Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:32   #16
BHPian

Nice pics abhishek.
Why your bike not have multi focal reflector type headlamp?
There are two bike in first snap?

One suggestion:
There is rubber tube, which connect the PAV to carburetor. It is of a very third grade quality from RE. Replace it with a good one otherwise there will be problem of idling and smooth running.
Old 2nd April 2010, 16:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Nice pics abhishek.
Why your bike not have multi focal reflector type headlamp?
There are two bike in first snap?

One suggestion:
There is rubber tube, which connect the PAV to carburetor. It is of a very third grade quality from RE. Replace it with a good one otherwise there will be problem of idling and smooth running.
@Alok,
Even I was expecting the headlamp to be multi focal reflector one. But the dealer said the last edition of bullet is coming with normal reflector itself.

Yeah there are 2 bikes in the first snap. The one in the left is mine and the other one belongs to my friend Guru. Both of us had booked this bike.

And yes that rubber tube which you mentioned is of very low quality. Observed now. Thanks for the suggestion. Will be changing it over the weekend.

Also the toolbox and the airfilter box doesnt come with rubber beeding. There is sufficient gap between box and the cover for water to squeeze through. Currently i have got a normal rubber beeding and fixed it. Have to wait and see how long this will hold good.
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:25   #18
BHPian

hey
have you put in those gas shocks and the electra seat or it came from the showroom?
and in the 3rd pic what are those 3 white scratches on the tool box?
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:43   #19
BHPian

I am not sure about gas shocks but electra seat & handle bar has became standard from 2008 in Std. 350.
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
hey
have you put in those gas shocks and the electra seat or it came from the showroom?
and in the 3rd pic what are those 3 white scratches on the tool box?
The electra seat and electra handle came from showroom itself. Since the production was to be stopped in Feb, the company released RE Standard 350 SE model, which came with electra sear, handle and the tacho.

I got the replacement for stock shocks to these gas ones. I have gas shocks on my pulsar and found it very comfortable compared to normal ones. So me and my friend decided to put gas shocks in this too.

The 3 white marks you find on the tool box are not the scratches I took this pic after coming from my temple. The three white marks is the 'vibuthi' which they put in temple.
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _abhishek View Post
The electra seat and electra handle came from showroom itself. Since the production was to be stopped in Feb, the company released RE Standard 350 SE model, which came with electra sear, handle and the tacho.
What is this SE model? Is it stamped/ printed anywhare in your bike? if yes please post the pics. Please also post the snap of instrument consoul with techometer.
Thanks
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
RE Standard 350 SE model, which came with electra sear, handle and the tacho.

ahem! tacho did you say? and where is it located on the bike?
Old 4th April 2010, 04:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

He must be talking about the ammeter.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 4th April 2010, 08:10   #24
BHPian

Tacho on a bullet STD 350 ? Are you sure ? Please show the pic.
Old 4th April 2010, 11:39   #25
BHPian

on a STD 350, a tacho is not possible. coz of point ignition :(
Old 4th April 2010, 15:14   #26
BHPian

Good point shan2129,
If possible. please elaborate working of electrical tachometer.
Old 4th April 2010, 15:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey RE tribe members I've joined in late but I am glad and a proud owner of a 1962 RE (England) and glad to acquire 2009 RE STD and with my experience I can say this bike is definately different for all the other species of RE. STD has never failed me for what I expect from her. I need to do a photo shoot for her and will post some for your eyes.

Congratulations to all the tribe members. I also have the same blood group called RE.
Old 4th April 2010, 19:38   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
I am not sure about gas shocks but electra seat & handle bar has became standard from 2008 in Std. 350.
Nothing like that in mumbai I got my Standard in August 09. There was only 1 model of Standard that was being sold.

Quote:

I got the replacement for stock shocks to these gas ones. I have gas shocks on my pulsar and found it very comfortable compared to normal ones. So me and my friend decided to put gas shocks in this too.

The 3 white marks you find on the tool box are not the scratches I took this pic after coming from my temple. The three white marks is the 'vibuthi' which they put in temple.
Ohk i did not know that

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
on a STD 350, a tacho is not possible. coz of point ignition :(
It is possible to plonk in a tacho in a points ignition. http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com...large92600.jpg

He probably means the Speedometer and ammeter have white dials instead of black

Last edited by iron : 4th April 2010 at 19:44.
Old 4th April 2010, 21:07   #29
BHPian

Sorry for the confusion guys. I meant the speedometer and the amp meter in the instrument console and not the tachometer.
Old 4th April 2010, 21:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Hey RE tribe members I've joined in late but I am glad and a proud owner of a 1962 RE (England) and glad to acquire 2009 RE STD and with my experience I can say this bike is definately different for all the other species of RE. STD has never failed me for what I expect from her. I need to do a photo shoot for her and will post some for your eyes.

Congratulations to all the tribe members. I also have the same blood group called RE.
Congrats Chanu.

You've got 2 of the greatest cult bike in India.

Waiting for lots of pics of your bikes...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks