Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 20:52   #1816
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield 500 Classic 4100 km Ownership Review

@si1ver0ne
Hmmm, now that you mention it, it makes sense. My understanding of the difference between Classic 500 and CLassic Chrome 500 is limited to the change on color scheme and nothing else. The rest of the spec remains exactly the same. So until the RE production capacity increases (post the new plant - in 2 years), RE will be producing the same number of bikes and decide on how to allocate Classic vs. Classic Chrome based on the demand.

I am sure that there would be many who would either switch to Classic Chrome or would be lured by the Chrome magic to take a plunge once the bookings open. It would be interesting to see how RE manages the expectations of the Chrome customers - it would be ridiculous to make at least the first 100 (or maybe more) customers wait for a newly launched product. I have never followed the new product launches with so much interest - now I will.

In fact I myself had spoken, rather pestered Teknik to allow me to make additional booking for the Chrome version with the plan delivery of whichever model I get first. But then the weekend events unfolded and now I will not be exercising that option.
Old 26th September 2011, 20:55   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Chrome in black/maroon + Desert colour to be launched on 29 September

Above models should be on display at the respective RE dealers across India on 29 sep. Booking time is minimum 6 months but may change later on. Will be expensive then the current C5 range by 10-15k extra. New Delhi Ex-showroom price will be around 1.45 to 1.5L but nothing confirmed yet.

New upgrade on C5 fuel tank+ twin horn setup

It has been while since C5 has been coming with new fuel tank but I was lazy to report it on here.

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-img_0063.jpg
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-img_0061.jpg
Although it has spoiled the clean cut seams on the tank and some of you might have missed it on visual inspection. Earlier were prone to leakages at the welds but with new ones, spot welding method has been used to construct the fuel tanks. You will see a zip like impression on the seams and that should take care of any leakages in future.

C5 is coming with twin horns for a while now and previously they were coming with just the wiring for twin horns so if you have the pre wired C5 for the twin horn then you should be able to get the twin horns fitted. It's perfect for road use and loud enough for safety sake.

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-img_0062.jpg

Last edited by Randhawa : 26th September 2011 at 20:57.
Old 26th September 2011, 21:07   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoghe View Post
@nareshtrao
I hope to receive the bike by 3rd or 04th of Oct. If you are planning on doing what I did, then I would suggest that you wait till I get the bike and figure out if there are additional steps in order to drive it freely in Bangalore. Now I can afford to preach the virtues of patience . Besides the last I checked with Teknik they were servicing the Jan 2011 orders, so yours would be around the corner. I pass that road everyday and within the last one week I have been seeing more new bikes coming in (with the protective wrapping) - so hold on buddy, RE willing you shall get your bike soon.
Appreciate your kind words. I really hope that you are right and since they are servicing Jan order, I should get mine soon. If you drop in there, please do look u the list and let me know via a post. Your gesture would be deeply appreciated.
Old 26th September 2011, 22:17   #1819
BHPian

@nareshtrao
The last I checked with them was on 17th Sep. I went to Teknik motors on Sarjapur Road, where I have booked mine. At that time the lady told me that they are fulfilling the Jan orders and also showed me the order book. Basically I go there every weekend, pester them with question around how I can speed up my delivery and then beg for a test ride once more. This weekend too I will do the same and check when they would start with Feb orders and how many orders that they have from Feb etc. Will keep you posted.
Old 26th September 2011, 22:21   #1820
BHPian

Re: new c5

does new C5 too have the holes marked in pic? if so what for.
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-tbox.jpg
Old 26th September 2011, 23:38   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Today I was told that i will definitely get a call in October. I hope so too..
I'd suggest that you go to the showroom in person more often. I know its a pain travelling to and fro but it helps if they can somehow remember your name and face. Most people call for inquiries, very few visit the showroom.
datvichrox2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 00:20   #1822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogentr View Post
@ Guru Randhawa..

Have you explored the feasibility of fitting a rear disk break on the C5? Will that be a good idea..?
Yup, had everything planned in my head but realised that it would have been a waste of money and no real benefit from it. We really don't need a rear disc brake on a C5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
does new C5 too have the holes marked in pic? if so what for.
Attachment 615466
It's been there for a decade or so. First appeared on CI 500 which had the PAV installed in the LHS tool box and the pipe went in through the hole where the black rubber is. I think RE used the old design or their vendor and just modified to fit into the C5. Don't remember the tiny hole, will check the tiny one and let you know.
Old 27th September 2011, 06:30   #1823
BHPian

Any permanent solution to sprag clutch issue? When it happened 1st under warranty they replaced with some improved version but again after 6months it happens again & I am out of warranty. I guess I need to check my Auto decom too.

Can anyone suggest what I should be looking for if my Auto decom is faulty ?
Old 27th September 2011, 10:21   #1824

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogentr View Post
@ Guru Randhawa..

Have you explored the feasibility of fitting a rear disk break on the C5? Will that be a good idea..?
Gd day Cogentr
I had asked of the same question in the other discussion titled for CL500 New Buyers and you may want to read the two replies that i received here
Old 27th September 2011, 11:25   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Chrome in black/maroon + Desert colour to be launched on 29 September
============
Attachment 615439
Hey Randhawa, any idea if the mods are limited to CL500 only or even the new CL350's get the same upgrades? I would assume that the mods would be a standard upgrade for both, but on calling the bandra showroom here in mumbai, I was given as answer that they have no idea!!!
Old 27th September 2011, 17:02   #1826
BHPian

@click
I have seen the twin horn setup on 350 as well when I last visited the showroom. Not sure about the fuel tank mod that Randhawa mentioned.
Old 27th September 2011, 17:46   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoghe
@click
I have seen the twin horn setup on 350 as well when I last visited the showroom. Not sure about the fuel tank mod that Randhawa mentioned.
Check out your bebe.
Attached Images

Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 17:53   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth_menon
Any permanent solution to sprag clutch issue? When it happened 1st under warranty they replaced with some improved version but again after 6months it happens again & I am out of warranty. I guess I need to check my Auto decom too.

Can anyone suggest what I should be looking for if my Auto decom is faulty ?
If it happened again then you did not get the new sprag. What makes you say your sprag is gone? Is your idle rpm above 1000?

@click -only difference would be the colour scheme.

Last edited by Randhawa : 27th September 2011 at 17:55.
Old 27th September 2011, 22:38   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
[b]
New upgrade on C5 fuel tank+ twin horn setup

It has been while since C5 has been coming with new fuel tank but I was lazy to report it on here.
Attachment 615439
Yes, these updates are present in my Aug C5, I was told the tank was from the export model and made its way to my C5 by mistake..

Till date I have not noticed any jerks, so believe it is the new mapping..
Noticing the following issues (are they issues really or is it just me?) ..
- Noticing the tappet noise.
- False neutrals between 3-4-5
- Vibrations when riding around 50-60 in top gear.. the rear view mirror is rendered useless..
getting very scared of piston slap, trying my best to maintain the fine balance of not riding too slow and not pushing the engine too much..
noticed marked change after the first oil change @ 500KM
Old 27th September 2011, 22:44   #1830
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry, you have to finish running in first for 2k then things will get better. Just thump along..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks