Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2011, 21:45   #1561
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield 500 Classic 4100 km Ownership Review

Another goof up made by RE service station:

I got my sprag replaced at 6k,when I had to tow the bike to service station,as the kick had also jammed.
They changed my sprag with the so called "Modified Sprag",which was supposed to take care of the infamous Enfield Sprag history.

However to my surprise,sprag went kaput at 11k again(recently) & unfortunately I was out of the warranty period by full 2 months.
I talked to the RE service engineer & reported the fact of a modified one breaking down,hence to get my sprag replaced for free.

Here comes the twist,when I got the sprag checked at the same old service station,mechanic took my sprag & fled to the manager,ignoring my questions about what happened.
After some long, behind the curtain discussions & repeated queries from my side they called it an old model sprag & displayed some heightened surprise on it not being a modified one.

So to summarize,I was cheated at first place,when they fixed an old sprag calling it a modified one.
Eventually,after some arguments & help from RE service engineer,they changed my sprag to a MODIFIED one this time.

So am not that unhappy now but still you cannot trust whats cooking with these people.
Old 12th April 2011, 13:59   #1562
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hey Terminator,
which service station is this? I hope they did not charge you for this new and improved sprag. If they did, pls raise the issue with higher authorities @ Eicher and RE.
Even my sprag was replace at about 4.5 k on odo. So far its been holding fine. Hope they put the improved sprag as i was not present when the change happened. Anyhow, the ES is not as crisp as it initially use to be.
Old 12th April 2011, 15:42   #1563
BHPian

Hey Nasir,
Nope they at least didn't charged me for that sprag,else I would have drank their blood.
BTW Nasir these enfields can never start like japs on ES,I wonder why cant RE install a Sprag or Denso of a quality that turns it on always at 1st crank???
Pulsars and all start at a slight push of the button even after a months time in garage.
You know after 2 sprag failures and frequent start up issues ,my hand is at my heart while pressing the ES.

BTW Nasir,you running on a LB500 handle bar?
Just one word answer from all,which handlebar is best for C5:

RD350 or LB500?
Old 12th April 2011, 17:41   #1564
BHPian

With the newly designed sprang the failure rate has come down a lot. However one can never be sure. I urge all owners to share their experiences on parts replacement, post warranty, so that none of the owner gets duped by RE. Please clearly specify whether the part was paid for, or replaced free of cost..........just in case somebody else suffers the same failure, he or she may be able to negotiate with RE accordingly. Cheers !!
Old 13th April 2011, 11:23   #1565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW Nasir these enfields can never start like japs on ES,I wonder why cant RE install a Sprag or Denso of a quality that turns it on always at 1st crank???
INFACT the C5 uses DENSO make starter motor.
But i guess its the sytem (in which the denso is just a sub-system), which is not up to the mark.

Quote:

RD350 or LB500?
If you are around 5'9", weigh around 70-80 kgs, normal built - RD 350.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:09   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
Can any of the very latest owners of C5 such as aruncheloor update a photo (the riders view angle) of the handle bar on their C5. I think RE changed it to a newly designed one. thanks Cheers.

Well these are pics of my best buddy's and i would like to know what which would be the suitable handle the Lb500 or is this one appropriate. According to my buddy he doesnt have any problem with this handle bar in city conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-dsc01183.jpg  

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-dsc01186.jpg  

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-dsc01190.jpg  

Old 13th April 2011, 13:52   #1567
BHPian

Can i fix a Tank Grille like this on to my CL500's existing fuel tank without re-painting?

Royal Enfield Zone - Fuel Tanks for Royal Enfield Bullet, Electra, Machismo, Thunderbird, Standard :: Royal Enfield Zone, New Delhi, India

I wish to add a double-side number plate on to my front mudguard too. Is it possible? That too without touching the paint.

Royal Enfield Zone - Fuel Tanks for Royal Enfield Bullet, Electra, Machismo, Thunderbird, Standard :: Royal Enfield Zone, New Delhi, India

The experts like Randhawa can throw some light i believe.
Old 13th April 2011, 14:02   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Can any of the very latest owners of C5 such as aruncheloor update a photo (the riders view angle) of the handle bar on their C5. I think RE changed it to a newly designed one. thanks Cheers.
sorry that i missed this post. Here is mine..
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-500-fb4.jpg  

Old 13th April 2011, 15:02   #1569
BHPian

Thanks arun, your bike comes with the new upgraded handlebar. But only you would know how comfortable this is.....thanks and cheers !!
Old 14th April 2011, 19:58   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks arun, your bike comes with the new upgraded handlebar. But only you would know how comfortable this is.....thanks and cheers !!
by the looks of the pic i think it is the same handlebar but turned a little more upwards. dont you think so?
Old 14th April 2011, 20:11   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Can i fix a Tank Grille like this on to my CL500's existing fuel tank without re-painting? ... I wish to add a double-side number plate on to my front mudguard too. Is it possible? That too without touching the paint. ...
hello Arun for your new ride. sold your T'bird?
It is possible to fix both without repaint just it'll need a skilled hand & some patience. Drill the tank/ mudguard for bolting points. Use an adhesive to locate fastener which sits inside tank and an epoxy sealant for leak proofing.
Old 15th April 2011, 08:59   #1572
BHPian

The new handlebar gives you almost identical sitting posture. The only advantage I see in it, is that it can be pulled a little towards the rider so that you strech a little less than the standard bar.

My service engineer tried the old CI bushes in the swing arm to control high speed instability. His feedback is that although this cures the instability but arises some new problems. Hence he has decided to revert to the old set up of nylon bushes.......he did not disclose what the other problem was !! Still wondering because, Randhawa has used this setup without reporting any issues. Will wait longer still, till RE finds a fool proof solution.

Last edited by bradhey : 15th April 2011 at 09:02.
Old 15th April 2011, 12:30   #1573
Senior - BHPian

@ Randhawa:

Could you please share the process of cleaning the EFI. a step by step process with some pics would be great. (i know thats asking a lot).

Ideally i would want to try and clean the injector to see if it makes any difference to the jerks described earlier, which has now become predominant and a pain in the butt. But looking at them, with so many sensor wires around that area, appears a bit complex. Some encouragement would be a Plus.

If its not too complex, and if it does not require any special tool, i would want to give it a shot. I have lost all trust in the RE support system.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:06   #1574
BHPian

@ Bradhey: I dont have anything to complain about the handlebar at all.

@ Renjjie: Yes buddy. sold off my Tbird. Mechs dont have such patience these days. Im scared of them messing up my whole paint.
Old 15th April 2011, 18:30   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
@ Randhawa:

Could you please share the process of cleaning the EFI. a step by step process with some pics would be great. (i know thats asking a lot).

Ideally i would want to try and clean the injector to see if it makes any difference to the jerks described earlier, which has now become predominant and a pain in the butt. But looking at them, with so many sensor wires around that area, appears a bit complex. Some encouragement would be a Plus.

If its not too complex, and if it does not require any special tool, i would want to give it a shot. I have lost all trust in the RE support system.
My bike suffered the jerk (albeit only little at slow to medium speeds). RE changed my plug with a new Bosch Platinum, and its rolling smooth. If you wish I can check and let you know the exact part number.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks