Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 11:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations; and the kudos is not for owning the bike, but for having a gifted Dad, who got you a motorcycle at wink of an eye. I came with an intention to just know about the ownership experience of 135LS, but I got to know something more & hence ignored reading about the performance (anyway I'm not a Bajaj fan). You've a gifted Dad than the gifted motorcycle.

Good luck for your CAT exams & get through them successfully & this is the best way to pay your Dad back for the motorcycle
Old 6th April 2010, 13:34   #17
BHPian

Thanks guys . Yes, hope I do something reasonable with the CAT.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi FanaticOnWheels

Congrats on your new bike.

I own a Pulsar 150 DTSi & get a mileage of ~ 60 kmpl on my North Delhi to Noida run (to my office) & back on peak office hours, that too when I drive at 60 kmph through Azadpur Market, Model Town, Delhi University, ISBT, Rajghat & Mayur Vihar (it takes me 45 mins in morning & around 1 hr in the evening when on bike to cover 33 kms). Hence, do not worry for the mileage as I predict your mileage will be better with the 4 vales & smaller engine.

Coming to gear-shift, please make sure that whenever you change gears always press the clutch lever fully at the time of changing the gears. HH/ Honda type half clutch gear changes will only harm your engine. I have experience of the HH Splendor as my first bike, that is why I can so comment. Otherwise you will have to change the gear shaft (my case), or even the clutch plates in worst case.

Keep a tab on the engine heating as well & use recommended engine oil to avoid overheating & ensure smooth running of the engine.

Hope my suggestions help.

Best wishes
You can adjust the clutch to your liking.

My FZ's clutch is adjusted in such a way that the gear can be changed at half clutch.

It wont cause any damage.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:19   #19
BHPian

Yeah, I've experienced that myself. I depress the clutch to only about 75% of it's maximum capacity (Don't do it intentionally though), and the gear changes without problems.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase mate!

Good choice for a city run about. Ensure you run-in the engine and dont get too carried away to break the speed limits before hand.

And finally, all the best for your CAT preparations and wishing you luck for the exams!!
Old 7th April 2010, 07:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Thanks guys . Yes, hope I do something reasonable with the CAT.
Congrats on the bike. Did you join CAT so as to get a bike .

Just joking. Ride safe, post the pictures of the bike and riding gear.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:03   #22
BHPian

Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Pulsar 135LS - Initial Ownership Report-xam-blast-056.jpg  

Pulsar 135LS - Initial Ownership Report-xam-blast-070.jpg  

Pulsar 135LS - Initial Ownership Report-xam-blast-064.jpg  

Pulsar 135LS - Initial Ownership Report-xam-blast-062.jpg  

Pulsar 135LS - Initial Ownership Report-xam-blast-060.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 9th April 2010, 16:52   #23
BHPian

Experienced my first problem. The self starter is not working. When I use the self starter, the display conks out, ie goes blank and the rpm meter oscillates between 0 and 1k. Kick start works fine though. When I start it using kick start, it shows a battery low icon. Strange, as I use the self only once or twice a day and always kick start The first time. The service center guys have asked me to come tomorrow morning. His has got me worried. All the electricals work fine.
Old 9th April 2010, 17:00   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Experienced my first problem. The self starter is not working. When I use the self starter, the display conks out, ie goes blank and the rpm meter oscillates between 0 and 1k. Kick start works fine though. When I start it using kick start, it shows a battery low icon. Strange, as I use the self only once or twice a day and always kick start The first time. The service center guys have asked me to come tomorrow morning. His has got me worried. All the electricals work fine.
Looks like your battery is weak! Strange enough for a new bike. However, the dealer might not have done PDI properly.

Get the battery checked/ charged. The issue should not occur anymore.
Old 9th April 2010, 20:59   #25
BHPian

The bike stopped all of a sudden today. There was a sudden loss of power and it stopped. I left it and took a bus to my destination. When I came back to get her, she started with one kick and there was no problem getting her back. This has got me worried seriously now. And I couldn't start the bike either way, just for the record. I guess I lost a good nights sleep. Is it serious? Or can a dead battey do such things?
Old 10th April 2010, 01:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

While you were riding?

Shouldn't logically. Were you honking continuously or using the headlamp and the other electricals?

It might just be because of a dead battery. How hot was your engine when it stopped?
Old 10th April 2010, 01:27   #27
BHPian

Didnt honk continuously. Was using the headlamps and the horn was used twice or so. I rode for about fifty meters before this happened. Taking her to the service station tomorrow. Lets see.
Old 10th April 2010, 08:28   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Taking her to the service station tomorrow. Lets see.
Please do that ASAP!

I dont think a running bike will die (because of dead battery), unless the battery is not getting charged!
Old 10th April 2010, 10:05   #29
BHPian

Just came back. He said that the self starter wasn't working because of a dead battery. I did use the self starter 5-6 times continuously a day back, to see if it worked. Could it be because of that?

And regarding the bike stopping, he said that I had not closed the petrol supply switch properly, and that's why the bike stopped. The bike refused to go above 3k rpm, and it felt like there was a sudden loss of power, like I use to raise the accelerator, and nothing used to happen, the engine used to knock, and it eventually stalled.

Now it's all fine, the bike behaved well on her way back from the service station. No issues so far. I asked him if he could charge the battery for me, he said he can, but I'll have to leave the battery there till evening. He also told me that if I don't wish to leave it there, I can ride it for 5 kms or so and it will get charged. I guess I'll take her out for a 40-50 km long ride today and see what happens.

Your take on this, T-BHPians? Both seemed to be minor problems, I was scared thinking I might have been sold a lemon. Are the reasons justified?
Old 10th April 2010, 11:10   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I asked him if he could charge the battery for me, he said he can, but I'll have to leave the battery there till evening. He also told me that if I don't wish to leave it there, I can ride it for 5 kms or so and it will get charged. I guess I'll take her out for a 40-50 km long ride today and see what happens.
well,
a battery shall take at the least 6 hours to be fully charged

starter and the weird instrumentation problem is nothing new with bajaj motorcycles
40-50kms shall put some life in the battery but won't fully charge it as you shall be using horn, brakes(brake lamp will glow) while riding,

go to the SVC in the evening, ask them to put the battery on charge over-night, go back in the morning and put the fully charged battery back in your motorcycle,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks