, going for the heart is always the best decision as even if it means more effort later, there is not though of "What if?" later.

If the carbo variant or a new machismo comes on later, they they would let you switch the bookings but I guess the time frames would shoot up further.
Old 24th May 2010, 06:46   #43
BHPian

Hi GreaseMonk. Went through your thread. Your first post was great dude!! Did you get the delivery of the C500? Any ownership experience coming our way?
Old 24th May 2010, 07:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Just a small doubt grease monk. Did you consider the Apache 160/180 before shortlisting to the c500 and P220?
I rode my friends Apache 160 and it's highly flickable. On highways it's said to be very composed.
Old 24th May 2010, 13:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhkris View Post
Hi GreaseMonk. Went through your thread. Your first post was great dude!! Did you get the delivery of the C500? Any ownership experience coming our way?
Haha, not yet. Booked it in the 3rd week of Jan and it still isn't ready! Went to the showroom last week and they said it would most likely only be delivered next month (no specific date mentioned though). Still on waiting list number 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Just a small doubt grease monk. Did you consider the Apache 160/180 before shortlisting to the c500 and P220?
I rode my friends Apache 160 and it's highly flickable. On highways it's said to be very composed.
My only issue with the Apache is its aggressive seating position. I wasn't entirely comfortable with the position of the P220 itself which I believe is less aggressive than the Apache.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks